Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Inova Fairfax Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.9||2.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.7||2.6|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.6||3.6|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.1||4.4|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.7||3.2|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.6||3.2|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.3||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.6||3.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.6||3.6|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.9||3.8|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.4||3.6|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.4||3.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.6||3.6|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.3||3.4|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.6||2.6|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.4||2.4|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.6||2.4|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.4||2.2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||66.6(7)||65.0(5)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Med B- Med-Surg/Tele department(s) in the hospital. About 24 beds on the unit. Med-Surg/Tele. Day shift. Ratio was normally 1:4, always felt assignment done appropriately and fairly as a traveler. One time ratio 1:6 when short a nurse. Techs are on the floor, usually 3 on the floor. Charge nurses very nice and helpful when able to help. Staff helpful and nice. I was able to self-schedule. Used EPIC. Overall good facility to work, workload very manageable. Only negative was not being able to expand skills or use certain ones previously from other assignments. 01/16/2020 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was found own private housing . Housing was located in city of Annadale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Housing I found was great for 3 travelers, safe and convenient location.
- I worked in the Pacu psb department(s) in the hospital. They have many pacus but the psb one is backbreaking. They almost never have a tech and you will get more patients than their regular staff. I think about ten a day. You have an hour or two to phase one and phase two them and get them to a chair with no help and discharge them. Team work sucks. I have worked in their other pacus and this is by far the worst. This one and gym pacu will make you work till at least 3 or 4 pm average on an 8-830 schedule so if you like lunch than it sucks to wait so long. Management will trick you they are nice but believe me safety is of no concern and they donít value their nurses. 09/12/2019 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/a. Housing was located in city of Falls Church. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Traffic is heavy here
- I worked in the Preop and PACU department(s) in the hospital. Every hospital has clicks and every unit has favorites that is normal everywhere; however the pre-op and pacu department treats their travelers like slaves. As a traveler, you will bounce around all day even if you have patients. You will be asked to give up your patient to a staff nurse who isnít doing anything in order for you to relieve nurses for lunch breaks in PACU. Afterward they bring you back to preop or get sent to phase 1 to continue your shift. There are several nurses who sit around all day, yet it is the busy traveler nurses who will be asked to take on another patient or take report for someone going home. You get terrible orientation and PACU will give you all the isolation or ICU patients. The charge nurses also will treat you poorly as they do not appreciate travelers at all. Instead of asking nicely to switch your assignments to float to another area, you simply get told to go and you will get slammed. PACU travelers almost always get doubled up while the reg staff rarely gets hit with 2 patients. For the few staff nurses that actually work hard day in and day out I truly feel bad. Those who actually work get treated very poorly. 07/20/2019 Housing was approximately 9 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private house. Housing was located in city of Falls church. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Rented from private owner good area
- I worked in the Outpatient OR department(s) in the hospital. Most of the staff very helpful. Charge can be micromanaging and unhelpful at times. Willing to work with you on days off and scheduling. 05/13/2019 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private home. Housing was located in city of Annandale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Found housing on Craigs List. Landlord was ok, but sloppy. Had a few dogs kept in kitchen area making it uncomfortable to cook. No place to hang out unless you have downstairs room.
- I worked in the Surgical Unit department(s) in the hospital. Staff was not friendly, no one helped, they not like to even cosign insulin with you. Charge nurses and the people in general do not like to help at all, not even to answer questions. they watch you and snitch on you all the time. Manager is petty and complains about every little thing. high staff turnover 04/30/2019 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Inova fairfax. Housing was located in city of Alexandria. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. High traffic in the area, try to leave close to your assignment as possible.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. 01/04/2019 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Condominium . Housing was located in city of Washington. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the OR department and they're very unorganized, unfriendly, rude to travelers. Mary Beth and Vivian are very rude charges nurses. They can have a front desk full of staff just standing around and they'll pull a traveler that's been in a room all day and ask them to give a lunch before they ask the staff person. You try and ask them a question and they try to be snapping but I wasn't haven't that. Vivian asked why did they hire all these travelers DUH y'all understaffed. STAY AWAY!! 03/06/2017 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Unknown. Housing was located in city of Falls Church . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Na
Click here for advertising info