Travel Nursing Agency
Ranking Results Each ranking is averaged and updated
on a continual basis. The highest score for an agency is 100.
Go back to
travel nursing agency rankings.
Click here to view a list of
over 300 agencies and their contact information.
Travel Nursing Company Review of: Host Healthcare
(within 1 year)
|5. Pay rate||4.4||4.4|
|6. Paycheck accuracy||4.7||4.9|
|10. Assignment selection available||4.5||4.6|
|12. Insurance plan||4.6||4.6|
|18. Paycheck arrival time||4.8||4.9|
|19. Chances you will recommend this agency||4.7||4.9|
|20. Chances you will work with them again||4.7||4.9|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||93.8(119)||95.9(67)|
Return to top of page
- I worked with Sky through Host Healthcare for more than a year. I found him very friendly and knowledgeable, and most importantly, efficient in finding assignments that he thought would fit my needs. 01/16/2019
- I want to thank my recruiter, Sky Woroszylo, for everything he has promised. I always wait to review anyone until I have worked with them for some time. He has far exceeded my expectations as a recruiter and has repeated fulfilled what he has said he would do. Thank you Sky! 01/04/2019
- I want to thank my recruiter, Sky Woroszylo, for everything he has promised. I always wait to review anyone until I have worked with them for some time. He has far exceeded my expectations as a recruiter and has repeated fulfilled what he has said he would do. Thank you Sky! 01/04/2019
- My experience with host healthcare has been really good! From my first assignment to my current. Recruiter Erin Sills has been supportive and helpful through my learning process of the business. They have been prompt in helping me with questions and resolutions to any issues that I have had in my travels. 01/04/2019
- Caitlin Pullen has been great to work with. 12/31/2018
- My recruiter Caitlin Pullen took the time to explain every aspect of travel nursing as it is my first assignment. She prepared me for the interviews and advised me of what to expect. She found both me and my boyfriend an assignment in the same facility as asked and I would recommend her to new travelers as she helped answer a lot of my questions!She is available anytime I need her and always keeps in touch! 12/31/2018
- Caitlin Pullin has been a great recruiter! She has worked hard to find me an assignment that I wanted, and found many other job interviews all over the west side of the country. There are plenty of jobs in the areas I want to visit, which is another reason to choose Host Healthcare 12/31/2018
- Host Healthcare has been very helpful throughout the whole process and always there when I have a question. Caitlin Pullen is the BEST recruiter EVER! 12/31/2018
- Not very responsive after my initial week. I took a huge pay cut d/t hospital supplying housing but then when I got there the housing was a dump and agency said that I had to accept it. 12/31/2018
- This is my first travel assignment and it has been wonderful! The whole Host team is very efficient and supportive! Kayana, my recruiter, has made this transition so easy and smooth! I will definitely rely continue to work with them!! 12/29/2018
- Honest and transparent, pleasure to work with. 12/27/2018
- Thorough and efficient, hard working and dedicated company and agents. 12/27/2018
- Hunter Hopkins from Host is amazing! He really goes above and beyond for his travelers! I canít recommend what a wonderful job heís done for me enough. Pick Hunter! 12/26/2018
- I am thrilled with how wonderful my recruiter Kaylan was when finding my travel assignment! She paid specific attention to all my assignment needs regarding pay, location, etc. 12/24/2018
- Sky W is my recruiter and is amazing. He always finds the job that fits my needs. Couldn't be happier with him or host healthcare. 12/23/2018
- My recruiter Sky Woroszylo is extremely helpful and hardworking while helping me find an assignment for my first travel position. 12/19/2018
- My experience with Host Healthcare has been great so far! I canít recommend my recruiter, Sky, enough! He will go above and beyond for you and work tirelessly to find the assignment you want. Iím looking forward to my next assignment with Sky and Host Healthcare :) 12/19/2018
- Just started traveling with this Agency. Caitlin P. has been a great agent and resource so far. She has gone the extra mile to make sure I got an assignment I wanted and has stayed in touch with me. Would recommend! 12/13/2018
- Erin Sills at Host health has been my recruiter for one year. She is dynamic, detail oriented, thorough and best of all always gets back to me at once for any questions I have. She is assertive in seeking me job assignments and never bothered when I reach out to her for possible positions. I have referred her to many travel RNs. I would never go with another recruiter besides her and the outstanding team at Host Health 12/12/2018
- Great company and recruiter!! Awesome experience! 12/07/2018
- Great company and recruiter! 12/07/2018
- Working with Erin on my first travel contract was a blast. Iíll definitly be using her again. She worked with me as a first time traveler with little experience ( less than 2 years which most travel companies/jobs want) and got me a contract in just a few days. She replies to emails, txts, questions so quickly and is very kind, helpful. 12/06/2018
- This is my first assignment with Host. I followed my recruiter to this company. Been a good experience so far. 12/05/2018
- I loved working with host healthcare! They were so encouraging and positive. This was my first time traveling and I loved how they took care of me. I have nothing else to say except they are awesome. 11/27/2018
