Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Sparks Regional
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.2|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.2|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.2|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.2|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.7|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.7|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.8|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.7|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.7|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||44.1(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU/CVICU department(s) in the hospital. The ICU and CVICU are essentially the same unit, with a back hallway being designated for CV patients. During the 3 months there, the number of surgeries was low. Floated at least once a week, if not more, to the cardiac stepdown floor (ICU staff float to the regular stepdown floor). Staff were all pretty welcoming, physicians were usually good to work with. The building is very outdated, as was most of the equipment. The work flow was terrible, nothing was kept in rooms so you always had to go look for needles, flushes, etc every time you needed them. 07/17/2017 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was fairway at fianna hills. Housing was located in city of fort smith. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Very mediocre housing for the price we paid.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Currently there are 9 travelers at this hospital in the ICU on night shift. Staff is young, and policies are hard to find. Most perm staff do not know their own policies. Nurses are assigned to service lines i.e. IABP without any prior training. Often leave work feeling like many things are missed d/t patient load/ acuity of assignments. Would not recommend. 11/24/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was house. Housing was located in city of Fort Smith. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. .
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. 10/2015 ICU staff is extremely short handed, 50% or more of shifts are 3:1 ratio. Staff is paid additional money for this and aren't happy, but are accepting of it. Travelers for the most part do not handle cardiac surgery patients but will do other cardiac, neuro, and general ICU. All staff and travelers float in turn to 8 bed IMC which uses the same charge nurse and is nearby. Cerner system is the most difficult I have encountered but is still better than Meditech. Staff is friendly and tech help is decent. Area is great for outdoor activities and there are no areas in FS that I felt were "too unsafe" to venture into. 11/15/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RV park. Housing was located in city of Van Buren. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Found apartments 1-2 blocks from hospital for about $500 monthly. Slightly run down area but nothing I would have felt unsafe to stay in or walk to work. I chose to take and stay in my RV. RV spots are difficult to find and mostly mediocre. Lots of temp workers in area, pipeline and lineman, parks have waiting lists. Everyone in park I stayed at was very nice and all areas were safe.
- I worked in the Icu department(s) in the hospital. Horrible place to work! Staffing ratios are horrendous. Would definitely recommend passing on this one! 11/12/2015 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Harbortown. Housing was located in city of Fort Smith. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Floated department(s) in the hospital. This was by far the worse hospital I have ever worked in. It's a great place for any nurse to loose his/ her license. The nurse to patient ratio was anywhere from 1:7 to 1:17 because they utilize LPN as if they are RN's which makes you responsible or the entire unit. 02/11/2014 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Mariott. Housing was located in city of Fort Smith. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I would never stay there again the management were rude, however the rest of the staff were pleasant and friendly. Except for a night clerk by the name of Steve, very RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS!
- Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own. Housing was located in city of Fort Smith. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. 02/28/2013
Click here for advertising info