Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Modesto Memorial Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.5||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.4||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.4||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.4||2.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.5||3.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.6||4.5|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.2||3.5|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.4||3.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.6||4.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.5||5.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.2||4.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.8||4.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.9||4.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.5||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.4||4.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||68.6(8)||79.0(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the PACU department(s) in the hospital. Worked PACU from 11/2020 to 3/2021 with a 4 week extension. Covid times are different than usual but they were always adequately staffed, everyone willing to help each other, friendly manager, schedule is flexible, staff take most call but sometimes travelers are asked to pick up call if no one is available or if you want to make some extra income. Modesto itself is kinda crappy but it's 2hrs in each direction from amazing nature, hiking, 3hrs to Yosemite, 3hrs to Tahoe, 2hrs to santa cruz and san francisco 02/11/2021 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Furnished Finder. Housing was located in city of Modesto. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Got housing through furnished finder and lived with my dog in a woman's home for $800
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the ICU for 5 months. It took about 2 months for the staff to warm up to me personally, but once they did the work environment was good. Very helpful, assisted with admits and very team oriented from the beginning. Trauma II hospital. Location - Central Valley in California - is known for drug abuse, so patient population was rife with CIWAS and withdrawal protocols. Physicians were friendly, supportive, open to suggestions. Manager of the unit is a micro-manager, but fortunately I didn't have to deal with her much as a night-shifter. Worked in this unit at the beginning of COVID outbreak. As of June 2020 they had no defined COVID protocols, were not proning patients. Travelers not given any patients on IABP, CVVHD, etc as the manager gives complex patients to staff and calls in every morning at 0500 to make assignments - even on weekends. High acuity unit, high acuity hospital. I would go back despite the cons. 08/07/2020 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was 1112 S 19th St. Housing was located in city of Delhi, Ca. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Merced River RV Park in Delhi, Ca. Nice place, secure and away from the city. Lot of trees, right on the river. Reasonable rates for California. About 1 1/2 hr away from Yosemite and the coast. Not a lot to do in immediate area. Manager of the park is a little strange, but friendly. We should have picked French Camp RV Park but I wanted to save a little money. Would try French Camp over this one if I ever go back.
- I worked in the Medsurg department(s) in the hospital. Contract cancelled for nothing. They overstaffed and cancelled all but one traveler in my orientation class. Made up BS to keep from paying cancel fees. Worked over ratio. Floated to units that weren't even close to my specialty. Got worst patients. The staff is all about the charting and short on clinical thinking. 01/20/2018 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb. Housing was located in city of Modesto. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Loved the room I rented from Linda on Airbnb. Sparkling clean. Comfortable. Safe. Reasonable.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Great staff, helpful to traveler. Floated to Stepdown unit 3 times. Free and plentiful parking. Cafeteria is open for night shift, employee discount given to travelers. Didn't stay in the area, but there's lots of shopping and places to eat. 05/02/2016 Housing was approximately 40 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of Stockton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Found housing on my home, but other travelers stayed in town. Would stay closer next time.
- I worked in the Observation department(s) in the hospital. They extended traveler contracts to nine-months, then when the census dropped they blew all the travelers (at least 8 total) out on Dec. 6th 2014--a few weeks before Christmas; had an excuse for each "dismissal". Their staff was very unfriendly. Pathetic way to treat travelers they professed to "love." 12/07/2014 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of n/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I did not take housing, but Modesto is a nasty looking city, a real "armpit."
- I worked in the ICU/ER department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Manchester Court Apartments. Housing was located in city of Modesto. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- This hospital is one of the few that do work on team nursing. Coming from a really bad experience in the assignment beforethis one, this hospital was a welcome change. The staff went out of there way to help you here and were very travler friendly from the nurses, cna's and secretaries. I would definitly recommend this place for an assignment. I worked in the Orthopedic department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 2-3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was the Commons. Housing was located in city of Modesto. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. The apartment it self was really good its the location of the complex its self was on a busy street so you could hear alot of street traffic all the time.
- Unorganized work area. Orientation day was generalized for hospital and not geared to your work area. Friendly to travelers and they viewed travelers as there to help them out. Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Manchester Court. Housing was located in city of Modesto. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. The apartment I was in was great. Needed updating with 70's kitchen. Very clean, quite. Management of complex friendly toward travelers.
Click here for advertising info