- My recruiter Caitlin Pullen is awesome! Great experience with host health care, they got me the exact assignment I wanted. Every staff member Iíve dealt with has been great and easy to work with, would definitely recommend! 11/21/2018
Sky Woroszylo is a great recruiter. I told him exactly what I wanted and by when and he made the turn around quick. After working with another agent from a different company for about 2 months I realized that things were not moving quickly enough for me and my recruiter at the other company wasn't providing results. Sky told me to trust him and sure enough he found me the perfect assignment in the city I wanted to live in. Highly recommend him as he works around the clock to provide results. 11/12/2018
- Host is the best travel nursing agency out there because of transparent recruiter Sky Woroszylo!!! Because if Sky my Alaskan dream contract came true! 11/07/2018
- I would highly recommend Host. Although they are a smaller company, they have a smaller amount of options, I was still able to get multiple offers for a first assignment to choose from. The benefits of this company was a huge factor for me, the insurance for most companies ends 7 days after an assignment, the insurance they offer is good for 30 days after an assignment which is great if you want to take time off for a vacation or to go home. Kayana was a great recruiter and has walked me through everything as a traveler and has been upfront and honest about what to expect. 11/03/2018
- I can't say enough about how great Caitlyn Pullin with Host Healthcare has been!From the moment I called her, she began working to get me an assignment. She had a position secured for me within a few weeks. I have been thrilled! She is kind, warm, professional and prompt. If you are looking for professional, courteous, and prompt help getting a travel assignment, look no further! 10/31/2018
- Justin Terlaga is the most supportive and genuinely kind and caring recruiter I have ever worked with. I would recommend him highly to anyone who is a new traveler starting out who needs extra assistance with learning about the travel nursing process. 10/30/2018
- HOST is an amazing Travel agency. I never feel as if I need another company or recruiter. My recruiter, Kristie Ernau goes above and beyond. I never have to worry about anything. She always makes sure my assignments are top notch and I will have my hours. She is always available and prompt with my concerns or needs. Kristi has my back and has become a very good friend to me.I am so blessed to have found HOST, Kristie, and coordinator Christy Nailling .Life is so good because of this combination. Thank you Kristie for always having faith in me. You literally are the best. 10/27/2018
- Everyone at Host Healthcare have been helpful. Justin and Aubryann are the most helpful and caring people. 10/27/2018
- They helped tremendously make a rough transition smoothe. 10/26/2018
- Travel nursing is new to me. I was stressing when I started but my agent Michael made the process easy. Would recommend host or Michael to anyone. 10/26/2018
- Caitlin Pullen has been phenomenal in helping me find my first travel assignment. Sheís been very informative, honest, approachable, knowledgable, and friendly. Caitlin has a great personality and infectious laugh. She has made my first assignment great and I look forward to working with her in the future! 10/26/2018
- Great company to work for. Caitlin Osborne is the best recruiter ever. 10/25/2018
- This is first experience as a travel nurse and I'm very grateful for my recruiter Justin at Host Healthcare who has made the whole process an easy and smooth experience. Justin checks in with me, answers my questions and always gets back to me in a timely manner. I've had nothing but a great experience with both him and Host healthcare and would recommend them both to others. 10/25/2018
- Kayana form Host Healthcare has been incredible to work with. She asked me what I wanted and needed from a contact and then found several for me to choose from. The initial paperwork and orientation is cumbersome, but Lauryn and Kayana kept me updated on my progress and actively encouraged me to keep going to get it done. I am excited to be with this company. 10/12/2018
- I've been doing travel nursing for 4 years and have worked with 3 different agencies.. I should say Host Healthcare is the best agency of the 3. My recruiter Sky Woroszylo has been awesome and incredible since the initial contact . Sky is very down-to-earth and makes me feel at ease. He follows up on me all the time. He stays on top of everything, always making sure I'm prepared for interviews. I'm truly grateful for his perseverance in finding me a position and it doesn't take me long to get a job offer....He also makes himself available at all times . I have no hesitation in recommending Sky .Thank you again, Sky!! 10/10/2018
- Sky is great! Before this assignment I was working with 6 different companies he was the only one that contacted me every day (for almost 2 months) to update me on jobs. I really have felt like he is working hard to get me placed in a good assignment. He answers all of my questions and is so easy to work with it 10/09/2018
- Great company to work for, Kaylan Duffy is a great recruiter. I always took housing stipend, but loved working with this company! 09/25/2018
- I always took the housing stipend so I never experienced what they would set me up with, but everything else within the company has been great! Kaylan Duffy is a fabulous recruiter! 09/25/2018
- Although I have successfully extended at 2 different hospitals, I have never received an increase in pay, bonus or incentives.
