Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Cox South
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.6|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.8|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.8|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.8|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.8|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||4.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.8|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.2|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.6|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.8|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.8|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||4.2|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.2|
|17. How well staffed are they||4|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.4|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.8|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4.4|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||78.8(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU Float department(s) in the hospital. Float to all ICUs, all have their different flavor but all are okay to work in. ICU only floats to SDU- SDU is fully staff so never floated there in 6 months. Hospital handled Covid better than any hospital I've seen this whole time. Staff was treated well, given large raises to work Covid tower (to match traveling) and was allowed to volunteer (there were no shortage of volunteers). Travelers were not treated different from staff and were fitted for Halo respirators, given vaccines, etc. Would absolutely return to this hospital. 05/05/2021 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of springfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Lots of 'local' nurses that stay in the extended stays locally and drive home on days off. ESA down from is really nice, the only one I've seen complaints about is the one directly across the street.
- I worked in the Telemetry/Covid department(s) in the hospital. Very safe, small-town vibe. I had no say in my schedule and days were not blocked which made it hard to go home. Night manager was looking for reasons to fire travelers and enjoyed doing so but day management is great. 03/24/2021 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Air bnb . Housing was located in city of Springfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I stayed in an air bnb, a 3 bedroom house with w/d and fenced backyard for my dog.
- I worked in the NTICU department(s) in the hospital. . The staff are very friendly towards travels. My only issues concern the Drs. They take multiple pages to return calls at night, then they yell “I signed off, call so and so.” Sometimes it takes an hour or more to notify of issues or concerns. (Not all of them but most.). 06/02/2019 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hotel. Housing was located in city of Springfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the NTICU department(s) in the hospital. Staff is friendly but a little cliquey for me. They only give the patients they don't want to travelers, IE...step down or troublesome patients. 04/06/2019 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay. Housing was located in city of Springfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Offers discounts to Cox employees
- I worked in the Med/Ortho/Neuro department(s) in the hospital. I loved this assignment. I ended up there for 51 weeks. Wish I could have stayed there longer. Housing is a little hard. Apts can be expensive to get. Well, nice areas. I found a duplex from a local that I rented for a good price. I love the people there. Very much team players and very travel friendly. The city has a lot to offer. Branson is close by and a high tourist area. I went there about five times. Overall, I will go back! 03/24/2019 Housing was approximately . mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was .. Housing was located in city of .. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Short term rentals available.
Click here for advertising info