Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Vanderbilt Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.4||1.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.8||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.6||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.6||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.4||4.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.6||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.6||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.6||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.6||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.8||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.8||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.4||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.4||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.4||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.4||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||56.8(5)||43.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the 6 round wing/10 tower department(s) in the hospital. Very chaotic, no system one person advises totally opposite what another person advises. Clique staff unseasoned and angry manager. Active construction going on during nursing care..ripping up carpet and regluing in nurse's station had to literally dodge contractors to use computers. A bomb was found in West tower parkade near where I was parked When I asked about it they lied and said it was just a diaper bag. Not so. I would look elsewhere!..
01/21/2020 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was hotel. Housing was located in city of Nashville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- Cheaper housing outside of Nashville proper. Safety can be issue though. Traffic is HORRIBLE. 10/10/2017 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/a. Housing was located in city of Hermitages . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Along with parking being far away (they have shuttles) safety is an issue- reports of several sexual assaults over recent years occurring in the parking garages. A girl had jumped one morning from the garage I was exiting, as I was walking to the hospital - body on ground, police everywhere- but the hospital doesn’t address it; staff saying “it happens all the time”- very upsetting to way to start your morning. Hospital staff can be demeaning, with the “Vanderbilt mentality” of being smarter and more important- I encountered some very hostile people that made it openly known that travelers were not welcome there. Huge OR and they are not well organized and will give you the horrible cases, then the service leader will leave you hanging with little help. Lots of things to do in town though with great restaurants.
- Housing can be pricy near hospital. But affordable in nearby counties and outer suburbs. I stayed with family. 10/10/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/a. Housing was located in city of Nashville . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Hostile environment in the OR, and I heard in other areas as well. Pay for parking- a long walk from garage. Security a joke. Walked about 8 miles a day in OR, just getting supplies- place thrives in chaos and only a few are willing to help you. Even management was rude. Their break room is segregated by service- each service sits at a particular table , like a high school atmosphere. Very behind in some equipment.
- I worked in the ICU Float department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the ICU float pool and was floated just about everywhere. I was only floated to a non-ICU floor three times in the 6 months I was there. I would give a higher scores for the question regarding how nice the doctors were but I had bad experiences with ego driven doctors and APRNs in the Neuro ICU. Don't expect to get sick patients, which I guess is pretty typical for a traveler. Otherwise the MICU and Trauma are great places to work! 04/25/2015 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of n/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I took stipend and commuted.
- I worked in the MICU department(s) in the hospital. Overall a great experience. There are alot of new grads in the ICU. They donot give travelers the sickest pts, you will usually get the chronic or stepdown pts. Computer charting, docs enter their own orders. Didnot have to float outside the MICU. Staff was very helpful 02/26/2007 The name of the housing complex was I took the stipend. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
Click here for advertising info