When compared to my Travel RN peers, EVERYTIME, I was paid substantially less.
Early on, I referred a friend and was promised a $1,000 bonus but when I extended my contract, my new pay rate was exactly $1,000 less than my previous contract over the 12 weeks. I was told that the hospital wasnít increasing their rates altrhough, again, my peerís rates were increased.
When I spoke with a manager at Host, he patronized my resume and bragged about his ďnew house & new truckĒ. Even the management here is unprofessional.
AVOID this company at all costs. This company does not advocate for its travelers, it only cares about profit.
I will not be taking another contract with Host Healthcare. Please heed my warning. 09/25/2018
- Kaylan Duffy has been my recruiter for almost 3yrs although I have not been her traveler for that long, but we have kept in touch the entire time. I fell upon Host, while on assignment with another company, by looking into what was a very highly rated agency amongst a list I found online. Kaylan gave me a little insight on how my recruiter, at the time, was pocketing money. I have also had a bad experience with another agency.
Long story short, there have not been any bad experiences with Host. Kaylan has always gone out of her way for me and she understands me, which Iím sure has been tough for her at times. Iím either very particular about things or in a tight spot, which makes things challenging. Any issues I have had have been addressed immediately, so credit is definitely deserved. I have referred several nurses to Kaylan and they have been very happy. 09/20/2018
- I'm a first-time traveler, and my experience with Caitlin Pullen @ Host Healthcare has been nothing short of fantastic! Caitlin has been there with me every step of the way, walking me through everything I should expect, and helping me understand the ins and outs of traveling. She worked with me to find the ideal assignment and has been very resourceful when I've had questions. She stayed in contact with me regularly throughout the entire process. I will most definitely be using Host Healthcare on future assignments and recommend other travelers to contact Caitlin for their recruitment needs! 09/20/2018
- Only on my first assignment with this company but Erin Sills is truly an asset to them! She was able to get me to California like a wanted and when that was canceled last minute, turned around and got me a contract in my other desired location, Reno, within a matter of 4-5 days! She considers your interests and what jobs best fit your skill set on submission. Since starting, sheís always been available to me with any questions or concerns through this assignment thus far. Lucky to come a great recruiter and company! 09/20/2018
- I am about to begin my first assignment as a travel nurse and signed up with Host through a friend's recommendation and because they seem to be a very reputable company. My recruiter is Alex Crisler. I felt comfortable with Alex after the first minute speaking with him. He was enthusiastic, genuine, and very accommodating knowing that this was my first travel assignment and that I had specific interests. He kept my personal interests in mind and did not try to just throw random suggestions my way. For example, if he knew a contract was well below my requested pay rate, he wouldn't bother. Or if he suggested a certain area that I didn't mention interest in, he would be ready with information to justify why I should consider it. I appreciated this kind of individualized service. He was also considerate of the fact that I am on Hawaii Standard Time and only contacted me during appropriate hours. Alex was aggressive with pushing my profile through to hospitals I was more interested in. He checks in on me frequently and offers to help with anything he can. As a newbie traveler I had a lot of paperwork/requirements to fulfill and the staff at Host, particularly Aubreyann Veyveris was instrumental in making sure that I hit all the requirements on time. Overall, I'm very excited to be working with this company on my first travel contract and anticipate more great things to come.
