Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Cape Fear Valley Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.4||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.7||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.6||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.7||1.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.3||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.8||2.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.1||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.9||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.3||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.2||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.8||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.3||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.9||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.3||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.4||3.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.5||4.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.3||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.6||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.4||2.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||36.2(10)||41.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. There is SOO much busy work. Constantly felt busy but ran around in circles especially with charting. Unnecessary charting and re-charting in multiple systems. They ARE moving to EPIC in the future which is great. 03/22/2018 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Ramada for me. Housing was located in city of Fayetville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I did not take housing. I stayed in the hotels around the hospital. They were...OK.
- I worked in the 8S department(s) in the hospital. I made the mistake of extending my contract. My original contract wasn't that bad and thought it would be nice to do over the holiday, boy was I wrong. If I would have known what would have happened after the extension started, I would have fled. Don't get me wrong, some of the staff on the floor I worked with were really nice, but a lot of them treated me like crap. It's surprises me how some of those people are even working there still. My contract was terminated with about 6 weeks left. In my eyes was it just, NO! I didn't fight it because I was just done with the place and the way I was treated. DO NOT EVER TAKE AN ASSIGNMENT AT THIS HOSPITAL!!! 12/28/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Village Gate Apartments. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. The housing complex was nice. Would I stay there again if I had the chance, possibly.
- I worked in the 3VPS Cardiac Stepdown department(s) in the hospital. WORST HOSPITAL EVER> IF you go here, your license is IN DANGER. Seriously 5 to 1 staffing for stepdown. I have had Post op day 1 CABG, Insulin drip, Cardizem drip, and 2 pts on BIPAP, all at the same time. The Cardizem drip patient was severely unstable, and Insulin drip was titrating every hour. Also had one BIPAP pt who was severely unstable. This was only ONE example of ONE day. Its absolutely terrifying. There is NO teamwork because they are so swamped with their own patients, and 5 out of 7 of the full time nurses (that is ALL they had for permanent full time staff for a 36 bed unit!) are just plain lazy. The not lazy ones are the NEW GRADS. The charting system is so ridiculous that it was IMPOSSIBLE to leave work on time, EVER. I was always there at least 1-2 hours longer than my shift required, and I still felt like I didnt complete all of the documentation that needed to be done! I will warn people away from this place FOREVER 03/02/2017 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Value Place. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the Postpartum department(s) in the hospital. There is a lot of crime in Fayetteville. While there one of my patients room was fired in to from across the street. There is a lot of walking just to get to the hospital.(No parking garage, just a very large open parking lot. Little teamwork amongst the staff with some trying to intimidate the travelers. Would not take another assignment there. 01/17/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I don't remember. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Loved my apartment, it was a gated community and the floor plan was awesome.
- I worked in the 3VPS (Cardiac Stepdown) department(s) in the hospital. I worked nights, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The charge nurse Tomeka was awesome and very helpful and accommodating to my orientation and needs. I met the hiring manager Shawnda and the nursing educator Anita on my first day of hospital orientation, and they were very welcoming as well as supportive during my assignment. They approached me on several occasions to make sure I was comfortable and expressed their appreciation for my efforts. This unit, like many others, is often short staffed, and they really do try to get days and nights to a 4:1 ratio, but about half the time I was 5:1. The leadership team as well as the Cardio-thoracic surgeons would like this unit to eventually have a 3:1 ratio to be able to spend more time with the post CABG patients as well as take fresh vasculars versus going to the ICU. They do take insulin drips for DKA and full face bipap for respiratory distress/failure which I'm not used to, but it has been good experience. They still use paper charts with the EMR which could use some updating. I am planning on renewing and doing at least 1 more 13 week contract and overall I would recommend this hospital. It's not perfect but they get the job done. One thing I would like to see is a more updated charting system. 