Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: University Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.1||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.4||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.6||4.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.5||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.6||4.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.2||5.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4||5.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.9||5.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.9||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.6||5.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.4||5.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.5||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.9||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.8||5.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.2||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.5||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||69.4(8)||89.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the labor and delivery department(s) in the hospital. This assignment was great. The night shift staff was incredibly welcoming, and very friendly. If challenges arise while caring for a patient there was someone to back you up. Ratios 1:2. I was not expected to do triage, nor was I ever floated to another unit. EMR now is Epic. Patients are managed by residents. Team communication was good. Night time parking in hospital garage was free. 10/18/2020 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RV park . Housing was located in city of Bourne. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the Medical Oncology department(s) in the hospital. I was on 10 West, the Medical Oncology unit. The unit needs physical work done, it is very run down. The staff was very nice, I never had issues with getting help when needed. I never had issues with physicians. I was floated a handful of times in my first contract. Main issue was being told I had a 22 week extension and a week prior being told they don’t do more than 12 week contracts and they stated they never signed my second contract. ( my first contract was 18 weeks). Basically, the HR department messed up. I already signed a housing contract for 22 additionally weeks, so just FYI, only 12 weeks at a time. My manager said she would be extending me if possible. 08/03/2018 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Gateway Crossing. Housing was located in city of Martinez. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. The apartment complex allows pets, has a pool and gym, allows short term leasing and can have furniture delivered for rental use.
- I worked in the Cardiovascular towers department(s) in the hospital. I have worked at this hospital once before in 2014 in the same area, which was the cardiovascular towers as a float nurse. This was a good assignment.The charting system is Epic. The staff is very helpful. The workload was heavy at times, but the staff will help you if you feel overwhelmed. The charge nurses helps tremendously. I would definitely work this assignment again. 09/20/2017 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Belair Village. Housing was located in city of Evans, GA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I found my own housing. I rented a condo in Belair Village.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. 07/22/2017 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of san antonio. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the Pediatrics department(s) in the hospital. This was a terrible first travel experience. The pay is just okay for the way I was treated. Terrible orientation. No room to learn or grow as a nurse. 02/19/2017 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Place at Castle Hills. Housing was located in city of Castle Hills. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. The leasing office was great, but the space itself was pretty terrible, aside from good air conditioning.
- I worked in the Trauma Surgical Burn ICU department(s) in the hospital. I was a nurse in the Trauma Surgical ICU. Staff was very friendly to travelers. I was frequently asked to extend or become permanent staff by the NM. I was floated to other ICUs only. I was given 4 patient SAC assignments occasionally. Charge nurses easy to work with for schedule conflicts, but travelers are not given access to the self-scheduling system.
The city is bike-friendly in terms of bike lanes and such, but the traffic can be dangerous. Good dining and supermarkets. Mediocre bus system but you can get a free bus pass from the hospital.
I would recommend any of the ICUs to other travelers 07/13/2015 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Roxbury. Housing was located in city of Albuquerque. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Clinical Decision Unit department(s) in the hospital. In reading the other traveler's review, I guess it's not just my unit that has ridiculous expectations for staff to patient ratio and workload. The administration treats patients more like cattle than people, moving them as quickly as possible irregardless if their acuity level fits the floor. Other than the pushy bed administration people, it's a really nice place to work and live. People are so nice and professional. 01/05/2015 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I rented a room from a couple in North Augusta. Housing was located in city of North Augusta. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Cardiac/Vascular department(s) in the hospital. I worked night shift thank God! It was so crazy there the workload was 4/5 to 1 we had no CNA on the floor we had to do everything for the patients. The patients had a high acuity as well. giving blood on this floor was crazy. The nurses do try to help but its hard because they have their own crazy group to care for. This assignment was very strenuous for me. The manager kept saying they were getting CNAs but they never did while I was there. 10/21/2014 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Century Hills. Housing was located in city of Augusta. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. My housing was great! Its very quiet and they have a great pool area and workout room. The office staff was wonderful.
Click here for advertising info