Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Indiana University Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2|
|3. Hospital Technology||3|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.8|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.4|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.8|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.8|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.6|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.2|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.2|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.4|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||53(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the SPCU department(s) in the hospital. Many travelers on this unit, regular staff hard to keep around. Floor is extremely busy and you WILL work hard every day. Lady who did the scheduling did not consider or initially honor what was discussed in the contract. Travelers float first, and honestly would rather float to another floor. This hospital in general tries to pull a lot of BS to try to control travelers. You need to pay for parking and badges which is something they don’t disclose to you. Cerner is the charting system and way too much double charting is done. Some days you are lucky to get lunch. Will never return. 04/12/2020 Housing was approximately 14 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was My house. Housing was located in city of Indianapolis. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Commuted from home
- I worked in the Advanced heart care department(s) in the hospital. Very friendly staff, I renewed once and plan to come back as a traveler later. Teaching hospital, so doctors tend to be more friendly (because most of who you deal with are residents/fellows) 3-4 patients, usually have a tech. 4 with no tech is a buuusy day. I probably have to skip lunch once every 2 weeks. Staff is helpful and knowledgeable. 02/28/2017 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb and eagle creek apartments. Housing was located in city of Indianapolis. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I stayed at eagle creek apartments north of Indy for the first contract. Felt safe, and was only 15 minutes from work. Now staying at Airbnb to save a little on the stipend.
- I worked in the SPCU/MPCU department(s) in the hospital. The SPCU is an extremely busy unit with critical patients with multiple lines, drains, and drips. Techs could def be more utilized on this unit but everyone was very friendly and usually worked as a team. If you don't like to be busy and just want to lolly gag, this unit is not for you. If you like to stay busy and learn then def try this place. I loved the learning experience even though it was stressful and hectic at times. My managers Amber and Stephanie were wonderful and checked in often to make sure I had no needs or concerns. I floated to MPCU often which I liked a lot and to the MS which I did not like only because they were not as caring, helpful, or friendly. The charting system is Cerner which is very time consuming and redundant. 10/25/2016 Housing was approximately 14 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private. Housing was located in city of Fishers. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Friends home was located in Fishers which was only 14 miles from the hospital but took 40-50 minutes to get there because of traffic. Lots of great places to eat, lots of great things to do and highly recommend 100 acres art and nature park. The canal walk is also a fav. The city is not great at night and you have to be careful where you travel.
- I worked in the pcu department(s) in the hospital. Inner city is not very safe. Be care full staying too close to the hospital 04/09/2015 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was apartment. Housing was located in city of Indianapolis. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Private apartment was decent but in a bad area. Areas change from good to bad fast within a block or two.
- I worked in the spcu department(s) in the hospital. I understand from other travelers and floats that other floors were better to work on 01/08/2007 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was comfort Inn. Housing was located in city of Indy. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. discount for travelers working at the hospital
Click here for advertising info