Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Kaiser Santa Clara
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.1||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.1||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.3||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.4||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.9||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.9||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.1||2.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.3||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.9||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2||2.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.6||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||1.4||1.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.4||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.9||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.9||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.7||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.9||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.3||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||40.2(7)||34.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Tele department(s) in the hospital. The charting is impossible, lots of double even triple documenting. Feels very redundant. Staff mostly nice. Some staff suspicious/ not trusting of travelers. Techs do not help with much and even if they wanted to help, they are so understaffed they're never available. You do EVERYTHING. Run, stay far far way. This is the hardest job I've ever had and I've been in the field for 17 years. I dreaded coming to work, EVERYDAY. 06/21/2020 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was hotel. Housing was located in city of Sunnyvale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. This hospital intends to get travel nurses to work where they can staff the most and put their licenses on the danger. I work in ICU and they send me to step down unit all the time to have 3 patients. These patients have trach, on tube feed, on pressors, total care, poop all the time, contract isolation, hemodynamics concernable, demanding family, and other issues. There is no PCAs at all time. This hospital is always short of staff due to exhausted and frustrated staff. That alone is enough of an alarm for travelers to know that this place is not safe nor satisfactory. They even assigned patients to me to care for by myself when the orientation NOT finished yet. That is a RED flag that they are willing to endanger your licene. I want to telll all travelers to NOT ever work at this branch of hospital. 09/30/2016 Housing was approximately Na mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Na. Housing was located in city of Na. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Na
- I worked in the Labor/Delivery department(s) in the hospital. HORRIBLE EXPIERENCE! The Manager not once thought it was inmportant to Introduce herself, but had the NERVE TO THEN CALL ON THE UNIT PHONE from the front desk to a back desk to ask me to due overtime! Is it any wonder why the majority of the staff had a nasty attitude?
The expectation on this unit was......They can talk to you disrespectfully, unbelievably unprofessionally and you as the Traveler are suppose to lap
all that up in Silence and with a smile! They were clearly intimidated by anyone that showed any sense of professionalism and had a problem with their outrageous behavior. Staff Nurses and doctors take part in the "Witch Hunts"! BEWARE!! Do yourself a favor, work somewhere else! They clearly missed the memo, " RESPECT IS A TWO WAY STREET" Kaiser also has this CRAZY time keeping system that only affects Travelers that work on "NIGHT SHIFT", Weekend Shifts!
If the contract is for 36/week....it winds up in every Calander known to man except "Kaiser's" the RN working 48 hours in 1 week and 24 hours the next!! They make no excuses for it and if you have taken company housing it WILL CREATE A NIGHTMARE DUE TO SHORTAGE OF HOURS. I believe my company knew this and when it occurred they SWORE they had NO IDEA.... IT NEVER CAME UP BEFORE! Lucky for me I did not have company housing! BEWARE!!! I think this is a system wide payroll practice for nightshift.
07/27/2015 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was On my own. Housing was located in city of Santa Clara. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Private Housing
- I worked in the Neuro department(s) in the hospital. Do not go here. Kaiser over staffs with travelers and then cancels contracts. They will make up stories and threaten your license to get you out of there. They do not like travelers, they are suspicious of travelers, and will tell you the very first day that nurses travel because "they can't hold onto a permanent job". They will account for every minute of your time and make sure you are constantly running. They will demean you and yell at you in front of patients and families on your first day. The new assistant manager is very insecure an afraid of competition, and the old manager stands by her and supports her demeaning travelers. They will criticize everything you do and order you to leave the unit before your charting is completed. They float you 3 times in a 12 hour shift. They send you home when it suits them and then make you come in on a weekend. Do not be fooled by "exclusive contracts". Find another hospital in the area. 10/20/2014 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Boardwalk. Housing was located in city of Santa Clara. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Mother Baby department(s) in the hospital. Do Not Go To This Hospital. If you are a traveler be ready for them to throw you into the fire and to the wolves! Management does not care about your satisfaction one bit. You as a traveler may be frequently left on your own without help or resources. They only time I saw the charge nurse was when she wanted to ask me one of two questions: "Have you had your break?" or "Can you work tomorrow?" Besides that, she usually didn't bother to care about my existence. Even when calling for help lifting you are often times stranded. Maybe that is why this hospital has one of the worst records in the state for back injuries and admits so. No Techs! Means you are scrambling. Saving a dollar is paramount to safety concerning this hospital. Do not be fooled by the shiny new exterior, this is a stressful and overloaded work environment for nurses. BEWARE. 01/05/2014 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Commons. Housing was located in city of Santa Clara. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Great Housing, close to the Pruneyard and great shopping and restaurants.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Its union, geared more for the staffers than the travelers. And with AMN, travelers make less than staffers. No overtime, no call. The doctors are so nice, even nicer than the employees. All in all its a good assignment and has its pros and cons. 01/12/2013 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Commons. Housing was located in city of Campbell. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Orchard Glen. Housing was located in city of Santa Clara. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. 08/08/2012 Beautiful, safe, with great amenities. Granite counter-tops, washer/dryer in unit, fireplace, spacious closet. I work nights and this facility is very quiet with good window coverings for maximum darkness...everything a night RN needs.
Click here for advertising info