Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Jefferson Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.7|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.2|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.3|
|5. Cafeteria food||2|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.8|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.8|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.2|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.8|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.2|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.7|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.7|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.2|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.2|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||54(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. This was my first assignment as a travel nurse and I felt like it was a great hospital. The staff were very welcoming and open to travelers and wouldn't mind helping out when needed. Manager does schedule and asks you beforehand if you need any days off. Doctors are very friendly. I feel like there were a lot of overdoses and MVC during my assignment there and very few psych patients, who were usually sent out right away. DC & Baltimore are both a little over an hour away, and Shenandoah National Park is nearby as well, so there is plenty to do. Overall, I had a great experience there and would definitely consider going back for an assignment here. 02/24/2020 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Manager's friend. Housing was located in city of Ranson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I stayed with a friend of the nurse manager, in a room at her house with 2 other travelers. Very cheap and close to the hospital.
- I worked in the Operating room department(s) in the hospital. They work the travelers to death here! They are short staffed and the travelers do all the work, while they send their staff home. On the rare occasions that a staff nurse is actually working, they sit around and do nothing to help. The staff nurses spend their time shopping on line. The amount of call is extensive and exhausting. The OR has recently opened a 4th room, and they only have 2 staff nurses. JAHCO came while I was there, and they had multiple deficiencies. Then the state came to inspect. Don't know how that worked out though. The scrub techs think they know more than you, and run to management when they think you are doing something wrong, Morale is terrible. The doctors are super nice though. The management here leaves a lot to be desired. They have a director, assistant director and a charge nurse for the two staff nurses. There were 2 other travelers there when I was, and the travelers were doing all the work!! I highly recommend to NOT go to this hospital!! 02/22/2018 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was not applicable. Housing was located in city of Harpers Ferry. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. none
- I worked in the Operating Room department(s) in the hospital. The call amount is extensive! The amount of call is very high and although the surgeons are patient and friendly there is some very severe tension and low morale from staff nurses and techs. They are hiring new managers trying to weed out the bad but it's going to take time because it's been so bad for so long. The staff nurses in the OR are not welcoming and can be backstabbing. The preop staff was very friendly and the ICU/Med Surg/L 02/04/2018 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of harpers ferry. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2.
- I worked in the OPS department(s) in the hospital. Lot of bickering/poor morale in area on arrival. Here to do a job and ignore it.For the most part, very friendly staff. VERY small hospital with low census levels and more staff than work. 12/31/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private room. Housing was located in city of Ranson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Some areas of Ranson and Charles Town with drug problems and unsafe areas.
- I worked in the OB department(s) in the hospital. The OB manager is not a people person. Few of the staff respect her but feel they have nowhere else to work in the area. Very passive agressive. Coworkers were wonderful. I couldn't wait for the assignement to end thought the area is absolutely beautiful. There is a race track close by and fun to go to. Lots to do in the area. Short ride per train to DC. 10/09/2014 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I had private housing. Housing was located in city of Ranson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- Difficult to find decent housing. 06/24/2013 I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Hostile environment with exception of a few who actually apologized for the others behavior. Told charting was problem oriented and then tell your agency you didn't do any head to toe assessments, even though their own staff charts on problem and doesn't do head to toe. Will tell lies on you but management not allow you a chance for rebuttal. Management not available or avoids. Charge nurses enjoy scolding and humiliating traveler in front of others when it's staff who are in fault and retaliate if you hold your ground. More experience than staff but not allowed to do job because "travelers aren't allowed". Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was none. Housing was located in city of Cherryvale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
Click here for advertising info