- How to write an effective nurse cover letter http://t.co/BE3CR41h #
- RT @travelnursing: New travel nursing blog post: Choosing the Right Travel Nurse Recruiter http://t.co/AFwubSdN #travel nursing #
- How To Be A Traveling Nurse http://ht.ly/bEzB1 #
- Are you Travel Nurse Equipped? http://t.co/bVwZUptO #
- Travel Poll, Do you travel with pets? http://t.co/H9scPk1G #
- Travel Nursing Housing: Which Is Best? http://t.co/j6Xa71lN #
- Amazing Nurses Contest, Nominate an Extraordinary Nurse http://t.co/Rx7qYfi8 #
- Top Tips for Gaining Experience as a Travel Nurse http://t.co/n0YhngNX #
What is the show about?
The show is about a group of fun traveling nurses that travel to and from the nicer parts of the country. It would focus more on their social lives than at work.
What will it be called?
It is unnamed as of now. Right now is just the casting process.
Who is eligible to apply?
Anyone can apply. We are looking for big personalities that have a lot of fun being a traveling nurse.
How do nurses apply? What do you need from them?
Email a picture and brief description of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
When is the deadline to apply?
No deadline. But the sooner the better.
Are nurses paid to be a part of the cast?
Yes, nurses that are selected to be a part of the cast will be compensated.
Do nurses have to leave their current assignment for the show? Or do you just follow them on their current assignments?
When will it air?
What channel will it be on?
Can’t say at this moment. But it an upscale female network.
Will nurses have to notify their companies?
How many episodes will it be?
Is the show going to be more like Jersey Shore or Little People, Big World?
I guess a little more like little people, big world. Ha – but it is really just a fun glimpse into the lives of traveling nurses. BIG CHARACTERS.
Anything else you want to add?
Below is the Casting PDF I have been sending around if that is easier. Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. Do you know when this will post?
ATTENTION TRAVELING NURSES!!
DO YOU WANT TO BE ON TV?
DOES YOUR JOB TAKE YOU TO THE NICEST
PARTS OF THE COUNTRY?
ARE YOU A BIG CHARACTER?
IF SO, READ ON…
Dear Traveling Nurses of America,
We are contacting you to let you know about an exciting
opportunity that has Crybaby Media and a Major Cable Network
teaming up on a new television show centering around the
world of Traveling Nurses.
We are currently doing a casting search for Traveling Nurses, both male and female,
that have larger than life personalities! Hip, young, outgoing nurses who go to really
cool locations to be a nurse for that peak season. Maybe it is spending the winter skiing
in Aspen or surfing in Hawaii or perhaps it is spending the summer at cocktail parties in
the Hamptons or yachting in Nantucket. Whatever it may be, our perfect candidate
wants to see the country and have a FUN time doing so. A LOT OF FUN!
If this is you and your friends, we would love to hear from you. Please send a picture, a
brief description of yourself and your contact information to email@example.com
and we will be in touch shortly.
Thanks so much and look forward to hearing your story!
Some people would ask why you, the nurse, are looking for travel nursing jobs. Shouldn’t your travel nursing company do that? And to certain degree that is true. That is what travel nursing agencies are good at.
But if working in great locations is one of your main interests in being a travel nurse then there will inevitably times when the company you are with will not have a job in the location you want. In that case you may want to search for a job yourself.
There are different ways to go about this. One way is to go companies websites that actually list their travel nursing jobs. Not every company does this many of the major ones do.
