Travel Nursing Agency
Ranking Results Each ranking is averaged and updated
on a continual basis. The highest score for an agency is 100.
Go back to
travel nursing agency rankings.
Click here to view a list of
over 300 agencies and their contact information.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Meridian Medical Staffing
(within 1 year)
|5. Pay rate||4.3||4.8|
|6. Paycheck accuracy||4.2||4.2|
|10. Assignment selection available||4.2||4.8|
|12. Insurance plan||4.2||4.6|
|18. Paycheck arrival time||4.2||4.2|
|19. Chances you will recommend this agency||4.2||4.2|
|20. Chances you will work with them again||4.2||4.2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||84.5(51)||88.8(5)|
Return to top of page
- The rates quoted are good. The reality is that you may not get a dime. And as a kicker, you'll be lied to about it. Or worse yet, ignored as you slowly run out of money hundreds or thousands of miles from home and help. Three weeks now and not a single paycheck....appx 130 hours worth. Just a word to the wise. There are lots of other agencies. Find one. 06/15/2019
- I found my Agency! I don't plan on working with another agency... EVER! I make a ton more than any other traveler on my ICU unit, my recruiter rocks, and I get paid correctly and on time! I heard about these guys and gave them a shot and will never look back. My paychecks are over $200/week more than I have ever made. Because I travel, I want to pocket as much as I can and I do with Meridian Medical Staffing. The BEST AGENCY out there, hands down! 04/23/2019
- This company is making noise, so I called them. Really, really good tactics. They are super-transparent and are exactly like their videos online are. I like what I heard. I just started my first assignment with them and I am really happy. I would say I'm happier than I have ever been, and I've been traveling for over 11 years. This is the company that others are not! 10/16/2018
- First off... this is the first time I've ever given feedback on an agency, unless I was angry. I just don't usually take the time to do this, as I've never had a reason to before. I want to review this agency by telling a story about what happened last night. I have been traveling with Meridian for over a year now. Recently, I had to close my bank account due to my ex's involvement with my pay. I was forced to use a "pre-paid" debit card, (yeah, I know.. embarrassing). I forgot to tell Meridian, until after payroll was ran. I called them to beg them to stop the payment on my current check so my ex-husband wouldn't steal my money. They did it ASAP. Great, but I caused my own problem because now, I didn't have a paycheck. I called my recruiter and he came up with a way to get me my funds via PayPal, so I wasn't without money. Great again. I was off for 5 days and decided to head to California. When I got there, I realized that my PayPal account was "frozen" due to the DB I used to be married to. I had absolutely no money, and was in serious trouble two states away from my assignment. I called them again. My recruiter gave every attempt to get me money through Western Union that very same day, but there was an issue with the amount of money that was required. He's an awesome recruiter and a very caring individual I have grown to trust without question. The next thing I know, I'm getting a phone call from the CEO, Mark Holloway asking me what he can do to help this situation. In all my years of traveling, I have never spoken to a CEO of a company, let alone having one ask me what he can do to get me home safe, even though it was my problem I created in the first place. I wouldn't have even thought to reach out to anyone other than my recruiter as my experience has been that agencies simply don't care, as long as you work your hours and do your job. I told him my situation, literally through tears and he said "give me 15 minutes and I'll call you back." He did. He called and said "I just took care of it. Go to any Western Union in CA and your $1800+ pay check is available for pick up. I couldn't believe it. The crazy thing is, when I went to pick it up, California has a weird rule that you can't pick up more than $999.99 at any given time. So.... I had to call him back and tell him, (still embarrassed). It was now close to 10pm his time. He said. "Hang on.. I'm heading back to the grocery store to the Western Union again." He called me back 30 minutes later and has $999.00 available for me and the rest is going on my check this week.
THIS is why I am staying with Meridian Medical Staffing! First of all my checks are literally $200/week higher than anyone on my unit consistently, but the I am loyal to those that PROVE themselves to me. This company has. There are plenty of other stories I could write, but this one hit me hard. I was in serious trouble and ready to sleep in my car. The CEO of this company cares, and is apparent that so does everyone at this Agency. I would urge anyone looking for a better company to give them a try. Like me, you will never leave. They pay better than anyone, treat their travelers better than anyone and are just head and shoulders above the all. I am a tough traveler and this company's caring brought me to tears... Awesome company! 09/25/2018
- Simply the best agency I have EVER traveled with! 09/20/2018
- I've been a travel nurse for ten years, the last four have been consistently with Meridian, and with good reason. I've worked with the competition and there is just no comparison.
