Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Del Ray Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.8|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.6|
|5. Cafeteria food||2|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.6|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.4|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.6|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.8|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||1.4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.4|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.4|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.2|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1|
|17. How well staffed are they||1|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.8|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||46(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Medical/Surgical Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. I do not recommend this hospital to any traveler. It is nicknamed "Hell Ray" for a reason. Thebfloor is extremely busy AND heavy. A normal patient load for me was 7:1 or 8:1. The PCA's do not help as much as they should and you have to take your own vitals- at the beginning and end of shift. It is crazy. I was floated every other shift until my recruiter spoke to the manager. (The other floors I floated on were just as busy and they are not nice to travelers.) I didn't even meet the manager until the end of my contract. Charge nurses are very unhelpful- most of them sit in the office and don't help even though the staff is drowning. The only shift I was happy with was when I floated to psych- and I couldn't even believe hey floated me there! I do not recommend this hospital to anyone- traveler or patient. 12/14/2016 Housing was approximately 00 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was not given. Housing was located in city of Away from hospital. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I found my own housing
- I worked in the CCU department(s) in the hospital. 1 day orientation, no orientation to other units, lucky to get a lunch break 05/21/2016 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of n/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. n/a
- I worked in the Medical Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. There are only a few vital sign machines so staff guard them, hide them, write their name on them to claim them. Staff focused on getting their work done not helping other staff or working together as a team. 05/23/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was extended stay america. Housing was located in city of boca raton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Horrible service. Had room cleaned twice in 3 months. No hot water on several days.
- I worked in the 2 floor med/tele department(s) in the hospital. DO NOT WORK HERE!! Terrible staff, major work overload in all aspects. Nickname by many is "Hell Ray" 11/06/2006 Housing was approximately self mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was self. Housing was located in city of self. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. No housing provided. I took subsidy!
- MedSurg/Tele--Ratio way too high on 7pm shift for the acuity. Had patients on Nitro, Amiodrone, Cardizem, Heparin (often had 3 drips on the same pt) with an eight pt team. Regular staff very supportive for the most part,which is why I was able to finsh.
NOT a place for anyone without a LOT of cardiac experience. Make sure you understand the patient load,acuity, drugs used, etc. I worked in the nursing department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Gables of Boca Del Ray. Housing was located in city of Boca Raton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. A lot of landscaping acitivy, if you work nights ask for an upper level appt to avoid the noise. Responsive, pleasant office staff. Appt average but clean on arrival. Less than a mile to grocery stores, shopping, etc.
Bad traffic. I had to allow 30 mins to go 8 miles.
Click here for advertising info