Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Kaiser San Francisco
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.9||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.7||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.7||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.1||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.6||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.4||2.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.9||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.9||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.3||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3||5.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2||1.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.7||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.9||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.1||2.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2||2.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2||2.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.3||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2||3.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||42.1(7)||44.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the CVICU/ICU department(s) in the hospital. I floated EVERY SINGLE SHIFT. I worked 12hr Days and some days floated every 4hrs. I had never worked in med/surg before and floated there every day. I think I was in the CVICU like 3 times during my 13 week contract. My schedule was set. We received a "skeleton" schedule of a 2 week duration, which would then repeat over and over for the 13 weeks. Staffing office proclaimed no switches for travelers. Days off had to be negotiated in your contract, no exceptions. If you don't mind floating everyday and having a set schedule, this place wasn't too bad. Orientation was a bit of a joke, so you would need to come with previous experience and confidence in your job. I found housing on Airbnb in Potrero Hill and drove to work. $5 a day to park in the parking garage that was very close to the hospital. 04/24/2019 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AirBnb. Housing was located in city of San Francisco. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I took the stipend and found my own housing.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. The staff was amazing! I would go back if I could. The nurses are very helpful and treated us like family! We went to Napa and Sonoma together and hiking. They always had activities planned outside of work and the employees participated. They always included the traveler's as well. The almost all of the doctors were amazing. The couple that were more difficult to work with treated you the same as the staff nurses. They were just difficult to work with no matter who you were. Management was very involved and they're scheduler treated you like full time staff. She attempted to give traveler's days off if you wanted them even though they weren't in your contract. Only downside is they schedule overtime based on seniority so as a traveler you almost never get overtime. I only worked 4 hrs OT and it was because I worked 3p-3a and they were slammed when it was time for me to leave and asked me to stay til 7a. My travel partner never worked overtime. 09/22/2017 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was OceanAire. Housing was located in city of Pacifica. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. This was company provided. Very clean and easy to work with. Fully furnished and pet friendly.
- I worked in the 4Center- Med Surg department(s) in the hospital. I came to work in ICU. Once I got there the manager had no idea I was coming. She didn't have a position for me. They hired too many travelers. I was willing to float so I was basically in float pool. However, my manager was for Med-Surg 3Center and 4Center. 3Center is an 8 bed overflow unit only for travelers and Per Diem staff now. Easy pt load. It just gets looked over and staffing isn't the best since it's not full time union employees. The staffing office is extremely disfunctional. The staff is helpful and friendly. Be prepared to be cancelled. I was lucky but 5 travelers were cancelled after they verbally extended their contract. The hospital didn't even call them to let them know. They showed up for work to find out they were cancelled. I lived in Pacific Heights. Very experience but super safe area to live, walking distance to work, tons of shopping and restaurants. 08/10/2017 The name of the housing complex was found private housing.. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I found private housing.
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. Terrible staffing ratios, residents almost never labor down patients... Management has no responsibility... Makes agreements then goes back on that agreement behind ur back... Uncooperative with schedule requests... Very understaffed and overworked - especially as a traveler - u may have 6 nurses without pts & u will definitely have 2 (if they are "B" patients)... Even if u bring up ur concerns, they say that's just how it is... The nurses are very friendly overall... but there are a few charge nurses that work the travelers to death... the money's great but that is the ONLY silver lining 02/27/2017 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Craigslist in outer sunset. Housing was located in city of San Francisco. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Craigslist is an excellent resource or multiple FB groups ...
- Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was great pick my own. Housing was located in city of Pleasanton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. 11/29/2012 housing not the issue. Pleasanton is a place where great schools for kids. You can walk and bike around the city.
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. Hospital was always understaffed and staff employees often came in crying because they hated their jobs so much. Extremely unsafe care. Managers never available and got into a fight at the desk my first day there (only time I ever saw them). Two travelers left after only a week. Computer charting is completely backwards - bad care policies, and HORRIBLE pt care ratios. Made a staff member work who was infected with c. diff. How awful for pregnant moms and babies! 09/03/2012 Housing was approximately 18 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Own. Housing was located in city of Berkeley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the 7south department(s) in the hospital. Awful management. Travelers got crapped on. 8hr shifts only - 5 days a week. Regular staff friendly to travelers, but management was not. very unorganized. 06/09/2011 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own. Housing was located in city of sf. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. none
Click here for advertising info