Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Riverside Community Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.1||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.8||2.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2||1.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.8||2.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.2||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2||1.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||1.9||2.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.2||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.4||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.1||2.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.4||2.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.6||2.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3||2.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.2||1.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.8||3.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.4||1.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.2||1.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.6||1.5|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.4||1.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||48.2(8)||38.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Medsurg/ tele department(s) in the hospital. Horrible hospital. Not friendly at all staff is very standoffish. Have heard permanent staff y’all bad about travelers multiple times. Many nights without charge nurses and relief nurses. 07/31/2019 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Stonegate. Housing was located in city of Riverside. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I would not recommend this hospital to any traveler. The only thing that is keeping travelers and permanent staff here is the money.
- I worked in the Med-Surg department(s) in the hospital. As a new traveler, this was a very difficult assignment because I was new to Meditech (the oldest version), and the actual structure (or lack thereof) of how things are managed throughout a work shift are very unorganized and not conducive to providing quality patient care or safety. The orientation was only one shift which was so busy and full of chaos (3 rapid responses and 2 codes), I did not feel prepared to start my assignment with the proper knowledge and training needed to provide safe nursing care. As a first timer to Meditech, that was a huge disadvantage, as there is not enough time in one busy orientation shift to even grasp the basics. There were more shifts that there was not a charge nurse, or the charge nurse was sharing multiple units and not around. The particular unit I was on, the nurses were very friendly but when it came to a rapid response or literally drowning in workload, they would literally sit there and watch you drown. The patient assignments were not assigned appropriately, as some shifts, I would have 3 discharges and then get hit with 3 admits nearly at the same time. All while the other nurses were not busy at all. I was only floated 3 times to other units. Most of the patients are Spanish only speaking so sometimes an admit or discharge would be even more time consuming. I worked nights so the doctors on call were cordial but I had one encounter where a doctor literally screamed and yelled at me because I asked him to repeat himself. Most of the doctors are foreign and are hard to understand their accents. In regards to the lack of organization, everything just seemed to be way harder and time consuming than necessary. The hospital is overloaded with patients especially the ED. So a lot of patients were unhappy most of the time as they would wait 3 -4 days just for an MRI or ultrasound. Positive things: the nurses are friendly (but not team oriented), and the staff office ended up giving me an extra day or orientation. I lived 6 minutes from the hospital which I loved. However, Riverside is great in that anything you need or want is right there. I’m very outdoorsy and love hiking and exploring nature and that is nonexistent there. You have to drive at least an hour to find peaceful nature. And the traffic is horrendous there. After 13 weeks, I was more comfortable. It literally took me my entire contract to actually feel solid about going into work and feeling like my license was safe. Due to me understanding how to maneuver around the disorganization and lack of structure. And working with Meditech. I was told I was on one of the toughest units so maybe other units are better. All in all, the hospital is very short staffed and I even heard a rumor when I left that they were about to go on strike. 04/13/2019 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Blank. Housing was located in city of Riverside . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. None
- I worked in the SICU/MICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked 6 months at this hospital and it has been one of my favorite assignments! The staff are very accepting of travelers and eager and willing to help you out whenever, both SICU and MICU. I was rarely floated, if I was it was to another ICU which I was totally fine with. They use Meditech, which is archaic and not user friendly but once you get the hang of it not so bad. There are lots of updates in the works at the moment, new building, renovating units, new equipment, etc. so they are trying to get up to code so us RNs can function with less hang ups. Overall, I gained an incredible amount of knowledge and experience and met nurses who have touched my heart forever. 08/01/2017 Housing was approximately 40 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was none. Housing was located in city of Temecula. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I provided my own housing, but the commute from Temecula was not bad at night at all, I enjoyed after the initial week.
- I worked in the mother baby department(s) in the hospital. DO not go to this hospital if you value your health, license as they are very unsafe almost criminal skimming the toilet of decency to their nurses, who are over worked. They will give full assignment which can be 3 c/s fresh , no help from staff who say "travelers do not get help " The unit is filthy and there are two crazy old nurses one who works nights who only likes no one and literally will abuse travel nurses verbally along with her partner on days another whack job of third world idiocy . The full time staff feel trapped and helpless by these two abusive old nurses. DO NOT ACCEPT A CONTRACT HERE 08/06/2016 Housing was approximately NA mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of NA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. run run run
- I worked in the mother baby department(s) in the hospital. The treatment of the travel nurse at this hospital is horrific, even was stated ," travel nurses are expected to work harder with no assistance", as the sickest patients are given to travelers with no help. We do all care, except vitals, no breaks, only 30 minutes lunch in 12 hours. No desk computers to use have to use hallway computers, staff marks computers as "theirs". It is dirty every where and poor patient care delivered, hardly anyone extends. 06/13/2016 Housing was approximately none mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was none. Housing was located in city of none. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. housing not relevant to my travel
- I worked in the MS department(s) in the hospital. hospital uses meditech and cows i hate cows 05/05/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private. Housing was located in city of Riverside. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. hospital is very old and dirty two pts to a room very
- I worked in the pedi and NICU department(s) in the hospital. Go to beach and LA and disneyland. Palm springs is close. Great area in the surrounding 50 miles This hospital had by far the best staff I have ever worked with as a traveler 08/08/2014 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was slum. Housing was located in city of Moreno Valley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I was placed in the worst slum because I had a dog with me. I was very greatful for my german shepherd because she was excellent protection the 2 times I almost got mugged. The muggers ran like little babies when they saw my dog
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. The fellow staff are welcoming to travelers....and there are lots of travelers. Just know one thing. If you are hired as an ICU traveler...or an ICU float.....you are actually being hired as a float nurse. You will spend most all of your shifts on the tele floor, or on CVU or PCU with no tech. The hospital is full of travelers hired as ICU floats that have never worked a single shift in the ICU. 08/01/2014 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was my own. Housing was located in city of Corona. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. None. I have my own place.
Click here for advertising info