Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: JFK Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.2|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.5|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.8|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.8|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.2|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.7|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.8|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||1.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.3|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.3|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.7|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.5|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||38.7(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the med surg/ Tele department(s) in the hospital. Worst assignment. Permanent staff attitude is poor to travelers, yet traveler nurses are there to help. Management not proper.. they are more concerned about the appearance staff make on them then on patient care. Patient safety poor, patient falls is extremely poor due to lack of staff, staff not working to ensure patient safety, PCA's and nurses take breakfast break seems to be a priority! Would never recommend. Shame on administration. Daily rounding with case management and doctors is focused on "why are they (patient) still here, can we discharge today?" 10/05/2016 Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was self-housing. Housing was located in city of Boca Raton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. located my own housing. Company did not assist on housing at all.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. As a travel assignment in Florida goes it as really good. Yes you get 3 paients at times but so did the staff. Only floating withing the critical care units. Parking Garage, safe neignborhood. The pay was amazing in comparison to any florida job, nearly double that of a staff position. 01/10/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was craigslist. Housing was located in city of Boynton Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I rented from a person on cragslist and took the housing stipend.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. The doctors hand write their orders, and they only document their physician's note in the computers. Consequently MD nursing orders for meds,txmts, could get missed or performed late because the chart can not be found on the unit, OR the doctor didn't call you with his orders. Inadequate stock of some equipment, monitor electrodes constantly missing so you have to run around looking for ones, searching for thermometers, IV tubing. 99% of the MDs will not return to pt's bedside to inform them of test results and why they're being admitted to the hospital. Support from permanent staff could be better. Morale mediocre. Simply stated: Do not work in this E.R. You'll assignment will be one of frustration (this is my 4th assignment, and I've had mostly pleasant experiences elsewhere). 02/21/2008 Housing was approximately 14 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Archstone . Housing was located in city of Delray Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I selected my own corporate housing. Beautiful complex with large man-made lake. Has pool, fitness ctr and volleyball court. Fairly well-maintained
- I worked in the med surg unit on 3W department(s) in the hospital. Be smart and do not take a contract at this hospital. First off you are floated most every night. Many of their charge nurses do not like travelers, and they do put all the difficult patients on you and the patient load is horrible. Many of the unit coornidators are very vendictive. If perchance they offer you a job, you have to take a gallup survey before they will hire you. If you tell the truth on the survey they will not hire you. Many of the nurses they have working there at present time are foregin trained nurses and do not know many of the basic skills we are trained with. These are the people who are the charge nurses there. Pca are allowed to tell the nurses what they will and will not do and then the management of the units hold the RN responsible for what they do not do. I have justed finished working at this hospital and know first hand the mess they are in. 01/11/2008 The name of the housing complex was did not live in housing. Housing was located in city of yes. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. none
- I worked in the med/tele department(s) in the hospital. I am currently on assignment here and at any given time there are 100 travelers in this facility. That alone says they have a hard time keeping staff. patient load is usually 6-7 but considering there isn't any ancillary staff and you get your own vitals and fingersticks, 6-7 patients is a lot! There are 2 parking garages for staff, so parking is great! 04/10/2007 Housing was approximately 2.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Meadows on the Green. Housing was located in city of Boynton Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I travel with my 2 Pomeranians so finding something pet-friendly was a must. Rooms are large. 2 pools. Grounds are immaculate. I have some noisy kids in the apt. above me and their parents like to party on the weekends. Not so great when I have to be up so early. But other than that, you really can't beat the location. From my front door to the report room in less than 15 mins. Saves on gas, too!
- Horrible Nurse to patient ratios. No efficiency, no technology. Dishonesty by Manager I worked in the ortho department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Savannah lakes. Housing was located in city of Boynton beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Very friendly office staff. Pets very welcome and no pet deposit required! Conveniently located to all amenities.
Click here for advertising info