Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Boston Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.7||1.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3||1.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.7||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2||2.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2||2.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.5||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.5||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.8||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||1.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.2||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.7||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4||3.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.2||3.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.8||2.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.8||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.3||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||66.8(6)||36.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. 06/09/2020 Housing was approximately 0.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was residence inn. Housing was located in city of roxbury. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. If you want to work in a slum where pts get moved around the department constantly and have to hunt for cannulas, clean BP cuffs, or a tech to help, come on down to this hospital! No matter what happens, always the travelers fault. Be prepared to walk by tweakers on the way to and from the parking garage. Saw 2 stealing a bike and a 3rd doling out items into plastic baggies. Cafeteria and coffee shop closes at 7pm, sorry nightshift, you don't matter either. Stayed at an extended stay because it was cheaper then trying to find affordable and safe housing that didn't include a long commute. In short, I would chew off my arm if I had to return here.
- I worked in the 6W med surg department(s) in the hospital. I really enjoyed working at this hospital on this unit for the most part. While a little dated, the 5:1 ratio was appropriate and I felt I could really focus on pt. care. The staff were friendly and helpful. The manager however was clearly not a fan of travelers and treated us as such. I would work there as a staff nurse if it weren't for her lack of professionalism and abuse of power. The whole staff expressed frustration with her leadership method and many were in search of alternative employment due to her employee treatment. The area around the hospital was a bit unsafe. The population in the area were generally homeless and those who struggled with IV drug use. 02/12/2020 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was prive. Housing was located in city of Brockton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Housing in the area is incredibly expensive. I was fortunate to find housing with family, but I had a 40 minute commute to work. Parking was an additional cost at the hospital and day shift was hundreds of dollars a month.
- I worked in the MICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the MICU area, and this assignment was GREAT! Being in Boston in the MICU, you deal with a lot of the opiod crisis which can be frustrating, but overall I enjoyed it and learned a lot. The staff is AMAZING! 06/30/2018 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Short Term Rentals. Housing was located in city of Boston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Tiny, and expensive for the size, but I was able to walk to work everyday and was directly on Newbury St! I couldn't have asked for a better experience.
- I worked in the med surg/ tele department(s) in the hospital. I spent 5 months working tele/med surg at BMC and I loved it! It was my first travel experience and I was extremely pleased with it. BMC is a traveler friendly hospital and I have made many travel nurse friends while working there. My assignments were always fair and safe. The doctors are extremely friendly and really care about their patients. The patient population is pretty rough but BMC sticks by its motto of "exceptional care, without exception". My only dislike was parking. The cost to park there monthly was around $300. I opted to not take my care to Boston and to get to work by foot or Lyft. 12/07/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was personal home. Housing was located in city of Boston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I took the stipend and found my own housing, not cheap to live in Boston
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Treated travelers like they're incompetent. Travelers weren't given critical pts. Hours for lab and rad results. Morale was low with travelers and permanent staff. 2 residents even changed their field while I was there. So glad it's over! 07/29/2016 Housing was approximately Na mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Na. Housing was located in city of Na. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Na
- I worked in the PEDS department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately TOOK THE STIPENED.... mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was DID NOT TAKE THE HOUSING. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. CAN'T OFFER ADVISE ON THE HOUSING SINCE I OPTED FOR THE HOUSING STIPENED.
Click here for advertising info