My recruiter, Connor is amazing. He's always there whenever I have a question or concern regarding my contract, not that there has been many. Connor is always hard at work making things happen for me!
Meridian is the best travel company to work for hands down.
Thank you Meridian for making me a part of the family! 08/14/2018
- I have never reviewed a company before and I am a 5-year traveler. I thought I'd actually take a moment to give a huge thanks to my recruiter, Anne and Meridian Medical Staffing. I am a seasoned Cath-Lab RN and have done over 12 travel assignments so far. This company is the best! I know how things work in the biz, and have always been frustrated by how so many companies lie, cheat, and steal travelers out of money. This company is legit. When I talked to the CEO he verifyied everything I always knew, and what's better, is that they made a great offer from the get-go. They pay me more money than any other traveler here, (and there are a ton), and my overtime is waaaaay higher than my co-travelers, who are only getting 1.5 of their TAXABLE rate! They are getting ripped off like I have for so many years. Finally... a company that pays travelers the right way. I cannot say enough about this company. I highly recommend them to all travelers!!!! 07/24/2018
- I took alot of time and care to choose the company I wanted to work with, I chose them for their personal touch, they didn't hound me like other companies and were very accommodating. I especially like that they always have my back and I don't feel like I'm being left to the wolves on assignments. 07/03/2018
- This is THE BEST COMPANY there is. I've traveled with them for over 5 years running now and they are the best! I have spoken with their CEO, Mark Holloway and he has a transparent philosophy, which my recruiter and from what I understand all if their recruiters share. I came from one of the big agencies that treated their travelers like a number. I make substantially more money than any other traveler, and my extra hours and overtime are waaaaaay higher than everyone elses.
Great bug "thumbs up." 05/31/2018
- This is a very strong agency. I am a cath-lab RN, and have jumped around from agency to agency over the last 3 years. O lost my recruiter after she had a baby and decided not to return. Each and every agency I worked with ended up screwing me out of $ in one way or another. I am a smart traveler and understand how the business works. These guys are very forthright, and extremely honest about EVERYTHING. I think they are the best-kept secret in travel nursing, (so here I go exposing my little secret). Trust me when I say this company does everything right. I have a great new recruiter, Anne, and I plan on staying with them until I retire from Travel nursing. High marks for this agency! 05/22/2018
- I just started my first assignment with these guys. Great Agency! My recruiter, Steve is the best. I trust him completely. He went over each opportunity in detail and we were able to go with my #1 choice! I'm spending the Spring in southern California and have been able to surf everyday since I got here, (sometimes in the evening). What a great experience. I found my "forever home" with this company. They are true to their word and do things much better than any other agency. Try them!!! High marks! 05/01/2018
- New traveler here. I talked and was working with 5 different agencies to begin. Meridian Medical Staffing won me over real quick. They educated me on what to expect, what to be aware of, what to be wary of, and what to look for on an assignment. I took all of that and used it to choose my agency. Been talking with my wife for a few years about this decision and I took my time making my choice. I'm off to California for my first assignment and am finally making big bucks! I can't wait. 04/10/2018
- I've worked with over a dozen agencies in the last 6 years, and these guys are the best. My recruiter Anne is awesome. I've had to take a few positions lately because I was super-specific on where I had to go, but I came running back. I really missed they way the treat their travelers. It' a lot like "you don't know what you have until it's gone", only I knew... 04/05/2018
- This agency pays really high! My recruiter Chris is great. I'm finally making the money I've always heard about for travel nursing. first 3 companies were nowhere near what these guys pay. Suoer-happy! 03/20/2018
- My company is great. I have extended once, and now am headed to sunny California for my next assignment! I have had zero issues with Meridian, (not at all true for so many other companies). Connor is great! I can call him anytime with anything I need. He is the best recruiter I have EVER had as a traveler. I have learned more about the agency side of this wacky business through him. It makes things a whole lot better when there is solid communication from your recruiter. Call them and tell them Alle sent you! 03/01/2018
- I decided to try this agency after hearing a lot about them on facebook. They are great! My recruiter, Cindy is great! the whole experience has been great! They are really awesome at being truthful about everything. I liked what I saw from their CEO and found that my recruiter is exactly the same way. I encourage all to try them. Off to my next hemo/onc assignment in OKC! 02/09/2018