- I have been more than pleased with Host Healthcare as a company. They have many job selections with competitive rates while also treating you like an individual rather than a number. 09/20/2018
- When I decided to become a travel nurse, I was getting flooded with phone calls every day. My recruiter Caitlin stuck out right away, taking the time to explain travel nursing to me and we stayed on the phone for 45 minutes. She was fast in getting me set up with everything I needed, and was reliable. I could always count on her to keep in touch with me and check in with me when she said she was going to. I am excited to start my first assignment with Host Healthcare! 09/20/2018
- Kaylan Duffy is the greatest! She always goes the extra mile to make sure I'm happy and getting the best options and pay she can! 09/19/2018
- Caitlyn Pullen is an amazing, dedicated recruiter and was determined to help me find assignments that fit my needs. There was an easy, open line of communication with her and she touched base with me frequently which definitely made me feel comfortable with my transition into travel nursing. 09/19/2018
- Caitlin Pullen has been a great recruiter. She has always found me a job with a few days of looking. She is always available for any questions I have and responds in a timely manner. 09/19/2018
- Recruiter Hunter H. is amazing! He was extremely dedicated to answering all my questions and to helping me find my next assignment. I am super grateful for all of his support and attentiveness during my time with this agency. 09/04/2018
- I will say that my rep Caitlin assisted me even when she was at home sick. 08/22/2018
- Caitlin Pullen is a great recruiter! And Host is an excellent company! I worked with them before, and came back to them because they are honest, personal, and work to get me the best assignments/pay! I've never used them for housing, so went middle-of-the-road on that. They need an "n/a" choice on this survey! 08/15/2018
- I've been a travel nurse for 3 years and have worked with 4 different companies. I am currently on my second assignment with Host and absolutely LOVE this company! They have the right balance between having the jobs/resources of the largest companies and the personal touch and customer-service of a smaller company. My recruiter is fantastic and always TRANSPARENT about what is available and what can be offered. I do not feel like my recruiter and the company are holding back information that is not disclosed to the travelers. I intend on staying with Host until I decide to settle down with a perm job. 08/11/2018
- This agency and particularly my recruiter Sky has worked tirelessly to get me in a contract. He was able to get me where I wanted to be at a pay rate that met my needs. Sky is always pleasant to speak with and follows up on everything. The departments managing the credentialing leading up to an assignment are accessible and equally pleasant to speak with. I can honestly say I have nothing bad to say about this agency and this recruiter. 07/31/2018
- I've been with Host Healthcare for a little less than a year now as a traveling nurse and my transition to traveling wouldn't have gone so well if it wasn't for my recruiter Sky. He works exceptionally hard to find the right fit for his employees. One of my things that I appreciate the most about Sky is how reachable, professional, and dependable he is. He has gone above and beyond no matter what issue I may come across. You can honestly tell he is passionate about what he does. He has made my traveling experience smooth and enjoyable! 07/26/2018
- Host is a great company to work for but we all know that its the recruiter that really makes a travel assignment great, right? I have worked with two different travel companies over the last three years. I am completing my second assignment with Sky Woroszlo. He is hardworking, honest, straight forward and trust worthy. I can approach him with problem at work and he tells it like it is and guides me along this journey with integrity and knowledge. I work with Host because of Sky, he is a senior recruiter and is very open when it comes to sharing his wisdom about stressors at work or future travel assignments. I know when I complete my assignment he will be busy finding me another great place to work and adventure. Thank you for being the best!! 07/26/2018
- Skye is amazing! He has always made himself available, been supportive, and answered countless questions.He is very knowledgeable about how ďthe systemĒ works and is very proactive with his suggestions and timely advice. I know he works hard for me and each of the nurses he represents to get a great assignment and to have the best experience possible. 07/24/2018
- Sky W. is my recruiter and he is exceptional. I am on my second assignment with him and entering my 3rd year as a travel nurse. I had an issue with my last facility and he listened and gave me excellent advice regarding the matter. I have family that also travels with Sky as their recruiter and both of us are very happy with him and the company that stands behind him. Thank you Sky for exceeding our expectations. 06/19/2018
- Traveled with Host on and off for over a year. Kaylan Duffy was a pleasure to work with. She is a fabulous recruiter.... always helpful, thoroughly explains everything, quickly responds, always accessible and keeps in touch throughout process, contract and beyond!! Highly recommend traveling with Host and with Kaylan!!! 05/23/2018
- I have been traveling with this company for 2 years and it had been great. My recruiter Kaylan Duffy has been amazing she has gone out of her way more than once to help me. She makes sure I have everything I need before an assignment even reaching out personally to help me find housing. I recommend her and my company to anyone who asks. 05/18/2018
