Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: mission hospital medical center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.2|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.8|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.2|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.8|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.8|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.2|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.8|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.7|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.7|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.7|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.8|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.8|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||75.1(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the float pool and progressive care and stroke unit department(s) in the hospital. They use meditech which is not the best thing about this assignment but its not hard to learn and they give you plenty of time to learn it. They are planning on switching to epic in 2020. They allow you to self schedule on Kronos and accommodate travelers as well, they do a pretty good job of this at least in the pcsu and float pool tele units. Not sure about the other units. I floated on 8 different units and loved the telemetry floors. I worked nights. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have a lot of staff who are travelers here. This hospital has a great reputation and it is the only trauma level II and pediatric in south orange county. Given this, it does stay pretty busy, do not expect this to be an easy assignment if you are looking for a quiet spot to work. This is a beautiful location near a lot of places to sightsee. 12/16/2019 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was the residences on jamboree. Housing was located in city of Irvine. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I did not take housing, instead found my own in Irvine near the 405 where I could hop right on to commute to work. I lived 5 minutes from the John wayne airport which is more center of orange county, easier to get anywhere from here.
- I worked in the Tele department(s) in the hospital. Do not go here. Just say no. Travelers get worst assignments. Perm staff literally sitting around frowning and bored while you work yourself to death. You get the hardest assignment and nobody helps you out when patient is crashing. This is a very dangerous assignment for your patients and for your license. Don’t do it. Just say no! 12/01/2019 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended stay. Housing was located in city of Lake forest . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Buggy
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. Hospital undergoing renovations but overall clean and presentable. Staff was helpful and friendly, most assignments were fair and equal. Meditech system not ideal and only used for admission on my unit, all other charting done in CPN. Several travelers at the time, most extended or returned. 12/21/2016 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Personal housing. Housing was located in city of San Clemente. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Med/Tele department(s) in the hospital. The staff and management were very helpful and friendly. 06/05/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was extended Stay. Housing was located in city of Lake Forest. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the PACU department(s) in the hospital. Hospital staff extremely friendly and welcoming to travellers. Worked in PACU and the amount of call required was ridiculous so for that reason I would not return. The hospital itself treats its employees very well and it appeared that job satisfaction is high. Area is in OC and is very wealthy. More of a "bedroom/family" community. Lots of great shopping and easy access to surrounding areas. Not a good place for nightlife for a younger RN but great for families. Clean and very safe. 10/01/2013 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Vista Del Lago. Housing was located in city of Mission Viejo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Company Housing was very nice. Large unit, washer and dryer, Beautiful pools and tennis courts. Very clean and safe. Very large complex with lots of families so could be loud. Covered personal parking stall.
- I worked in the CCU department(s) in the hospital. Very safe, new area with lots of shops. Hospital next to major shopping mall. 20 minutes to Laguna Beach, hospital right off of Interstate 5. 1 hour from San Diego, 1 hour from LA. Physicians and nurses very nice to new travelers. 07/08/2007 Housing was approximately 1/2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was unsure. Housing was located in city of mission viejo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. washer, dryer. Free covered parking, pool, gym, jacuzzi. WAlk to the Mission Hospital.
Click here for advertising info