Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Tennova Gateway
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.8||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.4||2.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.8||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.8||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.2||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.6||3.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.4||3.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.2||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.2||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.4||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.4||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.2||2.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.2||2.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.6||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.2||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||50.8(5)||46.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Step down department(s) in the hospital. This facility had a huge group of travelers come in and frequently over staffed. Our contracts were not canceled, but we were used as techs and sitters 04/12/2019 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/a. Housing was located in city of Nashville . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I stayed with family
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Renewed here for nearly a year. It had its highs and lows but over all way a good hospital in comparison to others I've been at. They cancelled my contract due to low census two weeks in to my fourth renewal. They did give two weeks notice. Though the did this after hiring 6 additional travelers when advised that there was not need for this much staffing. All traveler contracts were cancelled. Though the quality of staff personalities is exceptionally high, moral is very low in ICU. Travelers are first to float and are usually given step down overflow patients instead of ICU patients. This is fair but makes it boring sometimes as a CCRN CEN certified nurse. 02/26/2019 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RV. Housing was located in city of Clarksville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. no Comments needed about my housing
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Supervision has no concern about patient safety, nurse workload, patient acuity or nurse license security often giving 6+patient/nurse assignments. 01/05/2019 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was 880 Elwood Dr. Housing was located in city of Clarksville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Poor HVAC, dilapidated furniture, cockroaches.
- I worked in the PACU department(s) in the hospital. HOSTILE work environment, nurses bully travelers, a few didn't, majority were horrible to work with. Top heavy on administration. Surgery director, (extremely unfriendly and untrustworthy) Manager, Team Leader and Charge nurse. Charge nurse does not take patients and depending on who it is, you can't find them or they are sitting on the computer surfing the internet. They do drill it into your head that they have a nurse diversion problem, very sketchy. I would NEVER travel there again. They are over staffed and I don't understand why they are always hiring a traveler. 12/29/2017 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was don't remember. Housing was located in city of Clarksville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. This is a military town and very small but over populated. Housing is scarce but what you do get is crap!
- I worked in the PACU department(s) in the hospital. Their computer system inadequate for the charting program, constant problems, daily. Orders are dropped, not able to be seen by one computer but can be seen by another computer. I was told from day one that they had a HUGE nurse drug diversion problem and then was let go for the same reason. Drug test negative but 12 incidences from pharmacy "no doctor order" or waste discrepancy. My word against theirs, every patient that came to PACU had pain meds ordered and they stated there wasn't orders on meds that I scanned in and the program let me because it was on their profile. Hospital stated that I could have over ridden it but no proof from pharmacy that I did. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSPITAL!!! There were actually OVERSTAFFED in the PACU because they sent their core staff home early everyday and cut staff to just 3 nurses that had to find help to transfer patients to the floor, which was near impossible and you also had to discharge patients home. Horrible reputation among the community, bad attitude among the entire nursing staff in the hospital, horrible computer system. They will ruin your nursing career. 05/05/2017 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Paddock Place. Housing was located in city of Clarksville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Housing was horrible but I got that on my own. The apartment stunk like a dirty ashtray, you could hear a pin drop in the apartment above you. It was substandard housing.
Click here for advertising info