- Host Healthcare is a family and they treat their travelers like that. Kaylan Duffy is an excellent recruiter who listens and responds to the needs of all her travelers. Kaylan is honest and hard working to get you the assignment you want. I have excellent praise for Host Healthcare and Kaylan Duffy 05/18/2018
- My recruiter Kaylan Duffy is amazing! Very upfront and honest and always willing to go the extra mile to find what your looking for! 05/18/2018
- I am a first time traveler,placed a search for traveling and behold about 50 choices were in front of me. I spoke to Micheal he gave me the confidence and reassured me I could do this. He was very helpful and patient having tons of questions and to say the least not savy on the computer
currently On my 2nd assignment for Host Healthcare 04/19/2018
- Host Healthcare and my recruiter, Michael Kaplan, have been awesome to work with. Mike is trustworthy, savvy and knows his stuff! He takes very good care of me! I know my travel nursing career is in very good hands with this duo! 04/18/2018
- I love hosthealth care. They are very efficient and friendly. Sarah got me my first travel contract and Iím very excited. 12/21/2017
- I chose Host because of a long meaningful conversation about travel nursing with their recruiter named Sky Woroszylo. Ever since then he has had my back! Sky is transparent and honest, plus he works hard to make your dream travel assignments come true! 12/16/2017
- Love my recruiter! Dara works hard for me, does a great job and always has top paying positions. From my experience, the companies are all the same but it really comes down to finding a good recruiter. If you're considering Host, I'd strongly recommend requesting Dara Majdi and you'll be happy you did! 11/29/2017
- I traveled with Host for multiple assignments and loved my recruiter. After they left, I was assigned to a different recruiter and thatís when everything went down hill. Honesty was out the window, my paycheck was nickel and dimed, slow response times, and the personal care I found with my first recruiter didnít exist anymore. Iíve since switched companies and have discovered that Host is quite limited with the number of hospitals they work with. Iím much happier in my career and will continue to stay away. 11/25/2017
- Skye is loyal, knowledgable and honest. 11/08/2017
- This is my first experience as a travel nurse, and i can't imagine working with better people. My recruiter Sky W. has been helpful beyond words. He is efficient and professional and has bent over backwards to accommodate me. In this hectic world of nursing, i feel that i have found not only a great recruiter, but also a friend. 11/06/2017
- Why did I switch travel agencies? Like many of you I get inundated with phone calls, text messages and emails daily from agencies that I ignore. I was happy and not looking to change agencies. Then I happened to speak to Amanda Anguiano, Healthcare Recruiter with Host Health and everything changed. Over the phone she made me feel like she cared about me and what I wanted to do. She spent the time to explain why what Host Healthcare had to offer was a better fit for me. She made me feel like family and I made the jump. She works with me and my schedule and never under delivers. I now consider her both my agent and family. Take the Leap of Faith. 11/06/2017
- My recruiter Nicole Blowe is always available or makes sure that someone else is. She checks on me routinely to see how things are going. If there has been a discrepancy on my pay, she has it resolved by the next paycheck. Great to work with! 11/05/2017
- Host has always been able to put me where I want to be with the best pay package in the industry compared to their competitors. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Kaylan Duffy is up front, honest and dependable 11/04/2017
- Great agency will definitely recommend 11/03/2017
- Wonderful, professional company! 11/03/2017
- Erin is a great recruiter. Very knowledgeable and always responds quickly and efficiently. Great experience so far. 11/03/2017
- I have been working with Host Healthcare for 3 assignments now. I was initially suggested to look at Host through a friend, but I had no idea how great my experience would be. My recruiter, Brigitte, is more than fantastic. She exceeds all my expectations every time I'm looking for an assignment. She is so great about communication; I never have to wait more than a few hours for a response and she always calls back immediately. I would highly recommend Host and highly recommend Brigitte. 11/03/2017
- My recruiter Brendan Haire is absolutely amazing! He has worked with me every step of the way. This company really works with you to find exactly what you need and want. They also do their best to match any other company. I have nothing but good things to say about my recruiter and this company. 11/03/2017
- Host Healthcare has been great. Despite trouble getting my first assignment, my recruiter worked very hard to finally lock one down! Very knowledgeable and reliable! 11/02/2017
- Iíve had an excellent experience with Host, my take home pay is consistently higher than other travelers I talk to. My recruiter is honest and readily available should I have questions. 10/21/2017
- I am glad I found Host Healthcare. Their benefits are top notch and the assignment selection is great not to mention I really LOVE my recruiter SKY!! He has always been there for me day, night, even weekends,when I would call with questions or a need. Even when I called to leave a VM and I would tell him it can wait until Monday, he would call or text just to let me know he was on top of the situation. He always had my back and provided a lot of support when I needed it. 10/19/2017
- I have been working with Kaylan Duffy, she's very knowledgeable about everything and will know when she needs to reach other resources to get the answers to your questions. They pay very special attention to the tax legal system, which can be very grey area when it comes to travelers and pay. 10/18/2017
