Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Methodist Hospital-Sacramento
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.2|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.7|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.8|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.2|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.8|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.3|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.3|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.2|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||57.4(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Medsurg/Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. If you're able to go to a different Dignity hospital, do that. Methodist is so old and they are planning on tearing it down. I had to float to the other Dignity hospitals in Sacramento and they were fantastic. This one is run down, the staff have almost no teamwork, the techs leave at 10pm and don't do vitals/fingersticks (seriously! their union fought it and all they do is pass waters, take people to the bathroom but unless they're 100% walkie-talkie they ask the nurse for help. My second day I asked what even they do, and the staff nurses said we still don't know. I"m not exaggerating. This was a real conversation I had with several people. One of the travelers said for the first month of her assignment she fought it but gave up because their union is so strong). There were a few really great staff nurses there but overall, I didn't like the manager and most of the nurses just seem burnt out and not at all happy with their jobs. All the travelers I talked to said it was the worst or one of the worst hospitals they'd ever been to. Avoid it if possible! That being said, I wasn't absolutely miserable and it's a survivable 13 weeks. 05/29/2020 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AirBNB. Housing was located in city of Sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I had an airBNB that I was able to get out of, because the place had sewage problems in which the bathtub would fill with sewage because of a blocked pipe. The landlord was very accomidating and moved me to a different location and took off some money for it, but was definitely a hassle, not to mention really gross.
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. If a person can handle being yelled at, screamed at, demoralized in front of your patients and co-workers on a daily basis then you will fit in perfectly. 05/23/2018 Housing was approximately 13 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Camper. Housing was located in city of Sac. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Endoscopy department(s) in the hospital. No team work in this department. Morale is lowest I've seen anywhere. 04/29/2017 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was VRBO. Housing was located in city of Elk Grove. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Rented a house on VRBO. It was great to have the extra room and a garage since we were there during all the winter rains.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Several of the nurses were previous travelers that were hired for permanent positions, so they were very accommodating. Excellent orientation for travel assignment. 07/24/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Value Place. Housing was located in city of Sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Hotel staff was friendly, area was not upscale, but they locked the gates after 8 pm. I felt safe in their establishment. Rates were approx $300 a week. Poor WiFi reception at extra $10 a week.
- I worked in the Labor department(s) in the hospital. Safety is a big issue here. Was a lot of malpractice that was swept under the rug by management. 12/29/2014 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Towne Place Suites. Housing was located in city of Sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Great breakfast, wonderful staff, clean and helpful.
- Great place to stay for just $199 per week. 07/15/2013 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Value Place. Housing was located in city of Sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Shift change meetings are a pain in the arse as well as a waste of time. Otherwise this is a well functioning organization. Cerner computer system sucks though.
Click here for advertising info