Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: EL Centro Regional Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.4||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2||5.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2||3.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.2||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.6||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.2||4.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.4||3.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.2||4.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.2||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.8||5.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.4||4.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.8||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.6||5.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.2||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.4||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||52.8(5)||79.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Medical Surgical department(s) in the hospital. I worked here back in 2019. The staff was very friendly from the get-go. The nurse managers were very friendly and would greet you on a first-name basis. They always had a break nurse which was great and they would also help finish any tasks you had while you were on your break, such as IVs or hanging an antibiotic. They do have CNAs and they were all mostly amazing and could do a lot of stuff, such as blood sugar checks or oral/foley care. I never felt like I was given an "awful" assignment simply for being a traveler. They honored my time off and you could self-schedule yourself and for the most part, these would be honored. There are a lot of travelers as well and everyone worked as a team and was very friendly. I will say that if you do not speak Spanish you may struggle as 80% of the patient population primarily if not only spoke Spanish, but the staff on nights was able to interpret. I didn't have this issue as I am fluent in Spanish, but just an FYI. The doctors on nights were okay but could be more receptive to nursing concerns. They used Soarian as their charting system which was okay as I had used it before, but it's a bit outdated. Omnicell for medication storage. ECRMC does make you get your CPI, but it wasn't bad and my agency made sure I was paid for this training. El Centro is VERY hot in the Summer, so prepare for that. There isn't a lot of stuff to do in the vicinity, but you have most of the stuff you would need, such as Target, a mall, and Starbucks. Plus the area has a lot of good Mexican food and you're able to go visit Mexicali or San Diego which are nearby. I would come back. 02/15/2021 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rented Room . Housing was located in city of Imperial. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Hotels offer discounts in the area, but not much else in the area. Some apartment complexes will do short term leases.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Hospital is very traveler friendly. Hospital isn’t as bad as other portray it to be. Management is making a lot of changes for the better. They are working on making the hospital more suitable/acceptable by everyone including the patients. OR gets a little busy at times but it’s better than most. Doctors aren’t that bad after all. They cope if you know what you’re doing. The community is not bad. Cost of living is low. You can save a lot here because there is almost nothing there to do for entertainment. 06/10/2019 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Find my own. Housing was located in city of El Centro . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. unfriendly, staff not talking to you, speak Spanish between themself, looks like annoyed by your presence, pulled to MS every week where you have worst pts 04/12/2018 Housing was approximately NA mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of El Centro. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. not used housing, was renting room
- I worked in the Med surg department(s) in the hospital. This is my fourth assignment as a travel nurse. The computer system is horrible, you have to chart in two different softwares. It's a type of cerner. The area is very desolate and many employees are coming from San Diego which is about an hour and a half drive. I wasn't aware that I have to work 2 holidays which I started a week prior to Thanksgiving. I was not put on the schedule for that holiday. I currently have to work christmas eve and day and new years eve and day. If I had known that prior to this assignment, I would not come here at all. I am not coming back. 11/30/2017 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Other travelers in the OR give us a bad name. Orientation is nonexistent, favoritism seen by interim director between other travelers. Not a safe place to work. 01/14/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of EL Centro. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. N/A
Click here for advertising info