Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Gerald Champion Regional
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.7||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2||4.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.2||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.8||2.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.8||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.7||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.7||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.5||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.7||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.3||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.3||1.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.7||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.8||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.3||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.3||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.5||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.5||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.7||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||61(6)||39.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Unexpected and UNPAID forms and testing from HR dept to be completed before I was allowed to begin assignment—this info was conveyed to me in a very forceful and rude email. Inaccurate info on how to obtain access to this testing, and inability of me or my agent to connect with HR representative. OR orientation quite brief, rushed as they were so short-staffed. EMR was via Cerner, an ancient version which was extremely time consuming and made charting implants a nightmare combination of computer charting, scanning and emailing documents. Non-emergent cases were scheduled after hours without concern for staffing coverage, because the one circulator and scrub tech were essentially held hostage thru the night until all cases were completed. As if that isn’t bad enough, the crew on call is always held over to do a 0730 case the following morning. I was on call and still there documenting a case I had just finished (22 hours at work, case after case) the following morning when the rest of the OR crew came to start their day. I told the director that I was tired and unsafe to perform the case she assigned me to that morning.
She insisted that “it is Gerald Champion policy that you WILL do that case, and afterwards I will let you go home. I explained the risks of an exhausted RN caring for a patient, as well as the risks to myself and my nursing license. She continued to insist, I went home and contacted my agency, who backed me up completely — - Yaay RTG travel! The staff acceptance: Tentative. You have to win them over, and they are a tough sell. I suspect because they see a revolving door of travel staff. I will say that once they accept you, they are wonderful! They do a helluva job under extremely difficult conditions. To my surprise (after I butted heads with the Director), I was asked to extend for another contract. I really liked my coworkers, but there were way too many negatives. 02/23/2019 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of alamogordo . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I stayed at Boot Hill RV Camp. Very pleasant.
- Staff was very cliquish. Not very friendly to travelers. No team nursing. 5 unpaid hours to complete onboarding computer modules. Doctors unfriendly and difficult to get ahold of. Ratios as high as 1-8, definitely unsafe. Hospital hires lots of new grads with no experience. Terrible nursing care and unhappy staff, poor morale. My contract and another traveler were canceled early, after staff nurses were finished with orientation. Travelers always assigned most acute patients and always first to have admissions. I would not suggest taking assignment at this facility. Very boring small town. Not much to do or see. 11/13/2018 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hunters Ridge . Housing was located in city of Alamogordo . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Housing was poor. Nice staff but old complex. No hot water for 3 days. Water turned off for repairs 3 different times.
- I worked in the Psychiafeie department(s) in the hospital. This was a good place overall. A few of the staff (mostly the techs and unit clerks) were less than helpful with causes unneeded stress. The city is nothing special (small town) but it is within driving distance to some great places (Carlsbad caverns, Lincoln National State Park, Truth or Consequences hot springs) . 06/23/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Boothill RV and Cabins . Housing was located in city of Alamogordo . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I have sprint cell service which didn't work well in the cabin. The cabin was a nice place. Comfortable. Does not slow pets which I would have preferred and also wifi was weak.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. housing is tight, town is small, not much to do, friendly people, real Germans in large numbers ( airbase ), the walmart sux, 11/11/2012 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was hunters ridge. Housing was located in city of alamogordo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. came full furn, with cable and internet, no car wash area,
- I worked in the med/surg department(s) in the hospital. The only down side to this assignment was dealing with the ER. Their ability to properly triage patients was a little scary. Recieved a patient one night that was so hypoxic couldn't get a pulse ox and was mottled from his chest to his feet that they claimed happened in the 2 minutes it took to transport him to me. Another incident was a brittle diabetic well known to the facility that they stuck in a corner and thought she was sleeping in acutality she was bottoming out. Her bedside glucose was 28. Interaction with the floor staff was excellent. They really made you feel welcome. Most of there aids were very, very good as well as their night supervisors. 02/25/2007 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Las Ventanus. Housing was located in city of alamogordo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. This was the best apartment with housekeeping. Go figure. They really took a lot of pride setting up the apartments for occupancy. It was absolutely breathtaking.
- It is a small town and it takes the staff some time to warm up. My apt. is a 5 I am living at a place called Las Ventanas. I just signed up foe another 13 weeks for many resons. I worked in the Med/Surg/peds department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Las Ventanas. Housing was located in city of Alamogorgo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. my Apt. was above what I had hoped for I have washer and dryer in apt.club house with a Fitness center, pool ,hot tub and game room.
Click here for advertising info