Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Rideout memorial hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.6|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.4|
|3. Hospital Technology||2|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.8|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.6|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.8|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.4|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.8|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.6|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.6|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.2|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.6|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.4|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||43.4(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. This was a great place to work. I was well received and treated by all the staff, especially the techs, because I didn’t treat them as my personal slaves (as some travelers did). Worked there 3.5 months, and they had a going away party for me (not a usual occurrence for a short-time traveler), and have said they want me back! 01/28/2018 Housing was approximately .75 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was apartment complex on C street. Housing was located in city of Marysville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Single bedroom furnished apartment in walking distance to hospital, gated. Custodian was very nice and helpful.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Very busy ER. Discharged patient and bed got filled immediately. Felt I couldn't give adequate care to my patients as was rushed to get them out the door. No help from ER techs as they had to be sitters for psych patients. Had to switch between 2 computer charting systems if patients were admitted and held in ED. Staff was traveler-friendly however. No lockers available for travelers and they wouldn't even have me leave my bag in nursing office as $ had been stolen. Rough town. Stayed in outskirts of Yuba City though and was okay. Company wanted to put me at place close to hospital, looked at it, said No Way! Very run down. Not alot to do in area unless you want to drive to Sacramento, 40 miles away. 08/22/2016 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was stayed in my own. . Housing was located in city of Yuba City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Provided my own housing, hotel.
- I worked in the MotherBaby department(s) in the hospital. Horrible hospital. The dirtiest hospital I have ever seen. Many things done wrong, not willing to improve or change. Charting program very old and awful. Nursing station dirty and small. No sink at station. Nurses did not wash their hands after leaving rooms. Patient care is awful. Call system not working, so nurses station sees patient light go on and nurse has to walk to room to help patient. Baby's blood glucose has to be "25" before Pediatrician is called. Very poor nursing care. No showers in rooms. Patients have to go to hall for shower. Nurses gossip and some say racist comments about patients. HORRIBLE HOSPITAL. Dirty and poor nursing care. 08/12/2016 Housing was approximately 8 miles mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was rented apt. on my own.. Housing was located in city of Marysville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Marysville is less desirable than Yuba City. Marysville has many drug addicts and homeless people. Not a safe town in general.High crime areas in both. Very hot, nothing to do except to drive 80-100 miles for other places to visit like Lake Tahoe or San Francisco. It was difficult to find an apt. complex that was clean, well maintained and in average area in terms of crime activity.
- I worked in the Operating room department(s) in the hospital. Many issues, many incidents that if not corrected can effect your license. Stay way. 02/26/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Find your own. Housing was located in city of Yuba city. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Small dying town.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Small town the staff is friendly not a lot to do. 01/29/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was got my own housing. Housing was located in city of yuba city. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Got my own housing
Click here for advertising info