Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Jackson Madison Co General
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.6|
|3. Hospital Technology||2|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.4|
|5. Cafeteria food||2|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.8|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.8|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.2|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.6|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.4|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.8|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.4|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.6|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.6|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.6|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.4|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||56.6(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Icu department(s) in the hospital. Orientation is none. Definitely treated less than. Management ensures you know you’re not part of their team. You’re the first to float to anywhere they decide everyday you work. They pull floor nurses to work in the icu and icu to work the floor. Very dangerous. 12/16/2020 Housing was approximately 73 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Family home . Housing was located in city of Tupelo . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Mostly staffed with travelers but had new hires when I left. Great patient staff ratio. Management supportive and accomadating. ER built in different sections at different times so layout is weird. Physicians, staff and charge nurses great. Some over emphasis on minor things. 09/19/2017 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private rental. Housing was located in city of Bradford . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I rented my own house. My company not proactive in helping with locating housing. Great home with terrific landlord. A distance but doable and comfortable
- I worked in the C8 tele/medsurge department(s) in the hospital. The floor had great ratios. The weekend staff were only willing to help their friends. There was a lot of new grads. The hardly ever gave overtime to travelers, yet over work floorstaff. One of the Cardiologist completely disreguarded a patient having an acute mi. Travelers are floated first, sometimes twice a night. The floor management doesn't follow correctly with complaints/problems that may occur. Subway and Chick-fil-a are the only food options at night for staff. Dayshift has many options. I had to start bringing my own soap. I called one night 2times to have the employee bathroom soap filled up. The next night I came in and there still wasn't any soap. They locked up toilet paper and hand sanditizer refills so environmental services could come fill up at their leisure,not whem called. Resp on several occassions would document that they called you specifically and not actually call you, just called the desk and ask for the nurses last name. 03/25/2017 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private rental. Housing was located in city of Jackson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Na
- I worked in the Ortho department(s) in the hospital. Hospital is bigger than most (612 beds). Currently under construction and the room numbers and phone numbers are all screwed up. I work primarily weekends and the "Baylor" staff are great. Floating is okay to some floors. Got called off a lot (at least once every 2 weeks). Tried to get overtime without much luck. The city is definately growing lots of new stores and restaurants. Check out El Chico Mexican Restaurant if you are here. Great Steak fajitas. 07/12/2007 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Cherry Grove . Housing was located in city of Jackson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. All apartments have security alarms and in-unit washer and dryer. I lived in an upstairs apartment and had a huge picture window, vaulted ceilings, and a fireplace.
- I worked in the med surg/tele department(s) in the hospital. Management not there for staff(or at least nights), morale is low, overtime promised then cancellations b/c pool staff upset about not getting overtime but they are unwilling to work when needed, only when they want. Most staff i have encountered on my floor are great and appreciative for the help from agency nurses. Not a bad place, lots of paper charting, budget cuts so supplies (gloves, etc) run low alot. Housing is safe and close to facility. 05/20/2007 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Northridge Apartments. Housing was located in city of Jackson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Building in good shape, small pool, workout center. Safe so far, no problems. Parking a hassle at times, quiet during the day for us night people. Staff friendly and helpful.
Click here for advertising info