- My recruiter is awesome! I choose to work with this agency after hearing a lot about them recently on a lot of websites. They are fantastic! I just took a management travel assignment with them paying big bucks! My recruiter is Christopher. While he is young, he understood and explained things, (like pay) better than any other recruiter has EVER DONE. These guys are the real-deal. It has been a completely different, and significantly better experience than I have had with any other company. I know I sound like a promoter, but when you've been screwed so many times like I have, it's really refreshing when a company totally floors you by being honest and truthful and making sure you understand everything. I found my forever-agency and my forever-recruiter... Meridian Medical Staffing and Christopher! 01/16/2018
- My friend and I both chose this agency because they have been making quite a bit of noise lately on a lot of social media pages. Their travelers seemed to really like working for them. I am very happy to report that we both just signed a contract to go to Arkansas for 13 weeks! We are super-excited and found that everything we have heard was accurate. Our recruiter, Natalie is great and she worked really, really hard to get us both to the same hospital in the same unit! It was a great Christmas gift. We know a few other travelers that are already there and we are making sooooooo much more per week than they are. Looks like it's time to get some referral bonuses! This agency rocks, and has been great to work with. We found our new agency! 12/26/2017
- Superior agency. First time with them, after seeing a lot of talk about them on social media. They are the real deal. I am making more money than any other traveler. I have a great recruiter, and everyone I've dealt with at this company is great. I will stay with them going forward. 12/06/2017
- Super-great agency. My recruiter, Patrick went to bat for me. I needed a position in upstate NY and he relentlessly went after multiple locations for me. He was true to his word as he was honest about the pros and cons of the assignment. I have a very high-paying assignment, but I am working hard for it.. just like Patrick said I would. This agency and this recruiter are unique in this travel world we are in now. If you are looking for an agency, I cannot recommend them enough. I am a "lifer" with Patrick and Meridian Medical Staffing... great company! 11/14/2017
- I just finished, (and extended) my first assignment with Meridian Medical Staffing. I can only say that the experience has been great. I have spoken with many different people with this agency, including Mark Holloway and they are all terrific! My recruiter is Natalie Klein and she is a great recruiter. She's straight forward, tells it like it is and doesn't shy away from difficult issues, which we all experience. This agency has been great from the beginning and I would recommend them to any traveler, experienced or not. Call Natalie!!! 10/24/2017
- Really good agency. Super happy so far. 3rd assignment with them. 09/19/2017
- I love my company! Best pay packages out there. I have been with them for 3 assignments now and they are great. I finally understand how agencies work and I choose to work with Meridian. They tell you everything about your assignment, even the things to watch out for. Really Trustworthy. They are starting to get really busy, but they still have a down-to-earth feel. I have told every one of my "gypsies" and now 6 of them have joined Meridian Medical Staffing. Super Happy Traveler! 09/12/2017
- I can't say enough about this agency. I have a really great recruiter, (Patrick) who tells it like it is. He has educated me on the industry and how agencies make their money. There are surely things to watch out for out there, as I have experienced in over 13 years as a traveler. I trust these guys and they have shown trustworthy. I have a much better contract than every other traveler that I have compared note with. I'm sending them to Meridian! 08/24/2017
- Really good agency. I am really please so far. They worked hard to get me a position and I'm the top-paid traveler on my unit. 08/01/2017
- I wanted to give a reference to this great company. I have been a travel nurse for over 10 years. I'm close to retirement so I just wanted to get through the next 5 years or so travelling to give myself the best retirement I can. I have been scared lately that I might have to go back to perm because of the way I have been treated by agencies. Some of them I have worked for time and time again, only to be left to feel like they were doing me a favor by working for them. Not this company. I took a chance on a company I started hearing rumblings about. My recruiter seemed honest, but I was still pretty skeptical having been burned so many times. They have turned out to be exactly as they advertise... NO BS! I had a small issue with my timekeping system that my facility was not helping with. I was getting frustrated and my recruiter could tell. The next think I knew I received a call from one of their Vice Presidents, Mark Holloway who was wonderful. This guy understands what we go through. He fixed the issue and continued to repeatedly THANK ME for working with them! Imagine that! Great guy, great company, great recruiter, (Anne) and a very high recommendation to travel with this company. I'm telling every traveler I see who is as frustrated as I was. 07/27/2017
- Great agency, super high-paying. My recruiter, Natalie is great. I'm making a lot more $ than any other traveler at my assignment. They claim transparency and top=pay and it's true! 07/18/2017
- Super great agency that really worked hard for me. My recruiter, Autumn is awesome! She was the most honest recruiter I have spoken with during my 8 years as a traveler. She didn't try to sell me on a job that wasn't right for me. She educated me on the best fit and we worked together to get some options.
