We know summer just started, but we’re already counting down the days to the 2018 Travelers Conference this fall! For those in the travel nurse industry, this event is kinda like the Super Bowl and Christmas all rolled up into one fun-filled weekend. Read on to learn 7 facts you might not know about TravCon 2018!
- The Travelers Conference, affectionately known as TravCon, is the one and only conference for travel nurses. If you’re a travel nurse or just thinking about becoming one, then this annual networking event is for you!
- TravCon takes place in Las Vegas at Bally’s Hotel and Casino this September 9th– 11th So, while you’re there, soak up the sun, take in a show, or wine and dine in style on the famous Strip.
- Whether you’re new to the travel nurse industry or you’re a seasoned veteran, there’s a little something for everyone at TravCon. You can earn CEUs, connect with other travel nurses, make lifelong friendships, and learn new skills on how to manage your travel nursing career.
- Jeff Solheim, MSN, RN-BC, CEN, CFRN, FAEN is this year’s keynote speaker. Solheim is the founder and director of Project Helping Hands, a humanitarian nonprofit that deploys clinical teams worldwide to provide care. His background in ER nursing, travel experiences, and humorous outlook on life make him an ideal fit for this year’s conference. The seminar is one you won’t want to miss!
- Tons of exhibitors will be there, including healthcare staffing agencies, financial advisors, professional associations, retirement planners, and more. So, it’s an excellent opportunity to get answers to your burning tax questions, find the staffing agency that perfectly fits your needs, or simply gather information to launch your next travel assignment!
- Spouses or traveling companions are welcome to attend. TravCon recognizes your significant other is the wind beneath your travel nursing wings, so there are sessions exclusively planned for him or her too.
- Now is the time to register! Learn more about TravCon here.
Are you going to TravCon 2018? Tell us what you’re most excited about for this year’s conference in the comments below!