Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: California Hospital Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.4|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.4|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.4|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.8|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.8|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||1.8|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.4|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.8|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.6|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.6|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.6|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.6|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.6|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||34.6(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the CSICU department(s) in the hospital. Horrible place to work. Disorganized, dangerous, no standards. The director has zero experience in Critical care-actually has a background in banking and ER. I was tripled everyday in the ICU, no secretary, no tech/CNA. Feared for my license everyday I was there!! You might get floated to the PCU where the ratio is up to 6:1. Go elsewhere, seriously. 09/07/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was FOUND SELF. Housing was located in city of TALLAHASSEE. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. none
- I worked in the med tele department(s) in the hospital. Human kindness? Try human meanness. Very racist group of people. They speak to each other in their own language, hoping you don't understand what they are saying. Never enough staff, not enough parking, no supplies. Very unsafe patient assignments, and charge nurse won't change it. Dirty facility. Staff says if they don't punch out on time and stay to keep working, and if they don't take 6 patients, management will replace them. They act like its the only place on earth. They demean and abuse each other, and treat travelers the same way. A very miserable group of little people desperately seeking to spread their misery. Do yourself a favor. Just say no to this facility. There are much nicer places to work. And you deserve better. 03/21/2016 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was staybridge. Housing was located in city of LA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. housing reasonable and free meals.
- I worked in the Medical department(s) in the hospital. I would rather jump into a raging fire than work here. Bullying starts with management and goes down to all levels of employees. Management makes you attend mandatory huddle meetings and then gives you grief for working overtime. Their own staff punches out and continues to work late. Patient ratios high, 1:6, unsafe patient assignments, and staff too afraid to report it to the health department. Staff very abusive to travelers verbally and physically. If there is an emergent patient situation, staff would rather come to the room to demean you and tell you everything you did wrong rather than helping. Staff comes in shrieking just to be mean, and they will shove and slam into you, even in patient rooms. CNAs disrespect nurses too, screaming at them in hallways and in patient rooms. There are never enough supplies, never enough equipment, and you will spend hours giving report to computer illiterate staff. So yourself a favor and avoid this place like the plague. I would rather start myself on fire and jump off an overpass onto a busy freeway than work here even if it was the last place on earth. If that's human kindness then I want no part of it. 03/21/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RV camper. Housing was located in city of LA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. My own housing.
- Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended stay. Housing was located in city of Los angeles. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. 12/12/2015 Traffic bad, long drive to work. I worked in the Med Surg tele department(s) in the hospital. Bad news to travelers. Very bigoted especially if you are white. Unsafe assignments, overwork you and refuse to approve overtime for travelers while happily signing off on overtime for their own staff. You get no 15 minute breaks and there is no relief nurse. They also do not follow the 1:5 patient ratio law. Need I say more? Oh yes, cleanliness....it is the dirtiest hospital I have ever seen in my life - visible diet everywhere, on the floors and in the elevators and in the air.....so bad that I was afraid to even breathe the air over here. You would think that someone could find a broom and a mop somewhere and at least clean the floor every now and then.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. enjoyed living in Culver City (West LA) - safe, clean, great location. Hospital located in Downtown LA - felt safe enough with security but always exercised street smarts. Would not want to live in hospital's immediate area. Night staff rules, friendly - esp. once they know you, great sense of humor, excellent teamwork! Patient ID labels archaic. Charting and orders all computerized - very efficient, just took a short time to get used to. Quick care could be more efficient (i.e., have certain meds and equipment more readily available and on hand). Overall, a great experience! 01/16/2007 Housing was approximately 11 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Westside Terrace Aptmt. Housing was located in city of Culver City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. No complaints! Aptmt in good repair, fairly clean. My refrigerator didn't work when I initially moved in, but it was promptly replaced after I made the report. I was impressed. Office staff friendly. Grateful to have been fortunate to share my parking garage with only one other person! Only complaint - my aptmt faced the basketball so was noisy at times - but it was tolerable.
Click here for advertising info