Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Beebe Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.9|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.6|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.9|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.1|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.9|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.3|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.4|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.9|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.2|
|17. How well staffed are they||3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.8|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||63.4(10)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Emergency Room department(s) in the hospital. To begin with you work in two systems ibex and cerner, only cerner once patient has admission orders. Staff is rude. Charge nurses are lazy and hateful. They do not care what sick patients you have they will continue to load you down with patients. You get very little help. There is a back section here called lean and when you are there you have no tech help or other nurse help with sick patients. Management is nice and open to listening but nothing changes. It is a very hard hospital to work in with the lack of staff and teamwork. Most of the staff acted stuck up to travelers and as if they do not know how to do their jobs yet they would give you some of the sickest patients. And pumps for medications don't count on it. Holding patients from anywhere to 12 to 44 hrs. ER docs were nice but admission MDs were rude and didn't listen. ER docs rarely put central lines in sick patients who need them they keep calling PICC team which is not an emergent need. I could go on more but that's just the beginning. 11/03/2016 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Arnell Creek. Housing was located in city of Rehoboth Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. This hospital has been sued several times because they let people die. They allow their doctors to be very lazy with unnecessary protocols that the nurses have to initiate and it takes up much of the nurse's time. They don't actually treat the patient. When you clock in, you will have 4 patients waiting for you that are usually very sick and not even on the monitor. You rarely receive help from regular staff unless your patient is coding because that's exciting for them. Good luck if your patient is decompensating; the doctors are not well trained and do not care if you show concern. For example, my pt was very SOB and needed a PE protocol scan. We had to wait until the GFR came back in order to scan her-she had a huge PE that ended up killing her in the ED; we could have intervened faster if there weren't so many stupid protocols. Some of the doctors are friendly but many of them are very rude and sarcastic to travelers. This is a poor quality hospital. They also fired a regular staff member during our last week there because she was stealing/diverting narcotics and pulling them under only the travelers names!! The location is fun for the summer since you are at the beach; other seasons don't bother. The charge nurses make your work day much harder than it needs to be. 10/11/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Fairway Village. Housing was located in city of Lewes. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. Cafeteria food pricey. Nice area to explore and tons of things to do. Beaches close by Ocean City, Rehoboth, Dewey, and Bethany. Orientation very Traveler friendly. One full week of Hospital orientation with two 12hr shifts on the floor. Unnecessary testing. Had an additional urine drug screen along with a PPD on the first day of orientation. This facility doesn't hire smokers. I assume that is why they had you repeat another urine drug screen? Because I witnessed other travelers be "left go" before they even finished orientation and got to the floor. 10/29/2014 Housing was approximately 9 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RV Park. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Great place for a first time traveler. Not to big, but traveler friendly to allow you to get your feet wet.
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. 10/08/2014 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RV. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the three days in CVICU the rest I floated department(s) in the hospital. Obviously put no floating except to ICU in your contract.
You will triple and even quadruple in this crappy joke of an ICU.
I have never seen MDs scream at and degrade nurses the way they do here. Never.
I walked in to ICU and was assigned a pt who was NOT intubated and on a propofol not precedex drip. Manager Kathy was absolutely indifferent. I refused the assignment called my agency and said this contract is over as of now and I am glad that I did.
This place made national news several times, once for a dead guy in the ER lobby who had just been discharged, for a pt who woke up in the morgue, as well as trying to cover up the unspeakable crimes of Earl Bradley.
I got very bad vibes when I walked in the door and I was relieved to leave this place. 09/13/2014 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AirBnB. Housing was located in city of Ocean View. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I took the stipend.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Beebe is an awesome first assignment. Everyone is so accomadating and kind. It definitely has a small town appeal and is right next to the beach. Lots of nightlife in the area. Close to major metro areas such as Annapolis (1.5 hr), Baltimore (2 hr), Philadelphia (2 hr), Washington D.C. (2 hr), NYC (3.5 hr). Only negatives are to be assumed from travelers anyway, I am often trippled and the physician communication is less than par. Nursing staff is awesome, but, I often find I am fighting with doctor's to get what is best for my patients. Overall, definitely recommend =)! 05/16/2014 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Found my own in Bayview Crossing. Housing was located in city of Lewes. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing, in Bayview crossing, the condos are awesome and we got this through www.vrbo.com. This is definitely a beachtown though, so if coming in the summer-be prepared to be spending a good amount or to live a little further away.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. very safe area to live. Lots of shopping, tax free outlets. 09/26/2013 Housing was approximately 1.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was 5 points. Housing was located in city of Lewes. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the PCU department(s) in the hospital. Great beach, lots of tax free shopping in the outlet malls, great restaurants. 06/04/2013 Housing was approximately 17 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I RV it. Housing was located in city of lincoln. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I stayed in an RV park. very nice, quiet for sleeping during the day. very friendly staff.
- Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was TERRMINO. Housing was located in city of LEWES. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. 01/11/2013 WE HAS A 3 BED 2-1/2 BATH TOWNHOUSE THAT WAS OUTFITTED WITH EVERYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLE NEED EXCEPT SHEETS AND TOWELS WE HAD TO GO BUY THOSE. CLEANLINESS WAS ALSO AN ISSUE BUT AFTER I CLEANED EVERYTHING IT WAS FINE. THE LIVINGROOM FURNITURE WAS OLD AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE BUT OTHERWISE WE LIKED OUR ACCOMADATIONS.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Wonderful first travel assignment, the staff made me feel like family, Not given the bad assignments or treated like an outsider. Staff are very friendly and welcoming of travelers. Beautiful area, housing was great. Would definitely come back. 07/24/2007 Housing was approximately 1.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was 5 points (condo). Housing was located in city of lewes. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Fairly new, 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo just a couple of miles from the ocean. beautiful area. Soundproofing isn't great and furniture was a bit uncomfortable but overall a great place to live.
Click here for advertising info