Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Florida Hospital Tampa
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.8||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.5||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.3||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.5||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.5||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3||5.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.8||3.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.5||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.8||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.3||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3||3.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.8||3.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2||2.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.7||3.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.3||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.3||3.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||55.1(6)||66.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the CIU department(s) in the hospital. I actually did two assignments here. I loved the unit and the manager at the time was amazing, I still keep in touch with here at times. the staff on the unit were very nice and welcoming. The work load was like any cardiac PCU from pacemakers to post TAVRs, CABGs. I learned at lot there. Ratios were difficult at times; 4/5 pts per RN, because its Florida. I didn't use the cafeteria and didn't float as much. The hospital is right next to University of South Florida; my Alma Mater. 01/15/2019 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was links at pebble creek. Housing was located in city of tampa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I was my first assignment and I took the agency housing. it was nice about 15 min from work.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. I worked one contract here. Some of the other travelers that started the same day as I did had gone by the end of the first week and many of the others called their agencies to get them out of this ER. It's dangerous for the patients and your license. Many times charge nurses pull patients out of rooms and place them in hallways while giving the nurse new patients in the empty rooms (you get to keep the hall pts too). They tried to give one traveler a 9 patient load one night when it was time for the mid-shift to leave. They give the impression they don't care about anyone, staff, travelers, and especially the patients 08/06/2015 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of Tampa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. This is a very rough area of town to live. Lots of crime and poverty
- I worked in the Neuro dept department(s) in the hospital. Staff are expected to stand for entire shift, always low on required supplies like linen or briefs, electronics are always broken 02/08/2015 The name of the housing complex was Arbor walk. Housing was located in city of 4. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Bad area full of crime, was told by housing that it was in a good area
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Do not work at this hospital unless you want to put your license on the line everyday. 3 travelers quit after 1 shift. I only did an 8 wk assignment, and it was the worst hospital I have ever worked at. 11/16/2014 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of Tampa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I stayed with relatives.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. The staff are friendly and helpful. They have a great system in place with their first assist program. The Doctors are among the worst I have encountered with respect to the treatment of the staff. The surgeons yell, curse and berate staff. They treated travelers even worse. The Neurosurgeons were great, but most of the rest of the physicians were extremely rude and unprofessional. I witnessed a surgeon and a nurse in a verbal altercation that had it occurred in public they would have been arrested. 05/18/2014 Housing was approximately 14 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Citrus Falls. Housing was located in city of Town and Country?. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the PCU department(s) in the hospital. I would work there full time, but would like to keep traveling. Every nurse was extremely helpful and never made me incompetent for asking questions. I was never treated as a "traveler." 08/27/2012 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Citrus falls . Housing was located in city of Citrus Park. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
Click here for advertising info