Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Cape Fear Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||1.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.6|
|3. Hospital Technology||2|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.6|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.6|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.6|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.4|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.8|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.4|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.2|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.2|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||33.8(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the icu department(s) in the hospital. The manager informed us there was a 350 million doolar overage in overtime.My coworkers very loud and use foul language routinely.I was asked if I was laughing and talking loudly at station? No that was your staff. Call from my company cancelled. This manager is known for cancelling traveler, I believe its just due inability to assess needs.When the staff are being called off thats never a good sign for any traveler. 08/06/2018 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was fayetteville. Housing was located in city of fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. this is a military town don't go out after dark.
- I worked in the Mother/Baby department(s) in the hospital. 5 couplets every day. No help from regular staff. Did everything they could to get you fired. Had the highest acuity patients. Left their phone with you so they could go to lunch and would stay for longer than 30 minutes. Then would not take your phone so you could go to lunch. Handed off patients to you when regular staff sent home for low census -- tasks not done, afternoon assessments not done, meds late and not given expecting you to do and give. No teamwork, no help. Not a good assignment. 03/30/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Value Place. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Felt unsafe there. Room by elevator and people were knocking on my door at night. Was close to hospital. Price okay.
- I worked in the MedSurg department(s) in the hospital. Not impressed with how the facility handles their patient's healthcare. A lot of the staff either don't care or are unaware of providing competent healthcare. Not a great deal of support from other disciplines, especially the RT's, and staff nurses. Scariest thing is that some of the staff nurses act as if they know a great deal but in actuality they are clueless. Would not recommend working here at all. 04/21/2015 Housing was approximately <1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- Housing available at great rates but the Hospital is much to be desired!!! 06/13/2013 Housing was approximately .5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Quality Inn. Housing was located in city of Fayettville . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I worked in the 2 South department(s) in the hospital. Never, EVER Again!!!!! Morally horrible place be an employee and patient!
- I worked in the Postpartum department(s) in the hospital. Couplet care standard was 5-6 patients to one nurse. Patient were not grouped together (you could be in hall A,B,C & D) all over the large floor. The charge nurses would assign all the high acuity pts to the travel nurses. So you could have 5 or 6 couplets with 3-4 of them high acuity of care. The staff did not care that the travel nurses never got a break or lunch. Very little nearly no teamwork. No evidence base policies. 12/04/2012 Housing was approximately 1.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended stay. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Housing was horrible. Dirty, someone was raped at the facility, multiple fights nearly everyday, women of the night littered the complex.
Click here for advertising info