Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Oklahoma University Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.3|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.4|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.7|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.4|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.7|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.7|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.9|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.6|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.6|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.3|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.9|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.4|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.1|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||58.6(7)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Sterile Processing department(s) in the hospital. The staff that I worked with were friendly/helpful enough. Now, though, almost all permanent staff that I worked with on 2nd shift are gone elsewhere (6 permanent, 4 travelers). However, a revolving door of travelers here. Workload was fairly high. Staff morale was pretty low. Main OR had little respect for CS and management on my shift was very lax.
The facility is older (the part I was in--main) and the dept I was in need of expansion (which was in the works at the time I was there). Older technology here. Instrument tracking system was Impress (mediocre but got the job done). Organization and management of dept needed work.
I found free off-site parking but they did provide parking passes (but parking lots were distanced from hospital--needed a shuttle).
Hospital layout was not the best. Slooww elevators. Patients on stretchers were wheeled right in the lobby/main area of the hospital.
This hospital is apparently ranked #1 in Oklahoma but it could use a lot of work. 10/17/2018 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of Midwest City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Finding housing was okay. Found a room in a house (with roommates) on Craigslist for a decent price.
- I worked in the oncology department(s) in the hospital. Staff is very friendly and helpful but the hospital system itself has a lot of flaws. This place takes micromanaging to the extreme and uses Meditech for charting. Overall it wasn't horrible, but I'm leaving very frustrated. 09/20/2017 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private house. Housing was located in city of Oklahoma City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. secure housing from private owner
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Large, busy place! 05/19/2016 Housing was approximately 2.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Individual. Housing was located in city of OKC . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Found an apartment through Craigslist.
- I worked in the Children's department(s) in the hospital. I can not believe how many new nurses there are running the floor I am on. They are putting nurses with less than 1 yr exp as charge as well. They don't use EMLA for pokes, don't offer basic nursing skills-baths, linen changes, don't rinse their fdg bags between fdgs. There is so many travelers at this Hosp and staff are not at all very welcoming to me. I am only here as this is a crisis pay hospital for travelers. I wonder why they can't retain their nsg staff. 01/10/2016 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Prpok. Housing was located in city of Okc. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Found my own housing. The house is close by, furnished, slightly run down but it works for us. No complaints.
- I worked in the Emergency Room department(s) in the hospital. The hospital is filthy, the core nurses will openly cuss out the travelers and when report my contract was cancelled for a reason most nurses would be given a verbal warning 01/06/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private Apt. Housing was located in city of oklahoma city. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. housing was fine, i arranged into locally with a private owner.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Core staff attitudes were TERRIBLE! They utilize a good number of travelers. It is a teaching facility therefore you have to "deal" with residents which can be challenging but the overall attitude of the physicians toward the nurses is reasonable. They employ brand new nurses in specialty areas which I find surprising. The nurse/patient ratio is terrible because they simply don't have the staff to support the vast number of patients coming through the ED. The staffing matrix they have is good, just sooooo many patients. Can't be lazy and work in this ED, that is for sure! 10/15/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private owner of apt. Housing was located in city of OKC. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I found my own apartment on Craigslist. There are Extended Stay's in and around the city but I preferred an apartment for additional privacy. They city has MANY hotels and furnished apartments to choose from. Don't stay too close to the facility, though. Not a good area!
- I worked in the CICU department(s) in the hospital. Very nice people. Lots of new nurses that need direction and help. Laid back, good place for a contract if you need a break 02/13/2013 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Candlewood Suites. Housing was located in city of Oklahoma City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
Click here for advertising info