Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Western Arizona Regional Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.3|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.7|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.8|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.4|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.7|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.1|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.2|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.1|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.9|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.8|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.4|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.7|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.2|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.1|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||61.4(9)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Very friendly staff, loved having travelers. I would have extended except I wanted to be around trees and the ocean. Charring system is outdated and not intuitive. (It is unique to this hospital system.) Often tripled with PCU patients in the ICU. Low complex acuity patients, will have an occasional IABP but not given to travelers. Everything critical is shipped out. 08/07/2020 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Silver Creek RV Park. Housing was located in city of Bullhead City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Full amenity RV Resort, reasonable rates. Quiet during the day if you are a night shifter.
- I worked in the Medical/Surgical department(s) in the hospital. This hospital ran as though they were stuck in the 1980’s. Surgeons and MDs were allowed to place orders through a physical chart with written orders that RNs had to discover themselves and place into the computer themselves, all while having 6 patients every shift (7 patients were pushed at one point on days). At times, we had 4-5 patients with no CNA help with most of the patients being total care. The charting system is MedHost, which takes forever & is Java based. The system would frequently go down for hours at a time & the hospital was never prepared for these incidents. The cafeteria is not open during nights, so night shift was screwed if they did not pack lunch. Hospital was also very low paying. Several travelers were let go by the CNO for refusing to take 5 patients without a CNA on day shift & were deemed to be “unfit” for the hospital. Both permanent staff members & travelers alike were miserable. The hospital is located near the river, which is nice, but the whole town is a little trashy. 07/11/2019 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rio Lindo Condos. Housing was located in city of Bullhead City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. We stayed in a fully furnished condo full of the cutest elderly people. It had a pool, hot tub, & deck right off the river. The overall condition was great & Singer Rental Properties & Co. was the company we worked with to get the condo!!
- I worked in the tele department(s) in the hospital. First travel assignment here, hospital is small so everyone knows everyone...and their brother. 2/3rds of the hospital are travelers, so pretty fun to hang out with people from all over. Lots of things to do 1-3 hour drives away, not too much directly in BHC. Not a bad travel assignment over all
05/08/2019 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Adobe Highlands. Housing was located in city of BHC. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Furnished apartment close to the hospital
- I worked in the PCU/tele department(s) in the hospital. Hospital staff was great, self scheduling and overtime if desired, but not mandatory. Doctors expected you to round with them which a lot of times took me from the bedside. Care is a little behind the times, but the people were wonderful, BHC is a nice small town with a lot to see within a days drive. One of my best assignments yet, I'd come back 05/05/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was found my own. Housing was located in city of Bullhead. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my house on craigslist and, honestly, we didn't want to leave. Furnished with linens and cookware, utilities included. Owners were great
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Hospital Nurses very unprofessional in the Emergency 09/28/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Stone Ridge. Housing was located in city of BULLEAD AZ. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. N/A
- I worked in the LD/OB department(s) in the hospital. Everyone was very nice except 1 of the OB doctors who tries to make you look like you don't know what you are doing but it's just he's practicing back in the 70"s! Otherwise the other Doctors are good. Director of the Unit is the best. 04/13/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AZ Sunset Suites. Housing was located in city of Bullhead. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Its a studio apartment, furnished that allows pets. They are clean and all the neighbors are great.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. staff was ok at first then tuened quickly. especially those that came from Lake Havaseu to work there. no one would help each other and the were very quick to write you up and get you out of there. when they should have been the ones to be let go. very clickish. 11/08/2007 Housing was approximately 500 yards mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was next door. Housing was located in city of bullhead city. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. actuall i am glad mu contract was cancelled. i have been a nurse for a long time and have NEVER been treated like i was there in all my years of nursing or traveling. i would not recommend this place to anyone. no communication, leadership or acceptance from "outsiders"
- I worked in the Tele department(s) in the hospital. Some of the Staff were kind, Had no Director, Things were in KAOS because of that, No direction, no discipline.. No one watching. No aides with patient ratio of 1-4 But verrry busy floor. If you discharged 3 you would get back 3. Charge nurses had their favorites and showed it. Don't even think about becoming "one of them". Could Not Wait To Leave.... 05/27/2007 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Fishermans Trailer Lodge. Housing was located in city of Bullhead . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Found my own housing.. This is a little trailer park in sort of a bad side of town. But good people there. Right on the Colorado River. Beautiful place. Could see the lights of the Casinos at night. Fished from the pier...
- Everyone I worked with was very friendly and helpful, really went out of their way to make my experience there a good one. I felt like "one of them" almost from day one, and would definitely go back to work there! I worked in the surgical department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Crown Pointe. Housing was located in city of Laughlin, NV. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. The apartment was nice, roomy enough. There were a few minor glitches when I first moved in, but the maintenance staff was right on the problem the very same day I reported it. Parking was a little bit of a distance from where I lived, but was still manageable.
Click here for advertising info