Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Yuma Regional Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.5||1.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.7||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.6||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.1||1.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.2||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.4||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3||1.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.9||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.5||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.2||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.1||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.7||1.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.7||2.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.7||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.9||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.3||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.5||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.7||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||51.5(11)||26.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the float department(s) in the hospital. managers are liars I know for a fact. the nastiest staff I have ever worked with !!! never AGAIN ! broke contract and left 01/22/2018 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was sonora sunset . Housing was located in city of yuma. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. housing is unsafe they allow pit bulls, animals of every kind the housing mgr had a criminal record , one man was a drunken rude abuser , the mgr went into my apt when I was gone stole things !!!
- I worked in the OB department(s) in the hospital. Super busy hospital. Always 1:2 labors, even on low census. 12/13/2017 Housing was approximately Na mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was nA. Housing was located in city of Na. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. N/A
- I worked in the EMERGENCY department(s) in the hospital. Overall I felt the assignment was not that horrible. The ratio was 5 and 6:1 when I was told 4:1. But the wait times for doctors dispo and turn over of patients was at a snails pace so it didn't matter. I would go back. There are some horrible docs there that don't care about patients and wont listen to nurses no matter what. Complete disrespect for staff. But the temp docs were fabulous. Most of the tecs were amazing and so hard working most stuff got done without me saying a word. Pt literally lay there for 6-14 hours prior waiting for dispo. Brand New er in 2016. I liked it I would go back. 05/09/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA . Housing was located in city of YUMA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I always find my own housing Nothing to do but travel to mexico and san diego
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Worst experience! They advertise their ratio as 4:1 however it's more like 6:1. As a traveler they give you the worst patients, overwhelm you, and nobody bothers to help! Patients are put into your rooms and nobody tells you. I had a level 1 medical, a patient o2 sats in the low 80s and they put them in my room, didn't tell me, and didn't bother to hook the patients up to oxygen. More bad things have happened to me in 3 months than my 4 years of nursing combined. If you care about your license stay far away from this ER. They put you, your license and more importantly the patient at risk. 03/21/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/a. Housing was located in city of Yuma . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Studio apartment in downtown, shady people, window air conditioner.
- I worked in the 2 west department(s) in the hospital. My floor was overflow. I really liked it. I have heard that other floors are much more challenging with the ratios and acuity. 03/09/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Regency Square. Housing was located in city of Yuma. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the EMERGENCY department(s) in the hospital. stay away from YRMC during the snowbird season. the ED is a total wreck with the doubled and maybe tripled their normal volumes. 03/09/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was na we have an RV. Housing was located in city of winterhaven ca. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. we live in our RV. no housing option used
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Laziest group of docs I have ever worked with. Pretty sure one cal to Medicare for fraud would shut them down 02/24/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Na. . Housing was located in city of Winterhaven ca. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. We have an RV. Flexcare doesn't usually provide housing
- I worked in the cardiac department(s) in the hospital. big old books to chart in that are such a waste of paper. The staff is used to people coming in new, it is a revoling door for travelers, registry and regular staff. There is a certain religion that dominates, you here then talk about church meeting like a secret society, when it was necessary for me to fight my for my license I learned ALOT more about that. It is not a religion but a cult. You wont notice it much, but it is there. Quit a few of the mgrs VP are a part of this ,mostly those who were on currently or formerly board of nursing members . Retaliation is the name of their game. I would not recommend this hospital to set foot in to any nurse. I know they lies about me, falsified documents, and put in a complaint to the BON , nothing in that complaint materilized. AND nothing had anything to do with work patients , and no not drugs, because of their relationship with the BON they were able to get a complaint to stick and investigation which was more like a witch hunt. Horrible , dishonest, underhanded wicked , that is all I have for my opinion of this "medical center" 11/24/2015 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Sonora. Housing was located in city of yuma. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. i wish I could put 0, but doesnt allow it. Until you move in you wont be aware of the housing coordinator who does your background check has a criminal record . Drug deals going down, people watching you, if they think your a snitch, they will GANG up on you. But the Yumans nature is to go after you , and save their reputation (haha) at ANY cost to the nurse. Not smart because I am writing this. When they could have acted in a professional manner and dealt with the problem. What a horrible experience. I had one nurse friend of the housing mgr, threaten me with 3 guns. after I packed and left. That is one of their 'caring nurses" . the witness to this was threatened they would turn her into the board , so she lied to save herself. beware this is how they operate, in fact avoid AZ. Yuma is a -10 on scale 0-10
- I worked in the telemetry department(s) in the hospital. Yuma is a border town, they advertise you are __from san diegoe and __ mi from L V because it is dullville. The worst part is the mgt , the lying hr, risk mgr, vp, they can fabricate documents ,this hospital is KNOWN to turn a nurse over to the board of nursing. BEWARE there are alot of bd members past and present on the BD who work here and all their kin I would NOT recommended it .YOU wont know about this but talking to nurses , most have no idea now evil. No idea. 11/24/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was sonora sunset . Housing was located in city of yuma. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. this place is a night mare all of its own, a off duty mgr who is married , but shows empty apts to single men the viewing of the apt lasts for hours. You give her your personal info, unknowing she has a record. SHe plays favortism with some questionable people who dont even work there. The place is a dump cheap beds, paton place. This is how I got involved with HR they are the boss of this lying 'housing coordinator" she walked out of apt next to mine with a non tenant who was there with his wife, the cloud of mariquana smoke followed them, of course he had a gun on his side, and got on his harley. BE FOR WARNED !!! Some real nasty nurses who like to run the place because they have come back a couple times. My thoughts no one else would hire them
- I worked in the Med West Obs department(s) in the hospital. Physicians are not knowledgeable and treat you like dirt. One Physician will spend the whole shift yelling at everyone and everyone tolerates it. Since they cannot get Physicians to stay they will not give you support. During interview she will tell you she extends Travelers because that is how she arrived at Yuma. Manager states she is not happy with Travelers and older nurses just work for the money. She obviously has forgetten where she came from. If you have worked in big hospitals it is a break because they have a lot of catching up to do and are not to big on education or magnet status. 05/18/2015 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was River Park. Housing was located in city of Yuma. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. The apartment is good enough for three months. Refurbished appliances, dirty carpets, pool is full of bugs, and hottub does not work.
- I worked in the med surge department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the med-surge and was floated to med-surge overflow most of the time. I didn't care to float. 99% of the doctors were nice to staff. Dr. Gerais and Dr. Hogue are amazing! Parking is a NIGHTMARE. It's better if someone brings you to work. The parking garage is a 5 minute walk to the hospital area, the parking lot is full, and you're not supposed to park in the visitor parking. I was a traveler, and not a seasonal nurse. The seasonal nurses are offered employee housing. Epic is the charting system which is user friendly for the most part. Most of the patients are snowbirds who come here for the winter. 03/10/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was unknown. Housing was located in city of Yuma. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Nice hospital, but currently under construction due to a new ER.
Click here for advertising info