Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: JC Lincoln Deer Valley
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.6|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.4|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.8|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.8|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.4|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.2|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.4|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.6|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.4|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.6|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.4|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||62(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the ICU on night shift. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. I extended 3 times (10/15-7/16) - Never once was there a triple assignment and they were good about 1:1 assignments if indicated. The charge RN took patients if needed so staff ratios were always safe. They use Epic, which is a good, updated EMR system. Warning ICU nurses - the hospital puts all travelers in the float pool, which they just started doing at the start of my assignment. This means you will float to ICU, PCCU, and tele units of this hospital as well as their sister hospital JCL North Mountain. They said they were going to start to include their other sister hospital, HonorHealth Shea, as I was leaving. This happened very frequently when spring started. Also, something I noticed other ICU travelers hated but I didn't mind - the ICU at Deer Valley will ALWAYS give travelers the downgraded patients on the unit. They told me it was policy. It was usually only 3 patients and frequently they would transfer them out during in the middle of the shift and give you admits. I probably started and ended with an ICU assignment maybe 10 shifts in a 9 month period. Otherwise, it was a great experience. Scheduling was awesome - the staffing office does it so you don't have to adhere to unit-specific scheduling rules. They let me choose how I wanted scheduled (such as block scheduling or no more then 3 days in a row, for example). They said they want to make sure I could visit different parts of the state so they allowed many stretches off in between shifts, plus they granted every request off. They were very accommodating. I will more then likely return here. 09/06/2016 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was self purchased vrbo). Housing was located in city of Scottsdale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I purchased my own housing through vrbo - fully furnished, gated community, close to nightlife and restaurants. Very nice, safe area - but pricey area. Traffic was horrible during the winter (45 min drive for 12 mi trip) but it lightened up when the snowbirds left around March/April.
- I worked in the Main OR department(s) in the hospital. Surgeons and Anesthesia staff are not pleasant to work with. Leadership is not great as well. Staff moral is very low. Everyone is thinking of leaving or in the process of leaving. 07/24/2016 Housing was approximately na mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own housing. Housing was located in city of phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. na
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked in this hospital during the spring of 2015. The staff was friendly to work with. Over the phone interview, I was told I would be working every third weekend. Once at the facility it was mandatory that travelers work every other weekend, and the weekends you were scheduled off you would still be required to work most Friday's and Monday's so there wasn't much time to travel around the area and enjoy any time off. One traveler had her travel agency intervene when they tried tripling her patient assignment and since that intervention travelers were not required to take more than two ICU patients. They used EPIC which was nice, but overall I would not go back. 04/21/2016 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Adobe Ridge. Housing was located in city of Glendale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. The complex and amenities were beautiful. Staff was extremely rude and unhelpful. I was told when I got there that I could give a one month notice before vacate as I wouldn't know two months in advance if I was extending or not. After giving my one month notice they tried making me pay for an additional month because I didn't give them the two months notice - of which was not in the initial verbal agreement. I worked with the same lady the entire time and once her boss found out that she told me a one-month notice was okay, her boss got mad at her and she back peddled and pretended to never have agreed to that. My agency got involved and it took a lot of work but I eventually got the fee waved. Note to self: make sure EVERYTHING is in WRITING next time. Overall, the place was beautiful but the staff isn't worth staying there.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. The ICU unit in Deer Valley is extremely busy but a great learning area. The staff are very willing to help and assist with questions while getting oriented and the doctors expect nurses to present issues and receive feedback for great learning opportunities. They sometimes had to triple assignments which I didn't find safe, but do this to all their staff, not just travelers, hopefully that continues to get better as they fill up on more staff. Overall though the managers, staff and doctors all work to integrate travelers well, as Phoenix is a hot spots for travelers and they're very used to it. Being a big city there is so much to do and if you're up for a drive, weekend trips to Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon and etc are doable. Lots of hiking and active community in Phoenix! 04/20/2016 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was self rented/airbnb. Housing was located in city of Scottsdale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I self rent and used airbnb
- Motel style layout with laundry room access only from 0800 to 2200. Staff was nice. 02/28/2013 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay America. Housing was located in city of Phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
Click here for advertising info