Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Eden Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.4||4.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3||3.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.2||4.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.4||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.8||5.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.6||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.6||5.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.6||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.8||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.6||4.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.8||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.6||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.8||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.6||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.8||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||65.6(5)||85.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Overall fantastic travel assignment! The hospital is small but very friendly to travelers as long as you are interested and willing to work hard.
Pros: There is a strong union presence so there are lots of breaks for each shift given by a dedicated break nurse. ICU nurses rarely get floated to other units. The hospital is located in a smaller sized town but very central and easy for day trips to San Fransisco, Napa Valley, Oakland, and coastal towns such as Half moon bay and Monterey.
Cons: Not many. Some of the doctors are fantastic but with others there is a lack of communication between physicians and nurses. There is a definite old school hierarchy that differs from mainstream teaching hospitals today with some of the male physicians. During my time I saw nurses (mostly female) who had been there for decades have to tiptoe around doctors to ask for orders in a way that would not bother them. Very different from other facilities. Hopefully will change with younger generations hiring on. 05/13/2020 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Furnished Finder housing. Housing was located in city of Castro Valley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Labor and Delivery department(s) in the hospital. I renewed here up to my year mark because I absolutely fell in love with my co-workers here at my Eden. These girls became my friends and my family and I am not ready to become staff but am having a really hard time moving on. They wanted me to take the night shift charge nurse position but I am not ready to settle down. Now this hospital is not without issues. They all have them. And there are a lot here too. However, I would absolutely come back here. I worked night shift and my unit was self scheduling so I never had to deal with staffing which was so nice. There were a lot of new grads on nights but I loved them and they flourished while I was here.
As far as the doctors go, overall I built very good professional relationships and credibility with my docs.
Be advised there is no hospitalist but there is an in house pedi.
Although I have never had so much trouble with anesthesiologists as I have here. Some were okay and some were a flat out nightmare. 04/14/2017 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was City Centere. Housing was located in city of Hayward. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I only lived here in company housing my first 13 weeks. It was just okay. Only like 10 min from work. Crazy expensive like everything else in the area. It's not like super unsafe but a lot of poorer people in the surrounding area. Better to look in Dublin, Oakland, Alameda or Pleasanton. I ended up moving to Alameda after the 1st 13 weeks and could not be happier there! Very home like, close to the beach, and the city.
- I worked in the Stepdown department(s) in the hospital. I was hired for Stepdown but rarely worked there. Almost felt like I was at Kaiser bc they floated me sometimes twice in a shift. A lot of travelers were getting cancelled, like they over hired travelers. The doctors SUCK. They are so rude (I worked nights here). I had a patient who was actively having a stroke and the on call told me to call back in 10 mins (it was 0650 and he wanted the day doctor to deal with it). Ridiculous. Patients would come up from the ED with NO orders for HOURS. The CNA's are lazy! Asking them for help is like asking them for their arm, so much attitude. The pharmacy and monitor techs and phlebotomists love to argue with you, I guess they forgot that a BSN overrides their certification. Pretty hospital- building built in 2012 but that's about it! I'll never come back. 10/30/2016 Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Marquis. Housing was located in city of San Jose. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Very nice apartment complex, HORRIBLE location for the price.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. This place runs like a quick lube....get them in and out as fast as possible. There are just as many hall beds as there are regular beds making it almost impossible to get thru the halls d/t all the gurneys, pts, and visitors. For an area that can be described as a bedroom community, this ER runs like an inner city one. The nurses are simply spread to thin and constantly pushed to go faster. If you take pride in giving good pt care, you won't appreciate working here. On a positive note, staff here was, for the most part, very friendly. 11/26/2015 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of Castro Valley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I had acquired my own housing and couldn't have been happier with it. Castro Valley really is a nice place to live.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Priority is the moving of patients in and out of the ER and not the actual physical care of patients nor the welfare of staff. At times the charge staff do not know what is going on in their department and resources are not available. 01/11/2013 Housing was approximately na mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was na. Housing was located in city of Castro Valley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.