Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Mercy San Juan Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.6|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.4|
|5. Cafeteria food||3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.4|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||4|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.8|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.6|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.8|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.4|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.4|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||68.2(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the NEURO ICU/FLOAT department(s) in the hospital. Great Team Environment w/Excellent Management. Travelers are welcome by friendly staff members that go above and beyond to make sure you are supported. This is a wonderful place to work. Parking is Free, Easy, and Safe. 08/28/2020 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was FurnishedFinders/PRIVATE. Housing was located in city of Sacramento . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Recommend N.Natomas and/or Folsom Area for Housing
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the ER. The majority of staff was friendly to travelers, and tried to do the best they could with what they have. Was not allowed to work traumas. TONS of psych in this ER, long wait times, hall beds, boarding of patients. Acuity of patients tended to be low. There is usually plenty of security which was nice (and needed). The flow of the ER isn't good, and many physicians cherry pick the patients they want to see, so patients have extended wait times once bedded to a room. Most of the techs are helpful, and there is phlebotomy in the department. Depending on which staff is there, you could either have really awesome teamwork or you were pretty much on your own. The ER itself is long overdue for a renovation. Old, dim, just looks kind of dirty (even if it's just been cleaned). The hospital has a new tower which has nice rooms, but the old tower is very cramped and just doesn't appear clean. ER staff morale is pretty low, with frequent management changes. Parking at this hospital is a joke; there simply isn't enough. 04/15/2017 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I secured housing through AirBnB.
- I worked in the Neuro Tele department(s) in the hospital. I worked a complete 3-month contract and was happily signed to an extension. Things were great until they staffed up; suddenly I was being floated to other facilities. Their staffing office would call to float me to units where I had no experience, then threaten me if I didn't take the assignment. Soon after I voiced a complaint, I started getting manufactured patient complaints--each of which I could disprove through my charting. Then, the abruptly ended my contract pointing to "bad attitude" and an unstated patient error--I still don't know what I did wrong. My company seemed used to this and immediately placed me elsewhere. Still AVOID DIGNITY IN SACRAMENTO! 12/07/2014 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. I worked the night shift, and the night shift coordinator ran the department from her office. She was busy talking and flirting with EMS and PD staff. She was also responsible for the night shift schedule and I was told that travelers get the "left overs" so it wasn't uncommon to have one day on, one day off, etc. She was not willing to be flexible on the schedule at all. 05/09/2014 Housing was approximately NA mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of NA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. NA
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. The majority of the staff is hateful and negative and the charge nurses are to busy flirting to help. 10/02/2013 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Arden Acres. Housing was located in city of Sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Loved the place I lived was nice and quiet and friendly neighbors.
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. This unit is very traveler friendly and treat the travelers as they do their own staff. Travelers included in everything including training of new skills. 04/12/2007 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RV Park. Housing was located in city of Auburn. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I live full-time in a RV so find my own housing
Click here for advertising info