Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Contra Costa Regional Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.4||1.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.9||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.3||1.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.3||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2||1.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.9||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.3||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.9||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.7||1.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.4||1.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.3||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.4||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.3||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.6||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.4||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.3||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.1||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||48.2(7)||20.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Mother baby department(s) in the hospital. The most disorganized hospital/unit I've ever worked at. Every time I came in to work, the assignments aren't done. It is not a locked unit. Medsurg is connected to the unit and confused old patients have wandered into the unit before. No private rooms and they have to share the bathrooms. Disgusting. You get floated to be a sitter in medsurg at least 3x a month. And they are so severely understaffed you will sometimes be forced to sit for 2 patients regardless of how violent or confused they are. 8h shifts only. You'll work almost every weekend. It's very strict baby friendly and it shows. This is the only hospital where I've seen newborn weight loss down to 11-13% CONSISTENTLY. If you work evenings, you can bet you will leave work late because the 2 full time night nurses come in late every night. Don't expect the manager to do anything about it because they are her friends. The manager micromanages and hovers around the unit on day and evening shift. No overtime ever for travelers, and they adjust your time cards ever week to make sure you don't get paid a minute past 40 hours. The only good thing about this place is free parking 02/17/2021 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb. Housing was located in city of Pleasant Hill. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. N/a
- I worked in the Mother/Baby department(s) in the hospital. Staff was rude and unhelpful. No sense of teamwork. Scheduled was a disaster. Finalized schedule constantly changed without notification or asking. Scheduler never returns calls or emails then called my company stating I refused to work additional shifts after she mistakenly scheduled me for 2 shifts instead of five. That conversation never took place. Also says I call the staffing office to claim I didn’t know I was working to be cancelled. Never enough computers or dynamaps. Staff nurses don’t have to clock in, just fill out a time sheet so they never show up on time and you’re always there past your shift. Staffing office doesnt send staffing up until five minutes before the next shift, if you’re lucky, so assignments are never done until 15 minutes after your shift ends/begins. Very negative attitudes. Overall a terrible experience. 08/14/2019 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private housing. Housing was located in city of Napa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Almost all of the workers were very friendly and made an effort to get to know me. The acuity level of these patients is very low, so the work was not difficult. The main issue I had was with staffing and how often I was floated to other floors. The staffing department was kind of a mess - they didn't send the staffing sheet until a couple of minutes before shift change so there was always a scramble to make assignments and go to another floor if you were being floated. And sometimes I would be sent to a floor, who would then send me to another floor. I was often floated between 2 M/S floors, a tele floor, and the ED. Several weeks I only spent 1 full shift in the ICU. Most of the hospital is on 8hr shifts, while travelers are on 12hr shifts. So you may start off the shift on the floor and then 8hrs later, get floated back to ICU or to another floor to work for 4 hours. Also this hospital has a lot of psych patients/dementia patients that require 1:1 sitters and I would often get pulled to do that when there was a shortage of CNAs. So I would literally be sitting in a room for 12hrs with a patient who was constantly trying to leave the room or get out of bed. 12/14/2017 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Plumtree Apartments. Housing was located in city of Martinez. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. pool and small gym on the property, one covered parking spot, office staff is very nice
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Terrible to travelers, get assigned 4 critical pts with minimal help. Asked to write false documentation. Witnessed false documentation. Some rude and lazy CNA's. 09/01/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private housing. Housing was located in city of Crockett. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. ...
- I worked in the med surg department(s) in the hospital. This hospital is HORRIBLE! Unsafe practices and working conditions. Staff and doctors don't know what they are talking about. Across the street from Ft. Sill, lots of young military people. They test bombs every Wednesday morning, not fun for a night shifter to try and fall asleep to. Lawton itself is ghetto, nothing to do there. You have to drive an hour into OKC for everything. STAY AWAY! 01/22/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Regency Apartments. Housing was located in city of Lawton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Furnished in this town mean they provide you with furniture, thats it. NO linens, no dishes, nothing.
- Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay. Housing was located in city of pleasant hill. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. 02/04/2013 I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Impressed that the managers will step-up, put on scrubs, and help out. This is a rarity these days. Stayed in an Extended Stay in Pleasanton. Safe neighborhood, within walking distance of the BART station. Close to shopping, located right off freeway.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. 12/28/2011 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Plum Tree Apartments. Housing was located in city of Martinez. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
Click here for advertising info