Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Memorial Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.1|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.9|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.1|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.1|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.1|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.1|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.9|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.7|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.1|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.4|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.7|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.6|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.6|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.7|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.7|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.6|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||43.5(7)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Ortho/Neuro/Trauma department(s) in the hospital. Things I did not like:
-Taking 7 patients
-Having an assignment that spandex two wings of the unit(wrap around)
-Taking an admission every night, even if you admitted a patient the previous night, and all your patients are still there, they will take one of yours so you have to take 1-2 admissions.
-Admission process tedious and extremely time consuming.
-Some techs have unchecked poor attitudes.
-Some portion of patient meds missing every day.
Things I liked:
-Secure parking garage.
-Food in cafe was good.
-Nice gift shop.
-Physicans were fairly easy to work with.
-Town is small making for a short commute.
-Notre Dame games cause problems with finding affordable housing options.
Overall, I was pleased when the contract was over. I felt extremely overworked and exhausted. I was so fatigued throughout this contract that I didn't even have the energy to explore the area. I slept my off time away. I would not recommend this facility.
02/26/2017 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Candlewood suites. Housing was located in city of South Bend. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. The Hotel I finally settled on offered free laundry, gym, a pantry, outdoor area, and a affordable rate for long term workers.
- I worked in the telemetry department(s) in the hospital. No CNA's for traveler. I was told if you have 5 patient, you do not get at tech. They made sure traveler never received more than five patient. Patient were total care patients. Run from this place!!! not friendly to travelers. 02/23/2017 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of n/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. none
- I worked in the Ortho/Neuro/Trauma department(s) in the hospital. Nurse to patient ratio up to 1:7 although I was quoted a max of 1:6 during the interview. There were only two charge nurses that would take a patient or two to prevent assigning nurses 7 patients. Patient care techs have very bad attitudes. There were three there that were helpful. The pharmacy really needs to become more efficient. 90% of the time I struggled to get all the patient's medication. Beware your assignment might be on two different halls (wrap around). 01/09/2017 Housing was approximately 4-5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Candlewood Suites. Housing was located in city of South Bend. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Free laundry, cable and internet. Spacious suite. Pleasant staff. Nice workout Facility. Grilling area. Great access to the airport.
- I worked in the CVICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked in CVICU and agree 100% with the previous comment. Staff was terribly unfriendly and unhelpful until several weeks into my contract after they got to know me. Assignments were unfair. I felt like my license was at risk frequently because of the unfair assignments and understaffing. The regular staff all hate their jobs, and some of them have terrible morale; they only stay because of the high pay. Physician morale is low as well. Charting is Meditech, which is a terrible system. The hospital is terrible in general and has a horrible reputation around Jacksonville. This is an HCA hospital. It was overall a terrible experience aside from the few wonderful staff members I met while I was there. The only positive thing about this assignment was that I loved Jacksonville, and I made some great friends along the way. 12/08/2015 The name of the housing complex was Spyglass . Housing was located in city of Jacksonville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Great amenities, short term leases available, pet friendly, but very expensive.
- I worked in the CVICU department(s) in the hospital. The only good thing about this assignment was the people I met along the way (also travelers) and the place where I lived. The hospital has a terrible reputation, they are understaffed every day, and the place is filthy. The full time workers there are miserable also, but apparently the hospital pays well, which is why they stay. The charge nurses are clueless and are pretty new also, so they aren't able to help you with questions you may have because they don't know the answers either. So, if you can look past the terrible hospital, the town is great...tons to do and beaches are nice. 11/16/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Sailcove. Housing was located in city of Jacksonville . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. We got a fully furnished, all inclusive place, and we don't have any big complaints. The place is nice, close to everything, and close to the hospital.
- Housing was approximately 1.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Greens at Cross Court. Housing was located in city of Easton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. 03/10/2009
- I worked in the Main OR department(s) in the hospital. I did not have a good experience with this hospital. The staff is over worked on their second shift (3-11). The travelers make up the staff for this shift there is two full time RN's and one full time OR tech. The hospital is not up to date and very cheap. The morale of the department is bad toward travlers. I think it's that way because they know you're not going to be there long. This by far is the only assignment that I couldn't waite to be over. 01/24/2008 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was ST.John Plantation. Housing was located in city of Jacksonville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
Click here for advertising info