We hope all of you nurses out there are enjoying a Happy Nurses Week 2014!
The theme for Nurses Week 2014 is “Nurses Leading the Way.” All nurses, including traveling nurses, do SO much to lead and support within the healthcare industry. It’s really great that once a year we take a whole week to celebrate the hard work and compassion of awesome nurses.
Here are a few cool things going on this year for Nurses Week 2014:
The American Nursing Association offered up this cool Nurses Week History.
Like in many years before, Cinnabon is doing its giveaway for nurse professionals during Nurses Week. Just bring in your badge, May 6-12, to get a free Classic Cinnamon Roll or Minibon Roll.
Medical Solutions is doing some fun stuff over at WeLoveOurNurses.com:
- Real Nurses of Nurses Week gallery where you can add your nurse bio and picture
- A Share Your Best Nursing Story contest w/ prizes like free massages and scrubs
- Third annual Nurses of Tomorrow Scholarship contest — click here to enter.
- Shareable eCards and the #yournursesweek for social media
NursingCenter.com is doing:
- Free access to some of its most popular journal articles
- An image contest exemplifying this year’s theme, Nurses Leading the Way, and a word search puzzle
- Daily features on inspirational nurses
- A free National Nurses Week webinar
Gypsy Nurse, sponsored by Atlas Medstaff, is taking nominations for your “Gypsy Florence Nightingale” — click here to nominate.
Mighty Nurse is doing a Nurse Mad Libs drawing with a Southwest gift card for the prize and is also announcing its scholarship winner this week.
Scrubbed In is sharing a “Wish a Day” for nurses on its blog.
Many hospitals and others are also doing special things this week to honor nurses — so keep your eyes peeled from promotions and discounts May 6-12. We hope you all get a chance to unwind a bit through some of this Nurses Week fun and that you know how very grateful we all are for nurses! Happy Nurses Week 2014!