This company is really great. They know everything about travel nursing and are willing to help you understand the differences between agencies and even jobs. It's really refreshing after so many recruiters that either don't know or more likely don't understand what we go through. I have a partner now with Autumn and Meridian Medical Staffing that I have never had in all my years of traveling. Call them!!! The entire company is fantastic!!! 06/21/2017
- Best company out there! I have been travelling for 5+ years and started "settling" for the money and compensation all agencies give us. This company is truly TRANSPARENT! My recruiter, Lucas knows every single detail about my assignment and more importantly, was willing to give it to me, with a detailed explanation. I was used to getting 1.5 of only my TAXABLE hourly rate for overtime and holidays. This is what we all have settled for. Meridian Medical Staffing pays time and a half of the FULL hourly rate. They will educate you on soooo many other areas that other companies will screw you on financially. Awesome Experience! Awesome company! 05/30/2017
- My Recruiter(Connor) and Meridian are very Trustworthy!! I would never dream of going any where else! They truly care about me and my assignments, never an issue getting paid, and the follow up is amazing! You will not be disappointed with this outstanding company, give them a call for your last recruiter and travel company!! 03/28/2017
- What a GEM! I almost quit travel nursing due to some really poor ethics in the business. I found Meridian Medical Staffing and was sooooo relieved to get a second start in this crazy gig of travel nursing. They are really refreshing. They will tell you the bill rate they are working with on each assignment and then walk you through how that equals you pay, (and they pay REALLY well). The use the word "transparent" a lot and they are true to that word. They are trying to be completely different from a lot of the sharks out there AND THEY ARE! My recruiter is Connor, but I have talked to many people at this company and I would highly recommend them. They are out of Denver, but have positions everywhere. They are honest and I think are going places because of their philosophy. Big thumbs up. I will never leave them! 03/21/2017
- I REALLY want to write this review, as this is the best company I have EVER worked for. My recruiter Anne is absolutely the best. I am so sad, as I am leaving the travel world to follow my dream of working permanently in Alaska, but before I go off into the sunset I want EVERYONE to know that they need to work for Meridian Medical Staffing. I want to thank Mark for having the courage to have a different kind of recruiting company that truly cares about their nurses. I want to thank Sue and Krista for all their efforts through the credentialing process. I want to thank Evon for putting up with the fact that not only did I travel with my entire family, but with my 80 lb dog. While I am excited about my next chapter, I am adamant that without Meridian Medical Staffing my dream would not have come true. I am so sad to leave them, but excited for my family. Some companies truly change lives. This one did. They are the BEST. Travel with them of you're missing out on what travel really is! 08/24/2016
- If you're looking for a great company call Meridian Medical Staffing. You can ask for my recruiter, Anne Ubert, but don't take too much of her time, as she's my absolute #1. I've worked as a traveler for a very long time and I finally found a company that I love! They really get travel nursing and understand what we travelers go through day in and day out. Anne is great, as is everyone there... I've had the CEO call me back with an answer to an urgent question. Highly, highly recommend! 07/12/2016
- I am a first-time traveler, although I've been a nurse for over 23 years. I heard all the horror stories and even witness many about travelling, so I did my research well. When I called my recruiter, Mackenzie it was a much better conversation than I had with each and every other agency. She informed me about pay, housing, and even the facilities I was interested in. They talk about being transparent, and they really are. I know the rate they charge my hospital, and understand how that translates to my pay. I really appreciated that. This company is honest and they really take care of their travelers. I have already switched 3 travelers over to them based upon pay alone. I would recommend them to anyone! Thanks Meridian Medical Staffing and Mackenzie! 05/16/2016
- My recruiter, Anne is the absolute best. This company is terrific and they really care. I was cancelled due to low census and Meridian Medical Staffing took control, found me a new assignment, (with better pay), let me stay in their housing until it was time to head to the new assignment, and COMMUNICATED with me through the entire process. They are really a great company. Everything they do is top-notch. Many companies SAY they care, but these guys really do! I know from experience what most companies do when something like this happens. These guys do what they say the will do and I've not seen that before with any other company. 04/14/2016