10/31/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Family Lodge Apartments. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the oncology/6th department(s) in the hospital. Worst, absolute worst travel assignment ever. I saw 3 travelers start...work 1 shift and never return. The staff was friendly, but just enough so you dont quit. There was never an offer to help you while they witnessed you drown. Assignment were obviously biased towards regular staff. Travelers received most isolation patients. Any patient who complained, and any "VIP"...or anyone related to anyone important. Confused pts...yours...frequent BS...yours...new admissions....yours. Lot of empty beds...you got first admission so if everyone got an admission and it had to go around twice...you were the first one to get 2 admissions. Despite computer charting and order entry many many orders still written in charts. Everything, and I mean everything had to be scanned. From IV start kits to flushes to bandaides. Very time consuming. Lots of confused patients screaming all night and manger unable to understand why patient satisfaction numbers for quietness are low. Shady nursing assistants and secretaries...if pt needs to use bathroom, the secretary will page the nurse (because the tech is her friend). Crazy rule of bedridden pts get 2 baths daily so techs spend great deal of their time trying to get baths done. Manager wants you out by 7:15 period. But regular staff could stay 1 or 2 hrs after shift to chart. Sometimes because your group was so bad you gave report to 4 people. Frequently heard of nurses who didnt give meds...they end up in the return bin...you would see them in the med room pulling meds they hadnt given out of their pockets to put in return bin...not crediting pt. Or bid meds that were due at 9am but given at 5 and the next nurse not notified it was given so late. Blood ordered at 8am for pt with Hgb of 5 not given til 5pm. Saw 2 new grads start after me and left before 4 months because they were afraid for their license. Laziest charge nurse ever. Just listened and reported you. If you are a new traveler this isnt the place for you. Trust me. Was soooooo happy when those 13 weeks ended. Wouldnt go back for $100.00 an hour. Some companies are offering a thousand dollar bonus...first red flag. And my skills are on point. 08/03/2014 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was ?. Housing was located in city of fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Not much to do here.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. HORRIBLE place. The nurse manager will find any reason to let a travel nurse go. and does not honor contracts 12/27/2013 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Had to find own housing. IE hotel.
- I worked in the Critical Care Unit department(s) in the hospital. "Gun Shot Alley Facility" High crime area where it was known patients were found on ER steps rolled out post being shot. Not nurse friendly nor safe. A military substandard "Barney Fife" town for racial profiling and looking to give you a very pricey $$$$$ ticket for 1 mile over speed limit.I Thank Goodness for cruise control. You float to substandard old units where patient to nurse ratios are high. I did local travel contract here. No fun activities except "Walmart". One dingy military back in time town. 09/02/2013 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was any hotel. Housing was located in city of fayeteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Just pray that no red bugs
- I worked in the Stepdown Chest pain over flow department(s) in the hospital. The hospital itself is mostly staffed by travelers. They come and go like water flowing down hill. Those of us that do stay and work here end up pulling our hair out. The I worked on two South which is what they call stepdown and cardiac overflow. First off this unit is a catch all for everything. The manager Laura Gaitley is the worse sort of liar there is. If her lips are moving she is telling a lie. The patient load is always 6 to 1. The report system there is the sbar. No they do not call report to you when you are getting a patient from the ed or other units. Most times what is on the sbar is not correct, and you have no other way of getting information about the patient. Transport brings the patient to the room and leaves them without telling the nurse and the charge nurses (Alisha Horne) are more interested in being on their cell phones than helping if a nurse is overloaded. In fact, if she has to take a patient which is very very rare she starts crying until they call someone in at 1100 at night. The house supervisors are known for coming to the floors and harassing nurses or firing them in the middle of the shift. As a nurse at this hospital I felt like my license was always in danger due to the practice of not giving report on patients. I tell every traveler that talks to me about this hospital to run as fast as they can from here. 08/13/2013 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I got my home housing. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I got my own housing in the Extended Stay Hotels
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. This hospital overall seems highly disorganized. Over worked staff with no support. Overall morale is extremely low hospital wide. 12/09/2012 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Reserve at Carrington Place. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Housing was one bedroom, nice complex. By far the best thing about this assignment.
Click here for advertising info