Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Lynchburg General Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.1|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.6|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.6|
|5. Cafeteria food||3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.6|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.1|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.6|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.4|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.9|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.1|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.3|
|17. How well staffed are they||2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.9|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||49.2(7)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the resource/float pool department(s) in the hospital. I was hired as a telemetry/intermediate resource nurse. I was mislead on scheduling. They are not flexible or reasonable with scheduling at all. I was trained on 3 units. One of those units I never stepped foot on again during my 26 weeks there. The other I only went to maybe once. I was not told they could send me to a sister hospital as well until I called in for my assignment, which wasn't posted until after 6pm. I am not an ICU nurse, nor did I sign a COVID contract, but I spent all but about 8 shifts of my 13 extended weeks on COVID units, and over half my shifts were on ICU. I never laid eyes on my boss, and she played a very different role upon hire than she did in the interview. 02/02/2021 Housing was approximately 5-10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was varying hotels. Housing was located in city of Lynchburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Floor staff was great, although there wasn't much of them and they seem to hate the facility as well.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. We stayed at the Paradise Lakes Campground about 25 mins away. Nice drive into work. Not a lot of traffic. The campground was really nice, quiet and clean. It had a lake and lots of trails to walk the dog. 08/07/2019 Housing was approximately 17 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Paradise Lakes Campground. Housing was located in city of Lynchburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Kind of expensive at $800 a month, but would still stay there again.
- I worked in the Cath Lab department(s) in the hospital. EP and CathLab are combined in this lab. Workflow was greatly mismanaged and overstaffed; the amount of cases on a daily basis weren't there to support the number of staff members present and people were constantly sent home early. You would be constantly switched from one room to another with no rhyme or reason; patients are brought in without the room being ready due to them wanting as little turnover time as possible - sometimes the RN would wait in the hallway right outside the procedure door with the next patient, while one was on the table. Travelers took no call or weekends due to staff not wanting to give up their hours. Getting computer access/approval to be added into the charting system takes a LONG time; sometimes weeks on end. 04/23/2018 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I found my own. Housing was located in city of Lynchburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I found my own housing via AirBNB. There is a realtor here who manages alot of the apartment buildings around the area.
- I worked in the General Medical Unit department(s) in the hospital. Normal ratio when I began was 1:7. As my contract went on, the normal became 1:5. The majority of staff are travelers or brand new GNs. Travelers were often charge. I was a preceptor for new travelers and new staff nurses. I left because a nurse assaulted me. That staff member is still employed. The hospital does not care about your safety or patient safety. The unit is a joke. I would never recommend for a travel nurse to go to that hospital.
01/04/2018 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rented a basement apt. Housing was located in city of Lynchburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Housing: I rented a basement apartment from someone in the area. She was awesome, and I had the BEST experience with her. Many travelers used the extended stay in Lynchburg. It's cheaper to find a person renting out a room or a basement. The furnished apartment complex in Lynchburg is 1500/month.
- I worked in the emergency department(s) in the hospital. Staff is unfriendly towards travelers and look for ways to get your contract terminated. They are not willing to help out much. Manager is not very friendly. 12/09/2017 Housing was approximately N/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/a lived with a friend. Housing was located in city of N/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. N/a
- I worked in the Pulmanary department(s) in the hospital. Miss managed mess 11/17/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Eastside Estates. Housing was located in city of Lynchburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Management very nice clean rooms reasonable weekly rates
- I worked in the Pulmonary department(s) in the hospital. They give all travelers the worst patient ratio's take away patient's so there core staff has an easiy shift and traveler's and float pool staff have all the heavy care patients when an issue comes up it takes extra time for the traveler to resolve the problem even though all steps are followed. 10/19/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Eastside Extended Stay. Housing was located in city of Lynchburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Staff and owner very polite no problem with housing just the hospital
Click here for advertising info