- My recruiter, Bridgette Reidel is the most wonderful and caring recruiter I have ever had. She is my advocate, and my friend. No matter what my needs are, she has always gone above and beyond, and I feel very blessed to have her. If you've ever had a recruiter that was "just average", having Bridgette is like having a guardian angel! I always tell my fellow travelers how she treats me, and they just can't believe how closely we work together! I can honestly say that my recruiter is the best I have ever met. Thank you Bridgette for your love and support! 09/23/2017
- First of all, this company will not send pay packages unless you first complete an application and they have verified your references. This wastes my time and theirs if you choose not to take an assignment with them. Also, I will request pay packages for different hospitals in an area, however I will not receive back information for days to a week. When I try to follow up a few days later, I only get apologies and empty promises that they will be sent at a certain time, but then I wonít get pay packages until days or a week later after that.
This company also has very limited contracts so there is not much to choose from. I would rather work with another company that has greater availability and follows-up with their promises at an appropriate time.
- I was surprised by all of the good reviews. This was the worst experience ever. Tell you what you want to hear and give you misinformation. Rude and not always honest.I will definitely not be using them again and I would never recommend them to any other travel nurse. 08/29/2017
- This company was the first I used for my very first travel assignment. Couldn't have asked for a better agency/recruiter (Barry) to work with. Only reason I switched was for available positions in the destination I wanted, but I plan to go back. 05/23/2017
- Host healthcare is like a positive UA without antibiotics. Cloudy, stinky, and doomed for urosepsis. There is nothing transparent about this company. Run away. 04/28/2017
- Host WILL get you where you want to go. Very professional. 04/28/2017
- I'm honestly a bit surprised by all of the amazing reviews for this agency. I've worked two assignments with them, and would give them a mediocre rating. I wouldn't recommend them, though they certainly rank higher than many of the horror stories I've heard from other travelers' experiences with different agencies.
The good: My recruiter is very personable, honest, kind, and easy to reach. I'm confident I could reach him quickly in an urgent situation.
The not so good: I honestly feel bad most of the time I have to contact my recruiter because he always seems super busy and over worked. I consider myself a pretty low maintenance travel nurse to work with, but I feel like a second tier citizen with this company and my recruiter. If I send an email to my recruiter that's longer than a few sentences, sometimes I'm lucky to ever hear anything back. I receive no recognition whatsoever, except the occasional impersonal spam company email. You check out their Facebook page, and it's cute to see how they shower their office staff with appreciation. Yet as a traveler, I have never felt like a team member, nor even close to being a valued employee of this company. It's a bit unfortunate really.
My first paycheck was a few weeks late because the company messed up my direct deposit. If you establish time off in your contract, and still work full time hours during that work, the company may try to deduct your stipends for "not working your full hours."
When comparing pay packages between Host Healthcare and a few other companies, Host's is ALWAYS the lowest by a significant amount- sometimes about $100/wk. And that's also after factoring in their poor insurance plans.
Summary: Staff is professional, kind, and personable. If I ever had a real problem, I'm relatively confident they would hopefully stick up for me. But if you want to make better money and work with a company that values you, I would suggest you look elsewhere as I have. 04/22/2017
- Host healthcare has to be the best travel agency ever especially for new travel nurses or therapist. They are very very generous with any cost needed for an assignment plus when things become due during the assignment. Once I had a rough time with an assignment in CA and when I visited the Host office, the whole office stood up and applauded for me making me feel like a special famous person. It was wonderful. Host Healthcare pays good wages and the insurance is flexible and good. Miranda M is so young but is absolutely the most mature of anyone much older. -smile. She is so experienced with Psychosocial, emotional or job-related troubleshooting. Ms. Miranda makes choosing the perfect assignment, perfect location, testing, finding housing stress free. She makes it all fun actually. She, Miranda is the best encourager, comforter. I just don't know how she does it all. She makes me feels so special, like a friend even. Miranda is my cheerleader. I tell her what I want, and everytime I get it. My current assignment in Harbor City is the best one yet. The software is user friendly. Any problem at this company is an easy fix everytime. My co-workers are a group that works together, no fighting, no bickering. I love my patient's. I do case management home health and love the area I'm assigned to. I am very blessed to be working at Host healthcare out of San Diego. 01/03/2017
- I am currently on my first travel assignment and did my fair share of research prior to beginning. I reached out to a variety of agencies and was able to get a feel for how they worked and the differences between them. Right when I was about to settle with one, Miranda, my recruiter from Host Healthcare, reached out and the rest was history.
