Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: rhode island hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.6|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.5|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.4|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.6|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.9|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.1|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.6|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.1|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.6|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.6|
|17. How well staffed are they||2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.2|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.4|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.1|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||48.4(8)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the TICU department(s) in the hospital. 13 weeks in TICU, only floated 25% of the time to SICU, NCCU, CVICU, step-down. ICU ratios good, TICU staff was very welcoming and fun to work with. Once you prove your skills then you can take on more and learn more once they know they can trust you. Manager was very flexible with scheduling. Orientation was 2 class days then 2 shifts in the unit. Resident or intern in the unit overnight at all times, EPIC documenting, high patient turn over in Trauma. also a Burn unit. I had a great experience here, but travelers here with me working in cvicu had a difficult time, depends on the unit you are in. overall, the people were great and fun to work with, and very helpful, a much better hospital than I expected it to be. 08/31/2016 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private residence. Housing was located in city of Providence. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Lived in Fox Point by Brown University, 5-10 mins from Hospital. I found private housing from a local realtor. Fox Point was a cute little neighborhood with bars, restaurants, little shops down on Wickenden street. Plenty of street parking and a clean and safe neighborhood. College Hill and Federal hill close by for going out as well.
- I worked in the Med/Surg/Tele department(s) in the hospital. The pass/fail aspect is ridiculous - I scored an 85% and FAILED! Immediate contract termination! They mandated 48 hours a week (in a row on night shift) and the staffing ratios (1:9) were incredibly unsafe. Not worth losing my license over - not for any money!! 02/29/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private housing I obtained. . Housing was located in city of Providence. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Osto Vargas, Sr. has 2 rental properties in the area and rents to only travel nurses. Safe home with many security features in place - it was the only good part of the assignment. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone - but not RI Hospital. Perhaps if someone was going to Kent in Warwick or Pawtucket, but NOT RIH!!
- I worked in the SICU department(s) in the hospital. Work safety issues include floating between critical care areas multiple times during one shift; ACLS medications not restocked promptly by pharmacy or even when requested emergently; attending physicians unavailable when paged and called repeatedly by residents in emergencies; lift assist devices unavailable for bariatric patients; telemetry patients ambulated and transported off monitor without orders from physician. Other issues: bathrooms are filthy; no soap to wash hands at night and on weekends; about half the computers on unit do not work; broken ice machines left unrepaired for weeks at a time; patients on neutropenia precautions paired with isolation patients in same nurse assignment( vandalism and theft in parking lots. 06/08/2015 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Winchester Park. Housing was located in city of Riverside. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. This complex is very old and an enclave for Muslims. My son was unable to use the gym because the Muslims who gathered on the gym would harass him until he left. The buildings have 4 apartments each with no insulation between them and reek of ethnic food with no ventilation and noise of them screaming Islam and playing call to prayer songs; we had to turn our TV volume up to 40 to watch a movie on Sunday afternoon to hear above the meetings of our Muslim neighbors screaming; no washer/dryer and spending $60/week at a laundry mat on my day off; on the plus side the office staff is very nice.
- I worked in the SICU/TICU/ Step-down department(s) in the hospital. I floated all the time. I had to float or get home. One night I floated 4 times in a 12 hour shift. It was horrible. 11/23/2014 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private housing. Housing was located in city of Providence. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. it was expensive, but I was able to avoid the high crime areas
- I worked in the dialysis department(s) in the hospital. hostile work environment. If you are a dialysis nurse do not take an assignment here. 12/15/2011 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was winchester woods. Housing was located in city of Riverside. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. take the winchester woods and pay the extra it is beautiful housing.
- I worked in the Jane Brown Building department(s) in the hospital. I traveled there a year ago.If you take a contract be sure it is in the Main Building or Coop Building. The Jane Brown Building has no air conditioning and makes for a hot summer. The walls are dingy and the place is depressing. The nurse to patient ratios are 9:1 on the night shift. It is not unusual to get 3 admissions on a shift. As a traveler you will ALWAYS be the first one to float. There are no taking turns since this is a union hospital. You will almost always get slammed with the worst assignment. The schedules are 48 hours a week and you will frequently have to work 3 in a row with one off and then a couple more. You WILL work almost all of the holidays as well. Most of the staff are friendly. Patient care is good. Would recommend taking a day shift contract and stay away from nights due to the high ratios. Make sure and state your holidays, shift worked and every other weekend in your contract or you will be working more than your share. 08/28/2007 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I forget. Housing was located in city of E. Providence. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I cannot remember the name of the apartment complex but it was nice and convenient. It was located in Riverside, RI
- I worked in the SURGERY department(s) in the hospital. LOVE THE PEOPLE AT THE HOSPITAL! PARKING IS IN EGYPT! LOL ORIENTATION CONSISTED OF READING POLICY MANUALS. O.R. CHARGE GREAT, STAFF OVER ALL GREAT. FOUND OUT HAD TO TAKE MATH EXAM FIRST DAY WHEN GOT THERE NO PASS YOU ARE GOING HOME! CONTRACTED FOR 10 HOUR DAYS. AFTER I GOT THERE THE "NEED" HAD CHANGED ACCORDING TO THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT. COMPANY DID NOT BACK ME UP AND STATED THEY HAD TALKED TO THE HOSPITAL AND IF I WOULD JUST WORK THE NIGHT SHIFTS I WAS SCHEDULED FOR THEY WOULD NOT SCHEDULE ME FOR ANY MORE! (P.S. UNFORTUNATLY FOR THEM I DID NOT JUST FALL OFF OF THE TURNIP TRUCK YESTERDAY!) I BROKE THE FIRST CONTRACT OF MY CAREER AFTER TRAVELING FOR 7 YEARS. I THINK OFTEN BETWEEN THE COMPANY AND THE HOSPITAL THEY THINK YOU WILL GIVE IN RELATED TO YOU ARE ALONG WAY FROM HOME 1600 + FOR ME! NO ONE WORKED, PAID FOR SCHOOL OR WANTS TO PROTECT YOUR LICENSE LIKE YOU! (CYA!!) THE NEW ENGLAND COLONYS WERE GREAT! PROVIDENCE WATERFIRE SOMETHING TO SEE. MUCH TO DO AND SEE IN THE AREA. PIZZA IS GREAT TOO! 07/14/2007 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was INDEPENDENCE WAY APARTMENTS. Housing was located in city of CRANSTON. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. BRAND NEW COMPLEX! QUIET! OFFICE STAFF FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. HOUSING A GREAT EXPERIENCE
- I worked in the step-down department(s) in the hospital. 08/02/2006 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was extended stay. Housing was located in city of warwick. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
Click here for advertising info