- Just completed my first assignment with Meridian Medical Staffing in Miami, FL. I am extremely please with this company and my recruiter Connor. I read the reviews that this company had and I must say that they seem a little "fishy..." like they came from one very hard-to-please traveler. This company is terrific. They do everything very well, from housing to MOST IMPORTANTLY paying in an honest, and correct way! Their tax advantage program is honest and not just set up to put a bunch of illegal tax-free dollars in your pocket... (yes, I've been burned before). They are very honest, well informed, and the best experience I have had as a travel so far. I am starting assignment #2 with them up in Panama City next week! 03/23/2016
- Currently, I'm on my first out-of-state travel assignment with Meridian Medical Staffing. I can truly say that since my journey began back in October of this past year, the staff has not only been with me, but FOR me every step of the way. ANY problem that arised, I've had the support of Anne Ubert, Senior Recruiter and the other professional staff there at Meridian. One situation very close to my heart that occurred, was when my father died unexpectedly and I called Anne. I received her sincerest, genuine condolences and next, she asked "what can we do for you." Needless to say, I was thrown aback and just tremendously touched by the kindness and even more so, the assistance I received during this devastating time in my life! After all, this happened in December and I'd only been with the company since October! Not only was I able to get home to South Carolina from South Dakota seamlessly, but I was also able to maintain other needs, such as housing with no issues - thanks to this wonderful company and its people. I'm a firm believer in not so much as what you say, but what you do. I'm blessed to be working with Meridian Medical Staffing.
Cynthia S. RN
- I have worked for 12 different companies over my travel nursing career. Meridian Medical Staffing is hands-down the absolute best out there. Take it from a very picky, high-maintenance nurse... these guys are the Best! 03/02/2016
- This company stole from me. They lied about my assignment, and left me stranded in Alaska. Mark Halloway from Meridian acts like he is a caring person. What I learned is he steals from Nurses and Recruiters like its nothing. Dont believe anything someone from this company tells you, just run like hell. 02/01/2015
- Thief! I did contract work for Meridian Medical Staffing, and the CFO Mark H. He contracted me to update his company logo. He never paid me!! He does not return my calls either. I believe this company needs to be closed. Do not use them, no matter what! 12/11/2014
- Horrible, Terrible, Very Bad Company. Can't say enough bad things about them. I never received any Pay Stubs. My paychecks were wrong several times. Also, I heard from employees of the company, that the owner, Mark Halloway, treats his recruiters horribly.He even steals from them!!! Do not work for Meridian.... 12/04/2014
- Awesome company! They found me an assignment when 4 others led me on. They always pay higher than anyone else, (I have compared notes with other travelers here). My housing is amazing. Zero problems with pay. Zero problems with housing. Zero problems with ANYTHING! Big recommendation! 11/21/2014
- Stay away from this company. The owner cheats and steals from his nurses and recruiters. The pay is much lower than other companies, and the do not have your best interest in mind. All the owner,NAME REMOVED, is interested in is making a few extra bucks. Not your well being. 11/18/2014
- The best company you have never heard of! Smallish agency, based out of Denver that really did a great job for me. I have been looking for a "real" company for over 5 years, jumping from one to another. Meridian has recruiters that actuall recruit. They tell you the good, the bad, and the ugly about an assignment, they pay better, (I was making $4 more per hour than anyone else at my facility), and the did what they said they were going to do, right down to the detail. I am a 8+ year traveler and I highly recommend them. I love to talk about bad companies, but this is the first review I have done praising one.
- Great company. 6 assignments with them. Much more knowledgeable than all others with regard to assignments. They have the travelers best interest in mind. Highly, highly recommend! 05/08/2014
- I've been with them for over 4 years straight. Great company, best pay and lots of assignments. Won't work with anyone else. 04/29/2014
- Terrible company to work with. They did not pay me for work for +2weeks.. they said were having computer problems. They would not answer my calls or return my calls. It was only after I threatened to go to the hospital about their lack of paying me did they provide my paycheck. Very unprofessional!! 03/27/2014
- They like to take taxes out that you didn't authorize. Dropped the ball on housing. Non supportive. Horrible experience. 12/25/2013
- Housing was bad, insurance not paid by agency, no pay stubs, late on housing apartment rent, never received up front travel pay. There is no one available 24/7. You get voice mail. Not supportive, low wages and don't listen to the nurse about where they want to go. 12/22/2013
Click here for advertising info