Miranda instantly made me feel like I was a part of her team, not just an addition to her paycheck. I trusted her from the very start which is something that was lacking in all of my interactions with other companies. She wanted to not only know about my nursing aspirations but about me and what would make travel nursing a worthwhile experience in and out of the hospital.
She worked with my preferences while showing me additional offers she thought may interest me. I never felt pressured into something that didn't suit me. When I did find my current assignment in Portland, she walked me through the interview process and was just as excited as I was when we got the offer from the hospital. She has kept in touch throughout the assignment and will occasionally just send a happy Monday message.
Host Healthcare assignments range from large teaching facilities to rural areas. They offer good benefits and competitive pay that is always on time.
Everyone with Host Healthcare that I have interacted with has been very quick to respond and receptive to my needs. Kenzie was amazingly flexible and did an incredible job setting up my preemployment appointments while I was on a road trip leading up to my Portland assignment.
I truly can not say enough about the team at Host Healthcare and how painless this process was. I would recommend them to anyone and I without a doubt will continue to use them for future placements. 01/01/2017
- Kaylan is a great recruiter to work with. I have not had any issues that she was not able to resolve. She is willing to look for assignments where I want to go. 12/07/2016
- Host Healthcare has been very involved and supportive with my career. They are patient and understanding with your needs. Ask for Kaylan...trust me you cannot go wrong! 12/07/2016
- Kaylan is am amazing recruiter. Always available, answers questions in a timely manner, and is very supportive of my decisions. I would recommend her to any of my co-works/friends interested in traveling. 12/06/2016
- I have had a great experience working with Eliza and Kaylan at Host Health Care. I have recommended this company to several other nurses interested in travel nursing, 1 has gone through Host and has had a great experience as well. Highly recommend working with Host. 11/29/2016
- I had placed my resume on a website to help find the right company for myself. Miranda from Host Healthcare was the first of many to contact me and she treated me like a best friend. I had huge goals for my first assignment and she was the ONLY recruiter to not only take me seriously but helped me find a plan to make my dreams come true without compromising a single thing. She advocated for me and my travel partner on our first contract for things I didn't even realize were important until I became more experienced. She has always looked out for us and spoiled us while on assignment. Our second assignment goals remained ambitious but she went above and beyond to meet our standards and continued to pull through. She has not only facilitated strong job assignments but I can happily call her my friend. Her reliability has been nothing but comforting while so far from home and this is why we will continue to remain with Host Healthcare. 11/08/2016
- I had only been an RN for a year in the busiest ER in central Florida. I was very unhappy with my job and decided to do travel nursing. My heart was set on a specific state I wanted to go to and multuple recruiters from other travel agencies told me that I wasn't going to be able to because of lack of experience. It was down to three different travel companies. I chose Host healthcare because the recruiter was laid back, not so pushy, persistent or desperate, and because she sounded the most confident. She told me she would get me a job where I wanted.. and she did. She also offered me more money than I was hoping for. She soon became not only a recruiter, but a friend and a coworker I can count on. This company has changed my life. They are always so supportive and most importantly, they noticed your good work and reviews from your assignments and COMPENSATE you for it. It is a team effort.. and I wouldn't go with any other company. My recruiter is also the best and I appreciate her so much. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for her believing in me and working with me through every step of the way. 09/16/2016
- Host Healthcare a great company to work for. My benefits are great for my whole family. My paychecks are always on time and my housing is always safe, clean, and well furnished. My recruiter Victoria Rozalski is amazing. She is supportive, knowledgeable, and knows me personally; I'm not just another nurse on the payroll. She does her best to find me the highest paying jobs and best locations. She was also there for me through a tough situation. I have been traveling with Host Healthcare of over a year now and I will continue to do so. 09/14/2016
- Miranda is great! She's very personable and makes it very easy for new travelers. Quick responses when issues may arise. Highly recommend Host healthcare and Miranda Martz! 08/13/2016
