Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Kaiser Sunnyside
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.8|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8|
|5. Cafeteria food||3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.8|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.2|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.7|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.3|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||59.6(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the medical surgical department(s) in the hospital. I only worked one shift and was called in the morning by recruiter and told they were letting me go. They tried several reasons and then when we countered all those reasons as false they finally just stated I was not a good fit. Staff ,especially night shifters are very cliquish (obviously since they felt I was not a good fit in less than 12 hours)Many modules and their HR staff is beyond ignorant( could not tell me how many beds were in hospital... HR 101.They actually told me I was slow to pick up Epic, I was a former super user. Do not go here they lie. I was also black balled by them at all Kaiser
facilities, and in the end they would not put the reasons in writing because I am sure they would get sued for lying. I have been traveling for greater than 13 years and this is one of the most humiliating experiences ever.Please do not go here. 12/23/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was my own. Housing was located in city of portland. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the med/surg float department(s) in the hospital. I really had a good experience on this assignment. They have a rule that you're supposed to only have maximum of 5 patients to a nurse and a mandatory 75 minute break for every shift. I never even got a break at my other assignments so this was nice. But I did get floated to 7 different departments and didn't know where I'd be until 1800 prior to my shift start at 1900. Otherwise, I thought the staff was adequately kind and helpful to travelers. I would recommend this hospital to anyone who would like to explore SE Portland. 07/05/2017 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Roamer's Rest RV park. Housing was located in city of Tiluatin. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I was in an RV park and I would recommend it but they have a lot of rules and would fine you if you didn't comply.
- I worked in the Labor and Delivery department(s) in the hospital. Overall, I did not think this hospital was traveler friendly. The staffing office made it clear from day 1 that if I did not request specific days off in my contract they would not work with me and I would need to find other ways to get the shifts they scheduled me for covered. The staff and providers were extremely friendly and I loved working with them, but the hospital orientation and work flow were not traveler friendly. All hospital orientation was on the computer prior to starting and the computer charting system orientation was almost non-existent, they had one 2 hour computer module and it had nothing to do with my specialty. On the floor orientation did not go over emergency procedures or how to use Vocera or even a basic layout of the rooms. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this assignment for these reasons. 06/03/2016 Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Friends Apartment. Housing was located in city of Beaverton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found housing through a family member. I subleased a room in his apartment.
- I worked in the Main O.R. department(s) in the hospital. 1st day Orientation was told.."clickish staff, don't speak unless spoken to,keep your mouth shut and watch your back"...**Red Flag from beginning** 11/16/2015 Housing was approximately 61 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was None. Housing was located in city of Longview Washington . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I drove from home daily which I'm used to driving an hour, plus gave me my downtime needed to de-stress before getting home.
- I worked in the Med/Surg Neuro department(s) in the hospital. the hospital staff was unwelcome to travelers. i was floated a bunch to other units with no information given to me as to where the bathroom even was. 03/17/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Vue Apartments. Housing was located in city of Portland. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. housing location was great
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Max 4:1 ratio. Guaranteed 45 minute lunch. 10/09/2014 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Altamont Summit. Housing was located in city of Happy Valley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Found my own housing. Washer & dryer in unit. Pet friendly.
Click here for advertising info