If that seems like a lot of work then there are also sites that aggregate jobs from several companies into one spot. Here are some of the best sites around for you to do that:
- How to Become a Travel Nurse http://t.co/s9HQXpMV #
- National Medical Staffing Leader, Aureus Medical, Launches Mobile Website – Press Release – Digital Journal http://t.co/F9vfCmDN #
- Travel Nurse Housing browse or post for free! http://t.co/f4pFkSVo #
- What Impact Does Joint Commission Certificate Create On Traveling Nurse Agency Jobs? http://t.co/uii5iKlE #
- RT @socialbuzznewz: Medical Solutions Launches the First Pinterest Contest in the Travel Nursing … http://t.co/6fuq4OtY #
- Why Travel Nursing with a Pet is Good for You, Part 2 http://t.co/njgGfYrm #
- Read the latest Travel Nurse Company News http://t.co/ANoTOLUL #
- See Hospital Rankings here http://t.co/dRw5Bm6T #
- Three fun summer destinations for travel nurse assignments http://t.co/ElFWEpzX #
- Looking for housing? Look no further! New postings daily. http://t.co/zz4mhyKE #
- Interesting Travel Nursing Statistics http://t.co/y5QizW99 #
- RT @nursetogether: Nurses: Dress to impress…yourselves! http://t.co/LJ7k1kCq #
- Alternatives to breaching a travel contract? – Travel Nursing Central http://t.co/VK6i0pyG #
- Are you Travel Nurse Equipped? – Travel Nursing Central http://t.co/4ULAkkuc #
- A Culinary Travel Nurse Twist – Travel Nursing Central http://t.co/TO0UE1Dv #
- What is the Difference Between RN and LPN http://t.co/W1bn4xIj #
- RT @travelnursing: Daily Tips for Travel Nurses is out! http://t.co/2lnqt19E ▸ Top stories today via @travelnursing #
- Travel Nursing Poll – My recruiter is… http://t.co/CMDpnMdu #
- Travel Nursing Poll: do you travel with pets?l http://t.co/X23LhmiB #
Before becoming a nurse and even before beginning education, a lot of prospective nurses are unsure of the different types of nurses that they can train to become. A Travel Nurse is one option that offers a wealth of opportunities both in terms of life experience and flexibility.
As the name suggests, a Travel Nurse is someone that can work in different locations around the United States, and sometimes around the world. They can choose where they work, how long they want to work there for and also the speciality they work in. This type of nursing isn’t for everyone, but incentives of good pay, work completion bonuses, as well as the excitement of working in many different locations is certainly something that might tick all of your boxes. Let’s take a look at what it takes to become a Travel Nurse.
Travel Nursing Education
During your high school education it’s important to focus your attention particularly in math and science. If you think traveling further afield than the U.S. would interest you then it might also be worthwhile studying foreign languages. Once your high school education is complete and you’ve hopefully achieved the grades you were hoping for, it’s on to a local university or college to further your education. There are also nursing programs online that you can take in order to qualify as a Travel Nurse if you would prefer.
The first step after high school is to train under a program that is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. This can be via a hospital diploma plan (which provides minimum training to qualify), a two-year Associate’s Degree or the recommended four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree which is able to open up further opportunities down the road if you choose this option.
The degree qualification will mean you are able to take the nursing board exams, which will hopefully mean that you will qualify to practice nursing as your profession. This doesn’t mean that your education is complete however (in fact you will always be learning new things in nursing), as you will need at least one year of experience working as a nurse. For better opportunities to come your way as a Travel Nurse you might want to consider as much as two or three years practical experience in a hospital setting before seeking employment. One tip is to try and work in several areas of a hospital setting in order to learn more varied skills.
Skills to Learn
You’ll learn many skills during your education at nursing schools and training to become a Travel Nurse, but you’ll also need to be competent in areas that might not be covered in a classroom environment. This includes:
- Working in a team
- Being able to communicate well with others
- Be able to work in a number of different nursing settings
- Be flexible with where and when you work
Searching for a Job
Travel Nurses can be hired for short, long-term or permanent hire. The added benefit of this type of nursing over others is the ability to travel all over the country, or world if you so choose. Furthermore, Travel Nurses get to work in a variety of settings such as rehab centers, hospitals and correctional facilities.
As a Travel Nurse you can expect to earn upwards of $60k per year, but also benefit from travel expenses and accommodation while you are being employed. Further good news is that the demand for Travel Nurses is expected to grow over the coming years, so there should be plenty of opportunities for employment.
The demands on a nurse are understandably tough at times, but the rewards often outweigh this, especially for a travel nurse where there are always new environments and exciting locations to work. If Travel Nursing is a profession that ticks all your boxes then it’s definitely worth investigating further into training and education.
- How to Become a Travel Nurse http://t.co/crWMDJGB #
- Four things every travel nurse should know | Medical News and Nationwide Events: Aureus Medical http://t.co/B9HlSsde #
- What nurses should look for in a boss Articles http://t.co/QiVZkUqg #
- RT @travelnursing: Don’t Let Bed Bugs Ruin Your Next Travel Assignment http://t.co/UmCCoaIU #travelnursing #
- How To Succeed As A Nurse http://t.co/tYLP7rlj #
- Rank Travel Nursing Companies here http://t.co/DkyFs5M9 #
- Youth aims for traveling health-care career http://t.co/jCywwfbZ #