Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Forsyth Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.6||3.5|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.1||2.5|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.7||3.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8||3.5|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.7||3.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.5||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2||3.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.2||2.5|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.8||3.5|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3||3.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.3||3.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.9||4.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.7||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.7||3.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.2||2.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.1||2.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.1||2.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.2||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.2||3.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||54.7(12)||63.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Neuro ICU department(s) in the hospital. Great facility. Very welcoming and helpful to travelers. My unit in particular was fabulous. I enjoyed the staff and the patients and even all of the physicians. Of course there is always "that one" doctor that is just miserable in his life. Nursing staff is team oriented and has no problems showing you in the right direction. 10/21/2019 Housing was approximately 28 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Midway Campground. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I RV and there are plenty of parks around the area within 30 minute driving distance.
- I worked in the Med surg tele department(s) in the hospital. You get floated before staff. Small town which means nothing to do.No chance of advancing your skills. You see unnecessary management which is a waste of money. 03/19/2019 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Na. Housing was located in city of Winston-Salem . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Choose to find your own housing.
- I worked in the Neuro Tele department(s) in the hospital. Very catty place to work. A lot of my coworker were great but management is spiteful and vindictive. They load travelers with maximum patient load and terrible scheduling. If you complain about it for the sake of patient safety your assignments and scheduling will worsen. If you continue to bring it up they will terminate you. This hospital in particular made multiple false claims to my agency as a basis for termination. While at the same time targeting other travelers who got blackballed in the system. The unit itself mentioned repeatedly about low census and how the unit wasnít making money for the hospital, which leads me to believe theyíre more concerned with money than anything else. I was never written up or spoken to about the issues they claim they had. (Complaints were irrational and contradictory.) Donít go to this hospital. It doesnít pay anywhere near enough for the stress youíll have. 08/23/2018 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private rental. Housing was located in city of Winston-Salem. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Housing was good. Rented an affordable fully furnished duplex from a website. Was ok except no ac in the bedroom and there are a lot of spiders. (Itís a very wet town to live in. Almost subtropical.) Good location.
- I worked in the Emergency Department department(s) in the hospital. The ED is staffed with 80% new graduate nurses that did not have an adequate orientation. Many drug errors are made and not reported. They place patients in hallways and it feels more like assembly line production than healthcare. 02/08/2018 Housing was approximately 1-20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was many to choose from. Housing was located in city of Winston Salem. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I recommend finding your own housing. There are many areas and complex that are filled with college students due to the many universities and area colleges.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. This is a tough assignment. Very high acuity and high rations of patients to nurse. Half of the staff are travelers and the rest have been a nurse for less than two years (and these are the charge nurses!) Everyone was friendly and I had no issues with the staff. The assignment paid well, but you definitely earned your money. They do team nursing so you and your partner could have up to 12-13 patients-and very high acuity! No traumas here as a trauma center is 3 miles away but LOTS of CVA's. 09/16/2017 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Didn't use any. Housing was located in city of n/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I commuted.
- I worked in the Neuro ICU department(s) in the hospital. I love the Winston Salem Area. It is deceptive in looking like a larger town/city than what it actually is. The patients aren't as critical as I am used to and they certainly don't give travelers "sick" patients. I feel like I could potentially lose some of my skills if I stayed for an extended period of time.
Winston Salem is a pretty safe place with great places to eat if you're a "foodie." A couple great local breweries and easy access to the mountains and ocean (just a few hours either direction). 03/30/2017 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Wendover Axcess. Housing was located in city of Greensboro. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Average apartment. Safe and friendly staff. Easy to get to I-40 to the hospital in no time.
- I worked in the med/surg department(s) in the hospital. staff is unfriendly towards travelers. lots of backstabbing very cliquish. they will make travelers feel left out and not assist. housing was 2 miles from hospital after moving. first one was half hour away and was nasty. 03/03/2017 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was esxtended stay. Housing was located in city of winston salem. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. management of hotel is not very accomodating. told them I could not walk up and down stairs. she said she did not have pet rooms on first floor but was plenty of people on first floor staying months who had pets.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Having grown up in the New Jersey I was accustomed to Diversity in the workplace. I was very surprised at the gross lack of cultural competency and Diversity at this facility. Many of the nursing staff are related to Management Staff. It's either kiss a$$ or kiss off. This ED is extremely cliquish. Many of the nurses here are petty and back stabbers. I also was not accustomed to Managers in positions who did not have their credentials ( Directors and Managers who only hold a 2 year degree ).. this facility does not promote excellence and does not encourage continued education among their own full time staff. Nurse Techs are allowed to practice outside of their scope and when questioned become defensive and spiteful.
Latino and African American nurses are almost nonexistent in this ED. I truly question the morality of hiring Director and Managers.
I will say their charting system current and is wonderful.
I could not wait until my assignment was over. As an Italian American and Diversity is important to me. It encompasses nursing in its totality.
Much of their staff are rude and hate their jobs and will overload Travelers with a heavy acuity especially if you are a person of color. Prejudice issues among many of the white nurses is obvious.. I have heard terrible comments about patients who are people of color. When I took my concerns to a Manager.... my concerns were ignored and my patient acuity level worsened. There seems to be a " hierarchy" common racial theme at this facility and within the South in general.
STAY AWAY FROM FORSYTH . The Director is a joke reminds me of Jethro ( mentality wise) on the Beverly Hillbillies except Jethro is nicer 02/22/2017 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AirBnB. Housing was located in city of Highpoint. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing. The owners were very attentive.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. 05/16/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Stratford hillcrest. Housing was located in city of Winston Salem. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Walls were really thin you can hear everything. Ridiculous fees were charged including $350 just to allow pets and no credited as a deposit.
- I worked in the emergency department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the ED. Nicest staff I have worked with thus far in travel nursing. Very helpful and friendly. I was very satisfied with my assignment here. :) 10/12/2014 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Stafford Place. Housing was located in city of Winston-Salem. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I subleased. Very nice complex and brand new.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. The ER staff are very cliquish! I am a BSN RN with over 10 yrs experience with Level 1 Trauma Experience. I was treated horribly by the young 20 something staff! The CSMs were not any better ! The ER's director has several family members working in the department... Which us against
hospital policy. As a matter of fact, many if the CSMs were given positions that according to the Job descriptions should be held by BSN or higher! Don't voice concerns because you never know if the Supv is related to the situation you are voicing about. Nurse Techs (CNAs) discharged my patient workout my knowledge and them I was blackballed for not writing the discharge note.. Later found out the Tech I complained about was the Supv mother .... Stay away from this place! This ER breaks every moral, ethical, and professional rule! I was given a SANE patient and NO one ... Not eve the charge nurse could tell me their protocol!!! It was awful! I also voiced concern about that also... Once again I was blackballed because the CN just happened to be the Director's niece! You can't win here! 09/27/2014 Housing was approximately 3.2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Stratford at hillcrest town center. Housing was located in city of Winston Salem . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Apartment staff are Fantastic! Clean and local police officers also reside theere... Also local Food Lion , Sheetz, and Subway within. Walking distance! Great fitness center on site
- I worked in the Float pool department(s) in the hospital. 05/29/2014 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Minor manor. Housing was located in city of Winston Salem . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2.
Click here for advertising info