- I have been traveling for 6 months using Host Healthcare and love it so far. My travel recruiter is always available, quick to respond to my questions or concerns, goes out of his way to check in on me and always helpful! This is my first time traveling and the experience has been awesome. I would recommend Host Healthcare to anyone interested in traveling! 08/13/2016
- Barry has always been available and is a great recruiter. He works extremely hard to get the best contract possible for you. The company has always been accommodating with my needs. I would highly recommend Barry and Host Healthcare. 06/21/2016
- I would like to commend Barry Ishikawa, my recruiter, for a very good job done. He is very accommodating, understanding, friendly and very knowledgeable of his job. He provided me the hospital and location where i wanted to be. He was so supportive and guided me well through this process since this was my first time as a Traveler Nurse. I would highly recommend Host Healthcare to all inspiring to travel everywhere. 05/20/2016
- Host Healthcare has gone above and beyond to provide me with an amazing travel experience. I really appreciate all the hard work that the staff puts in to make everything work smoothly behind the scenes for me so I can get out and do what I do best as a traveling RN. Not only do they work hard, but they are reliable, honest, and always enthusiastic about all the opportunities and requirements for every position. They truly make it fun 05/17/2016
- Miranda Martz is my recruiter and she has been very professional, easy going, easy to reach, prompt in responding, easy to speak with a well rounded recruiter. I was a bit nervous regarding the new assignment I was given because it involved rotating between 6 different hospitals whenever they are short. I was made to feel at ease by my recruiter and I appreciate that. 03/29/2016
- My recruiter Brendan treats me like a real friend and always gets back to me with whatever it is I am looking for. I really feel like he has my best interest at heart and is not trying to get me into a place that is best for him. He listens to what I have to say about different assignments and gives me good advice from his experience but leaves it totally up for me to decide what I want without any pressure. He is just great. 02/16/2016
- When talking to my recruiter the first time, I felt an immediate connection with him and when explaining my background, he went the extra mile to get me signed on and working immediately. I can call him anytime and my situation will be answered or handled. 02/16/2016
- My recruiter Chad is the best. He is friendly, honest and really listens to what I need. I am so happy I get to work with him. 02/12/2016
- Love Kaylan at Host. She is always available to talk, helps me thru difficult decisions, is very honest and transparent, and realistic. 01/29/2016
- Very accomadating and helpful with Canadiab TN visa. Also, great recruiter that's fast with responses. 01/28/2016
- Love my recruiter Barry Ishikawa! He's been immensely helpful and has gotten me great contracts and ALWAYS makes himself available! 01/16/2016
- I have no complaints about this company.My recruiter Chad made my experience transitioning into travel nursing a good one.Any issues that arose over this year was handled in a timely manner. 12/15/2015
- No regrets with Host Healthcare and my Recruiter Kaylan Duffy! She has been honest, reliable, available, compassionate when struggling. Pay is great and bonus avail, travel pay and always on time! Direct deposit! J would absolutely recommend this Travel company as they are professional. Been traveling with them for close to a year and continue to maintain my relationship with them and Kaylan Duffy recruiter. 11/12/2015
- I've completed two assignments with Host Healthcare in California after working as a travel nurse for a different company for a year. This company really delivers on their promise to provide top service! My recruiter always listened to me and was extremely helpful in finding affordable housing in my area. My pay was always accurate, unlike my last company. What is great about Host Healthcare is that your recruiter is your sole point of contact in the company. After taking a break from traveling I will definitely consider traveling with Host Healthcare again! 02/24/2015
- My first assignment with Host was in Arizona, and my second was in California. Host helped me with the licensure process for California and reimbursed me for my license while I was still on assignment in Arizona.
My recruiter is top notch and this company really cares about its nurses! 10/07/2014
- My recruiter/team are always on top of happenings! He and the entire work team are terrific! Anxious to start my next assignment with them! 07/22/2014
- I just completed an assignment in Las Vegas with Host Healthcare. I was very happy my recruiter! She arranged a hotel for me prior to finding housing at my assignment. She was also able to arrange for an extension of my assignment. I am starting another assignment with Host Healthcare later this month. 05/02/2014
Click here for advertising info