Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: South Lake Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.7||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.7||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.2||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||4||4.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.5||5.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.7||5.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||4||5.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.7||5.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.3||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.8||2.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.7||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.2||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.2||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.8||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.8||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3||3.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||72.8(6)||75.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. I worked here. Manager is like a high school child. Its like she never took a masters leadership class. She has staff spy on employees. There's leads in each specialty. Some work some sit around or walk in a big circle for 10hrs straight. Its ridiculous. If ur black you want like it here too much. Preop is EFFICIENT!! They do their jobs well. And they are real nice unless you take a pt without report.PACU is entirely too small.PLENTY TO DO IN CLERMONT. Orlando is not too far.downtown Orlando is a party and it is 30-40min away. Disney is 1hr+ away w traffic 09/26/2018 Housing was approximately 5miles mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Home. Housing was located in city of Orlando. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Expensive apt in ocoee
- I worked in the PCU department(s) in the hospital. I was hired for PCU and told I may occasionally have to float. Then I actually got there and was told that the PCU travelers are their float pool. I worked in PCU twice in 12 weeks. As other travelers have stated, the ICU is a bit clicky but I got lucky and the right people liked me so I actually preferred to work there. My issue came when they sent one tech and myself to take ER holds in cath lab. We didn't know where anything was, how to run their equipment or who to call for help. The supervisor pretty much blew me off and left me desperately calling the few people I knew asking if they knew how to run anything down there. I will say that the hospitalists are awesome! They're easily accessible and more than willing to listen to nurses concerns. The last portion of my review is on the staffing "department". It is one woman who is the least helpful, most grumpy woman I have ever encountered. For the first two months of my assignment I didn't have a full weekend off. They would put me on Friday/Sunday or Friday/Saturday/ Monday. I approached the staffing lady, explaining that I didn't have any weekends off. I was informed "well you have Sunday off". She then told me that I had 4 weekend days off a month, acknowledged they were all on separate weekends, and since I was a traveler that's all she had to do. I was livid! I didn't make sure my contract said alternating weekends for nothing. My recruiter called and she was rude to him, so he called back with his boss. It took all of that for me to get my last month there to have a weekend off. After all of that, they still tried to offer me two different positions. I couldn't get away fast enough. 05/04/2016 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Found my own housing. Housing was located in city of Orlando . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the PCU/MS/ER HOLD department(s) in the hospital. Ratios are cake-staff and management toward travelers is terrible. Was told by new manager that she is there to "run this like a business" and they did not want travelers. Manager even said to tell other travelers this is not a travel friendly place. Most staff won't even speak to you. ICC was the best unit overall but not the best one I've worked in. ICU is very very cliquey. Scheduler not friendly in the least. 05/03/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Days Inn. Housing was located in city of Clermont. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Days Inn on hwy27 offers travel nurse rate. 65.00/night
- I worked in the ICC department(s) in the hospital. This is the best hospital to work in for nurses! Ratios are comfortable. There is always someone available to help - CNAs are great and plentiful. ICU nurse circulates throughout to help - takes info on any problem patients you may have so she can be instantly available. Charge nurse always offering to help you. Everyone is friendly and wants you to succeed. Charting area spacious. Management willing to schedule you to meet your needs. Hospitalist available in person and via robot for assessment and concerns. Out in the country but 20 miles from Orlando and about an hour to the Gulf. 01/31/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was not applicable. Housing was located in city of commuted. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I drove back and forth.
- I worked in the PCU department(s) in the hospital. The staff is anti traveler and any thing that goes wrong - they will lump all travelers together - example someone messed up a heparin drip. All travelers were blamed and are no longer allowed to do any drips. Some of the staff will not speak to travelers unless they need something from you while others are very nice and treat you fine. I understand from a fellow traveler that the clinical decisions unit is even worse than PCU. There is also a CNA on PCU that will yell at you in front of patients - she does this to everyone, but the behavior is allowed. She yelled at me from out of a patient room for getting a chux from the store room on the south side because the north was out. I should wait until they stocked it. She has yelled at me so much I just looked at her and kept walking. Had one nurse during orientation refuse to orient me and one secretary who will not speak to a traveler unless she needs something from them. Loads of fun when those 3 work together and you are number 4 - but they do it to all travelers. The Doctors however, are among the nicest group of docs I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Competent and pleasant, attentive to the patients and their needs. You can call them anytime with anything and they are great. And housekeepers are very nice, as well as case management - great to work with and friendly. So its a real mixed bag here. Oh and scheduling, travelers are for filler, if you have requests, have it written in your contract, several weeks I am scheduled every other day, I have worked every Friday for the last 2 months and they will frequently work you saturday with sunday off - I have never gotten friday,sat and sunday off. 12/14/2014 The name of the housing complex was none. Housing was located in city of home. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I live 39 miles from this hospital and so chose to stay at home and take the lesser pay - no tax advantage here. Made the crappy time even worse.
- I worked in the PCU/Med-Surg/Ortho department(s) in the hospital. Unbelievably great hospital. PCU ratio is 4:1 days and nights, 5:1 on med/surg and ortho. everything is computerized. charting is simple, the electronic MAR could be a little quicker for med passes but it still isn't too bad. I was surprised at how friendly the doctors were. Even the doctors others said were mean really weren't too bad...they just weren't as outgoing as all the rest. Cafeteria is great, hospital is great, staff is great. Located in Clermont, fl...it has beautiful rolling hills with a lot of small lakes. I'll be signing several contracts here in the next few years. Its a great place to work. 06/13/2014 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rolling Ridge. Housing was located in city of clermont. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. We travel in an RV, this is a great RV park if that's your style.
Click here for advertising info