Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Evergreen Hospital Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.7|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.9|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.1|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.7|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.1|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.4|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.9|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.9|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.7|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.6|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.7|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.3|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.6|
|17. How well staffed are they||2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.1|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.1|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||51.4(7)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Very low staff morale. There is a tech on night turn who acts like she is manager and bullied staff. Management does nothing about it. Lack of experienced nurses because high turn over rate 10/19/2020 The name of the housing complex was N/a. Housing was located in city of Kirkland . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Didn’t use company provided housing
- I worked in the 5 silver department(s) in the hospital. I worked on 5 Silver and it was the worst experience I have ever had as a traveler. This unit treats travelers like dirt on the bottom of their shoe. Their core staff will have 3 easy patients and will be online shopping while all the travelers and floated staff will have 4 crazy patients. The core staff including most of the charge nurses are lazy and throw attitude when asked to help with the rougher patients given to travelers and floated staff. Not only are the core staff lazy, but much of the time they are off the unit on breaks. This is especially annoying when there are no cnas on the floor to answer call lights and help with cleaning up the total care patients. And this is the only unit that implemented turn team where every two hours two RNs have to go around and turn all their total care patients on a turn list. What a waste of resources. And most of the time you would go in to turn said patients and they would be drenched in urine. So bad one time it flowed off the bed to the floor. When I informed the core staff nurse she just shrugged and didn’t seem to care. The core staff is mostly on one side of the unit and then the rest of us are on what the charge nurse called the overflow side. She even called the patients on the overflow side the junk patients or more difficult/crazy patients. The unit manager is difficult and her negative first impression never improved. She is rude, unfriendly, unkind and easily frazzled. She was like working with a high strung chihuahua. She is unwilling to work with anyone on scheduling. Nobody got the schedule they wanted and even her core staff has to trade days to get a half way decent schedule and you better believe they aren’t switching with you unless it benefits them. I only need 1 day off my entire contract and she scheduled me that day then refused to work with me on switching it. You better be willing to work whatever schedule she gives you. Every patient at this hospital is on precautions. You sneeze, droplet precautions for you. Smokers cough, droplet precautions for you. Diarrhea secondary to bowel prep, enteric precautions for you. Diarrhea secondary to bowel care protocol, enteric precautions for you. So safe to say 4 out of 5 patients are on some form of precautions. Oh and fun fact the aids who have 8 patients do not do accuchecks along with not turning or cleaning patients. Second fun fact the cnas on this floor are on a screwy 8 hr shift, so you never know who your cna is because they also get floated away or placed in sitter rooms at any given time with no notice to the nursing staff. This hospital is a glorified LTAC, most accute patients get sent out to other hospitals like Overlake and Virginia Maison. The on boarding orientation was unorganized and useless. It is not geared well toward travelers. This hospital is known in the community for labor and delivery. The census drops fast and they ask for voluntary low census a lot. This hospital uses the union as the reason to dump on travelers and use them as float pool. If you like floating a lot then this might be the place for you. If you want to work on your CIWA or restraint charting this would be a wonderful opportunity for you. 06/18/2018 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Montebello . Housing was located in city of Kirkland . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Very nice apartment, but has some parking issues and is a bit pricey
- I worked in the CCU department(s) in the hospital. CCU travelers are used as float pool in this hospital, don't kid yourself, you will be floated a lot. I was lied to in my interview with unit manager and told we only float to PCU and Tele which is an outright lie. Been floated everywhere except ED thus far. I even floated over to the Acute Rehab department. Most of the staff feel that because we are travelers and not part of the union we have no rights and should just take what we get and shut up. I've actually heard this come out of core staff's mouths on two separate units on two separate occasions. It's hit or miss on the core staff friendliness. I've met some that are exceptionally helpful and nice and some that are just super lazy and whine if you ask them for help. You don't have to pay for parking which is nice and the hospital itself is newer and has most of what you need. The staffing and strange patient room swapping for no reason leaves a lot to be desired though. Just be aware if you want to work in critical care, this may not be the place for you. 05/19/2018 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was montibello. Housing was located in city of kirkland. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the 2purple/cardiac post procedure department(s) in the hospital. Unit called 2 purple.
No charge nurse for 12 bed post procedure unit. CNA's often shorted. The unit secretary ended up making patient assignments making decisions on who gets admits. During breaks RN patient ratio was 1:12-12 if the unit was full and they had only staffed with 2 RN's. Often used as PCU overflow but not staffed for PCU patients. First time in my career I have been worried about my license. 11/23/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Self . Housing was located in city of Seattle . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Self housing took stipend
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. It's a cake assignment. The DoN's desire is to get rid of travelers. I've been in the ICU for nearly three years and we still make up half their staff. Which would lead you to believe it is a hell hole. This is not the case, they just seem to have hiring policies that get in their own way. Two to one ratios for what are basically glorified PCU patients. If you want to run around crazy all night while your patients hover between life and death, this is probably not the place for you. Travelers are treated like staff. 24hr Hospitalist (who are great) for the hospital, but not unit specific. There are things I could complain about, but would be embarrassing compared to other assignments I have had. Travelers basically fill holes in the schedule. It is possible to get a set schedule, but if you are set to a M-T-W schedule, it will be problematic. Basic tipical ICU patients (except a lot of DT's?) Kirkland is a pleasant little town, but very high cost of living and housing. 20 bed unit with some float to PCU (mostly during the summer). Very busy August to the end of December, with a lot of opportunity for OT. HRN is the primary travel agency (my agency), but they also use Cross Country and now American Mobile. We have great travelers from American Mobile (though that agency sucks). 04/01/2014 The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of Kirkland. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I actually live in Seattle. I work nights so I am leaving Seattle as everyone is coming home, and in the AM I am coming home as everyone is leaving Seattle. Traffic in Seattle is crazy, not dangerous crazy, just slow, preoccupied, stop and smell the accident wandering.
- I worked in the L department(s) in the hospital. Loved the LDRP unit. They still use QS/Cerner which is much easier to use for labor than EPIC. The unit was understaffed at times, so everyone was happy to see travelers. It was a local assignment for me, so no housing used. My schedule just filled their holes, so it was really inconsistent, which was really frustrating as a night shifter. The charge nurses definitely play favorites and the same nurses get to sit night after night while some (like me) are the work horses. Overall though, a great experience! 01/24/2013 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of na. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Legacy at River Park. Housing was located in city of Redmond. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. 01/11/2012 The leasing office staff are awesome!! This is a very animal friendly apartment complex. They have a great park and bike/walking path next to the complex and is by the river. Very close to shopping, Redmond Town Center is literally a few blocks away, but you would never know it!! Lots of trees and bike paths.
Click here for advertising info