Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Oakbend Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.2|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.2|
|3. Hospital Technology||1|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.6|
|5. Cafeteria food||1|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.4|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.4|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.4|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.6|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.8|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.6|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.2|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||37(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Cath lab department(s) in the hospital. Staff has little to no experience. Charge nurse came from med/surge made charge and off orientation in less than 6 months. One staff tech. Two staff RNS on "orientation" one with the 6 month charge nurse the other with no one. Main cardiologist coming from fellowship. Scary 07/19/2016 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Dolce. Housing was located in city of Rosenberg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Noisy.
- I worked in the Cath Lab department(s) in the hospital. The cath lab is not a bad assignment. VERY slow and very technologically inferior to most labs. No administrative support for staff (above the department manager). Located in a less than desirable part of town although nice areas are nearby. It is a safe location though. I provided my own housing. Apartments would only do a 4 month contract though so that took some negotiations. Being on call I had to stay within 30 minutes of the hospital. There are nicer, less expensive housing located a little farther away from the hospital. 04/14/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Avana Brazos Ranch Apts. Housing was located in city of Rosenberg, TX. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Apartments were nice. They offered a 3 month minimum contract when I arrived but a new management company came in and upped it to a minimum of 4 months. Pool, weight room, indoor basketball court, gated entrance, friendly staff, quiet, safe, near a little shopping area with several chain restaurants, Target, Best Buy...
- I worked in the Nicu/NBN department(s) in the hospital. When I interviewed for this position it was for NICU my specialty. I made sure that that was what I saw being hired for with Director. They asked me if I would be willing to help in NBN if needed and I said yes, as long as it is clear that is there are infants in the NICU that is where I remain, they said no issue with this. .Was the larges lie evu er, what they wanted was a NBN nurse that could float to NICU in a pinch if needed to assist their staff nurses. After 3 days or orientation in NBN, not NICu as that is what I was hired for on 4 day they went to assign me to NBN, after being promised 3 days in a row my next shift would be orientation to NICU...was a mess, they had no intenetion of keeping there word and told me I was living in a dream world if I thought I would be regularly working in NICU...They have no policies to read, no director, manager, or supervisor. The CNO of hospital is currently the acting director as no one wants the job I guess...I left as they broke contract with me upon my agency and recruiter decision! 02/13/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own. Housing was located in city of Longview. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Very lacking leadership....very unprofessional, NICU was new, poorly built, an afterthought, equipment is worse ever, and they are decieptful!
- I worked in the Perinatal department(s) in the hospital. Even after a month of working at the facility, I did not have access to all of the necessary tools to effectively take care of my patients. I repeatedly asked for this access and was told it would be granted, but did not receive it. Sometimes the physicians took their anger out on nurses in front of the patients. When reported, it was said that "it's just the way [they] are," and it would be forgotten. Also, driving to the facility is not easy - traffic is atrocious!! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY TO ANYONE!! 11/03/2015 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Memorial Village. Housing was located in city of Houston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I loved my housing option because I chose the complex myself. It was on the higher end of my stipend, but I felt I needed something like this in order to feel safe and secure. Just a bit of advice, beware of where you choose your housing because the area may look safe, but the element may determine differently.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Unsafe ratios. The department is spread out making efficiency impossible. Critical patients are sent for testing without nursing staff. Teamwork is discouraged. 09/18/2014 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Comfort Inn. Housing was located in city of Rosenberg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Older hotel. Clean with awesome staff.
Click here for advertising info