Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Espanola Presbyterian Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.3|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.7|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.7|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.2|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.2|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.5|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.3|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.7|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.8|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.7|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.7|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||70.5(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. I was here from Aug 2019-April 2020. Though the community largely consists of drug addicts & alcoholics, the actual hospital and staff are amazing. It’s why I stayed for as long as I did. They accept travelers as their own. Most of the travelers who come to Presbyterian Espanola Hospital end up extending or accepting a permanent position. The ER techs are extremely helpful & many are trained to draw blood and start IVs. Though the hospital is rural and not a trauma center, you still get a fair share of traumas. The nursing team works so well together and you’ll learn quite a bit! The manager, Russell, will even take on a zone of his own when it gets busy which I have been unable to say about other ER managers. They have an 18 bed ER and the providers have positive & rewarding relationships with the nursing staff. They perform a lot of FAST exams instead of relying strictly on other departments for testing so you get to see a lot. I’m really going to miss that hospital and the people I worked with. Also, it’s not busy all the time so you get down time to take a breath and EAT! You can wear whatever scrub color you want and the patient nurse ratio is 4:1. But if they have someone scheduled for 3p-3a, often the ratio is 3:1. And since they don’t have a fast track area, when you have “really sick” patients, you often have level 4-5 to ease the demand. It’s absolutely wonderful. The only reason they have trouble staffing people full time is because no one wants to live in Espanola due to the crime rate so most people live in Santa Fe. The area is absolutely gorgeous and you’re surrounded by mountains on all sides. There is a lot to do on your days off so I would definitely recommend this hospital. 04/05/2020 Housing was approximately 4.4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Cottonwood RV Park. Housing was located in city of Española . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Do NOT stay at Cottonwood RV Park if you’re traveling via RV. Stay at Roadrunner RV Park or at a park in Santa Fe. The owner of the RV park has had multiple mental breakdowns that results in assaulting tenants. Read the google review of you don’t believe me. The Roadrunner RV Park is $550/month + utility usage and is only 15 min from the hospital. Definitely go there instead.
- I worked in the labor and delivery/float department(s) in the hospital. Everyone at the hospital is appreciative, and friendly. The surrounding area is diverse and interesting. Although Espanola is considered a high crime area, I have never had any problems. The people here are kind, respectful, and polite. My favorite things to do it hike and bike. The Tesuque Market is my favorite restaurant. 10/07/2017 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb. Housing was located in city of Hernandez. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I rented a room from a retired nurse, that frequently rents to travel nurses. It was clean, hospitable, with good food.
- I worked in the Med/surg department(s) in the hospital. I felt comfortable here. Great team work. everyone works well with one another. Made me feel welcomed and not an outsider. 06/03/2017 Housing was approximately 27 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was san mateo apt. Housing was located in city of santa fe. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I chose to live in santa fe rather than here in Espanola but it was a good place. gated community. a little expensive though
- I worked in the Operating room department(s) in the hospital. My experience at this particular hospital was great (10/2016-02/2017). I worked in the operating room which is newly constructed with a new manager and I had no issue. Hospital is very clean! Housing keeping does a very good job! Staff are friendly and accommodating! Riverside drive has a lot of restaurants, casinos and bars not a bad place to visit. Hiking trails are great.. very close to the springs and river. Also Downtown Santa Fe is about 40 mins from the hospital which is a great place to explore. FYI: good place to work if you want to save money ( very high paying and cheap apartments). 04/10/2017 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I didn't take housing . Housing was located in city of Different areas but mostly espanola. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. April (the HR personnel who is responsible for travelers) has a list of apartments/ rooms for rent owns by employees that is very reasonable and safe. My experience with housing was great.
- I worked in the Surgical department(s) in the hospital. They are so dishonest, they should go to prison. Lying is acceptable from management. Reprehensible human beings. There are stalkers at that hospital. Pleural, more than one. Don't trust anyone. Say goodbye to your personal boundaries. 05/06/2015 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Butterfly Springs. Housing was located in city of Pojoaque. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the Surgery department(s) in the hospital. CRNA's take patients into surgery before interview with RN Circulator or transport patient into surgery without notifying the RN,no support from management for the RN regarding policy, patient safety, requiring scrubs to follow policy and procedures, such as counting, keeping track of implants,staying in the room until patient is extubated, no support for RN who ask to count instruments on a case and scrubs argue and debate the issue but management does not support the RN 11/12/2014 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private house. Housing was located in city of Santa Fe. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. There is not much available in the city of Espanola, also Espanola was just rated as most dangerous city in New Mexico.
Click here for advertising info