Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Alaska Regional
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.7||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.8||5.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.3||5.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.5||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.7||5.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4.2||5.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4||5.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.7||5.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.5||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.8||4.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.5||5.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.3||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.2||5.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||4||5.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.7||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.2||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.5||5.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||4.3||5.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4.7||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||82.4(6)||96.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. The staff have been welcoming and helpful, the docs are also very nice. Week long orientation! Views are spectacular! They always staff their OR with an extra team to handle any emergencies and help with breaks which is so nice!! My last place barely had enough people and if any call ins then manager and director had to run rooms so this place is a breath of fresh air! Love the area, lots of hiking trails with gorgeous mountains! The icy roads in winter are pretty terrible so it’s a bit challenging getting around town but kind of fun too. 01/14/2021 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AirBnB downtown. Housing was located in city of Anchorage. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. The outside isn’t pretty and the neighborhood has a homeless shelter nearby and unfortunately lots of crime in the area but I’ve been fortunate to not be affected by it yet. The inside of my apartment is really nice, all you need for making meals at home. Extra linens, updated bathroom. Cute little electric fireplace, very cozy.
- I worked in the Preop and Phase II Recovery department(s) in the hospital. Even though the department was chronically understaffed, morale seemed quite good and I felt welcomed; people were always willing to clarify issues that arose. The orientation to the facility was excessive (an HCA facility) and done on my own time. Physicians and anesthesia staff were mostly team-oriented. The facility itself and the surrounding views are beautiful! My one complaint was the overall facility could have been cleaner; not sure if I ever saw housekeeping personnel. Because of the staff I would definitely return there. 01/12/2020 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private housing. Housing was located in city of Anchorage. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Cath Lab department(s) in the hospital. 06/06/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Golden Nuget RV Park. Housing was located in city of Anchorage. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Float Pool department(s) in the hospital. Nurses wear Caribbean Blue. They are union and are very good about keeping ratios, have CNA's and use sitters. They have a transport team/life team. The ICU have ceiling lifts. The hospital is under construction so some places are chaotic. They will be switching to Epic as of mid May of 2015. The doctors work both at Alaska Regional and Providence. The staff was super friendly. They have appropriate assignments. The CNA's worked very well with the nurses. I also was guaranteed hours with this assignment so I did work as a CNA for 2 shifts and as a RN/Sitter 1-1 for patients. 04/26/2015 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private. Housing was located in city of Anchorage. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing on craigslist.
- I worked in the Pediatric and Mother Baby department(s) in the hospital. The Pediatric department just opened so lots of floating initially, but that was known in advance. Many units are getting a huge overhaul in decor which is much needed. I loved it here!! 11/20/2013 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private home. Housing was located in city of Anchorage. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I lived in the basement apartment of a lovely lady. Beautiful area and I always felt safe.
- I worked in the Med/Onc department(s) in the hospital. Very old computor system, still not using phones for nurses, and some old systems in place. Floated more than on the floor I was hired for. The best part was the people, they were friendly and kind. Worked as a team. Not the best assignment, but ok. 09/01/2013 Housing was approximately 9 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Southside Excecutive. Housing was located in city of Anchorage. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Studio apartment in good shape and in a nice location. Though 15 ride to work, it was easy access and a nice location.
Click here for advertising info