Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Methodist Hospital of Southern California
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.6|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4|
|5. Cafeteria food||3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.4|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||4.2|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.4|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.8|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.2|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.4|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.2|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.2|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.8|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||64.4(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Med/Surg Tele department(s) in the hospital. I floated to all different units. I at first did not enjoy that because I am not use to it but then i started enjoying not knowing where i was going to work. Staff is friendly. They use allscripts which is a dated. For about 90% of the time they respected ratio law. Heavy Chinese presence in the neighborhood. Is reflected in the patient population, and staff. The Rapid response team/system should be upgraded. Slow response and lackluster forces deployed to it. 06/30/2017 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb. Housing was located in city of Arcadia. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the CCU/ICU department(s) in the hospital. This hospital, compared to many on the East coast, is an absolute dream as far as workload goes. The acuity is not that high in the units, and only twice did I take 3 patients in the 6 months I was there. The technology aspect is not so great - unless you like paper charting in triplicate. The unit beds are fairly old-school, and would be considered floor beds for most hospitals. Many of the patients are native Mandarin Chinese speakers, and can be difficult communicating at times, but the staff and physicians are most helpful with usefull words/phrases. Overall, I would check the hospital out. The night shift food situation isn't the best - bringing a lunch is recomended. 05/03/2008 Housing was approximately 1-10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was any cheap hotel in the area. Housing was located in city of Los Angeles. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Cheapest place with a Kitchen in the area is the Roadway Inn off of I-10, but the bed is horrible, and sheets aren't clean, so bring a mattress pad and your own sheets. I think it was like $60 a night or so.
- I worked in the ICU/CCU department(s) in the hospital. Most everyone is very helpful and friendly. Orientation was very short and there is alot of paperwork. The manager here is excellent and very approachable. Staff usually are very teamwork oriented. On most days unless someone is sick there is axillary staff like a secretary and tech to help with orders or turns. They do mostly paper charting. Most patients and families speak different languages which can make the job difficult. They are willing to work with your schedule and most often people were able to trade days too. Close to the mall and restaurants. Overall a very good experience. 03/28/2008 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Baldwin Arms. Housing was located in city of Temple city. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. The manager for the apartment was so very nice. It looks slightly run down from the outside, but the apartment itself was very roomy with lots of windows. We found this place ourself and they were willing to do a 3 month lease which was a plus. Most places if your finding housing yourself would not let us do only 3 months. It was very affordable too only $1200 per months with untilities and parking included. Only issues were some minor repairs which the maintance guy fixed within the week. Definately would recommend it. Not as nice as some of the condos and apartments that the companies put you up in, but if your looking for your own place to save some money, this place is decent.
- I worked in the mixed tele department(s) in the hospital. Floor was unfriendly towards travel staff. Interview was manager just telling me about the floor and then when she wanted me to come to work. Floated to different floor and had no backup for pts who were getting worse during my shift. the clerks and cna's ran the floor on mixed tele and the doctors were more concerned about saving money and thier next vacation then the pt health. I will never go back. 02/14/2007 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Best Western. Housing was located in city of pasedena. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Hotel was nicer than others and freindly staff.
- I worked in Med/surg and floated. They made me float all the time to units that were completely out of my scope of practice and they were fully aware of that. The manager discussed personal matters about my contract with other nurses and discussed things with me with other nurses in his office. The main supervisor..(that you interview with) made comments that were against my age, my race, and the location of the country that I traveled from. I was unfairly talked about behind my back amongst the supervisor and other nurses. The staff RNs there were very "clicky" and not very helpful. Some were quite backstabbing and gossipy. They floated me to unsafe floors with unsafe number of patients. They did NOT comply with CA law on RN-PT ratios. DO NOT WORK HERE!!! I was told by the supervisor "I care about my staff and you arent my staff!" They treated the travelers like garbage. The housing was 1- to 15 miles away from the hospital. The apartments were called Acapella Pasadena in Pasadena, CA. I would rank them about a 3.5. It was a new building, nice, washer and dryer in unit, new appliances, small kitchen, facing freeway--ugly view and loud freeway noise, safe and gated parking, maintenance never came to fix smoke alarms, bedroom up against stairway..very loud banging doors
Click here for advertising info