Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Enloe Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.7|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.7|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.8|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.2|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.3|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.7|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.2|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.8|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||65.3(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU/NTSICU/TCU/CVU department(s) in the hospital. Level 2 trauma/<300bed hospital. There for Epic conversion with many other travelers, ended up staying a year+ due to paradise fires. Great group of RNs, strong charge nurses help bring leadership the unit. Fair assignments, (mostly doubled/tx out with admit) Travel RNs float first BUT Staff float to m/s in addition to step down units where travelers only floated to step down. Travel RNs does not take CRRT, fresh hearts, IABP, fresh traumas, EVDs unless they're comfortable with you, which was a bummer. Charge RNs make schedule, very accommodating even if you do not request. Good cafeteria, open at night (hallelujah). 02/26/2019 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was found own. Housing was located in city of chico. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. New housing, rented apt with other travelers.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Lots of trails and parks but 1 of the parks is sketchy to go by yourself.
I usually felt like a fast track nurse and got aggravated about that but I was making a nice check for not working very hard or being stressed. 06/10/2018 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Found on airbnb. Housing was located in city of Chico. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Close to the homeless shelter but also close to a Dutch Bros for my caffeine fix
- I worked in the Tele 2 north department(s) in the hospital. There are several tele units. 2 North is by far the most welcoming of travelers, 2 south- horrific. They just went 'live' with McKesson June 08, so it is currently a little chaotic. 06/10/2008 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Canterra. Housing was located in city of Palm Desert. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. If at Eisenhower, I recommend living in Palm Desert, Bermuda Dunes, or Rancho Mirage. Palm Springs is too far, across town, bad roads, traffic, terrible commute.
- I worked in the med/surg department(s) in the hospital. very depressing place to work, staffing terrible, great presentation during telephone interview what I witnessed was sad. Day one went home after orientation and max'd out malpractive coverage, then contacted recruiter to begin setting up another assignment, called all friends and contacts letting them know to stay away.This place needs some real work and about 10 years of attitude change. Too bad they are beginning to build a new addition 04/24/2008 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Eaton Apts. Housing was located in city of Chico. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the cardiac cath lab department(s) in the hospital. Hospital is located in a pretty valley. Lots of biking, hiking and scenic drives. 3hrs from SF. 3.5 hrs from Tahoe. Called the "City of Trees". Sierra Nevada brewery is here!!! 2 Rivers, 1 Creek, 2 Lakes. Hot in summer. Cute downtown. College Town. Fun for young travellers. B.U.T.ful in Spring and Fall. Hospital is going through lots of reorganizing, complete recontruction in progress. Only major Level 2 trauma,open heart surg,interventional cath lab/EP lab within 2 hours. (Except for Freemont/Rideout: which you can see SUCKS!) 03/13/2008 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Train Station Apts. Housing was located in city of Chico. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Probably better to take housing stipend or find your own apt for company to rent. I would suggest website Hignell and Hignell.
- This hospital hires critical care nurses so they can float them all over the hospital. They have some 8 hour employees so frequently they float you twice in one shift. I rarely work the critical care unit I was hired in and almost always am floated twice in one shift. I will not be signing on for another tour in this most unpleasent place. I worked in the "all" department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Yosemite Terrace. Housing was located in city of Chico. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Apartment is beautiful. Soundproofing is horrible. Not good for night shift nurses.
Click here for advertising info